• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Scorched-earth politics meets scorched-earth campaigning

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Impeachment trial is set to begin. Will klobuchar and Warren leave the campaign trail in order to demonstrate the seriousness this moment in America's history? What does that do to their campaigns?

Will Biden be called to testify? What does that do to his campaign?

Who does that leave campaigning...

Impeachment trial is set to begin. Will klobuchar and Warren leave the campaign trail in order to demonstrate the seriousness this moment in America's history?
Yes
What does that do to their campaigns?
Probably nothing- It's not like they aren't in the public by fulfilling their senatorial Responsibilities.
Will Biden be called to testify?
Given that Senate Republicans are acting in bad faith- I'd say probably.
What does that do to his campaign?
It turns him into a victim.
Buttigieg, Yang, Bloomberg, Steyer, Gabbard.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Impeachment trial is set to begin. Will klobuchar and Warren leave the campaign trail in order to demonstrate the seriousness this moment in America's history? What does that do to their campaigns?

Klobuchar and Warren will attend the impeachment trial.

Will Trump’s GOP co-conspirators in the Senate call the Bidens? Their first gambit will be to block all witnesses. If there are any witnesses they will likely demand that one or both Bidens testify. Why? Because like any guilty defendant, the defendant Trump wants to put someone else on trial.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

Why are you worried about that?

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

What should happen: McConnell should simply ignore the seven morons appointed by Nancy Bug-Eyes and call a vote to acquit immediately and throw the phony shit right back in the Democrats' faces.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Klobuchar and Warren will attend the impeachment trial.

Will Trump’s GOP co-conspirators in the Senate call the Bidens? Their first gambit will be to block all witnesses. If there are any witnesses they will likely demand that one or both Bidens testify. Why? Because like any guilty defendant, the defendant Trump wants to put someone else on trial.
There is a lot of guilt go around, so may as well

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Why are you worried about that?
what gives you the impression that I'm worried? I'm not worried in the slightest if you're asking.

As you can see by what's actually written, I was inquiring about the effects of the impeachment trial on persons campaigning

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yes

Probably nothing- It's not like they aren't in the public by fulfilling their senatorial Responsibilities.

Given that Senate Republicans are acting in bad faith- I'd say probably.

It turns him into a victim.

Buttigieg, Yang, Bloomberg, Steyer, Gabbard.
I think there may be an effect on their ability to face-to-face campaign around the country

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What should happen: McConnell should simply ignore the seven morons appointed by Nancy Bug-Eyes and call a vote to acquit immediately and throw the phony shit right back in the Democrats' faces.
I don't know that we won't get that, it's just the timing that's in question

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
what gives you the impression that I'm worried? I'm not worried in the slightest if you're asking.

As you can see by what's actually written, I was inquiring about the effects of the impeachment trial on persons campaigning
If you're not worried, exactly why do you care how they handle campaigning and attending the trial?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The Bidens are guilty of nothing, nor can they speak to Trump's guilt/innocence.
Most likely, but as I noted in my title we're talking scorched-earth politics. The issue too many peoples view will be why he was called to testify to begin with. Which is damaging enough

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
That’s clear thinking if you think the impeachment trial of a president should be turned into a trial of others (who have been charged with no crimes).
Interesting point. Is the president actually charged with a crime? If so can you cite the code and statute