• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Scorched Earth Politics

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Given what is going on today, do you think there will ever be a return to what can be called a 'norm' of civility and composed politics??

I think not.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-declares-war-on-impeachment-inquiry-alleging-effort-to-undo-trumps-election/ar-AAIsdHJ

the link is but a representation of the climate of today..not meant to be all encompassing.

I believe we have set before us (by our elected) a climate from which we cannot recover.

they play zero sum politics.. and they have abdicated their roles as representatives of the people they were elected to serve.

freyasman

Senator
Yeah.....
My son was over last night and he was telling me about what he and his cousins have been up to besides working on cars.

Tribe is gunning up. Bad shit coming is the perception, even amongst those who don't seem that perceptive at first glance.

Given what is going on today, do you think there will ever be a return to what can be called a 'norm' of civility and composed politics??

I think not.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-declares-war-on-impeachment-inquiry-alleging-effort-to-undo-trumps-election/ar-AAIsdHJ

the link is but a representation of the climate of today..not meant to be all encompassing.

I believe we have set before us (by our elected) a climate from which we cannot recover.

they play zero sum politics.. and they have abdicated their roles as representatives of the people they were elected to serve.
when was there a norm of civility?
This is tame compared to other periods of American history.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member

I think not.

What he said.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member

I think not.

I agree with you, but it's a losing proposition for America.

when was there a norm of civility?
This is tame compared to other periods of American history.
For once you're right. In the 1960s and 70s, you people were bombing police stations, assassinating cops and innocent civilians, and kidnapping the children of prominent American families. Leftist terror is only beginning to approach what it was just 40 or 50 years ago.

Pogue Mahone

Legalize it.
I agree with you for the most part but we gotta remember Trump is not the cause of this, he's a reaction to it by people who've realized the time has come for drastic measures. Even drastic measures won't be enough though. We're in for interesting times.

freyasman

Senator
I agree with you for the most part but we gotta remember Trump is not the cause of this, he's a reaction to it by people who've realized the time has come for drastic measures. Even drastic measures won't be enough though. We're in for interesting times.
That's what all the ammo is for. :cool:

llovejim

Current Champion

I think not.

it is right to stand up to trump and his minions. this level of rancor was not shown on any level until the repubs sold their soul to trump after he somehow defeated the weak ass GOP list of candidates in 2016 by bragging, just claiming he was going to be a bigoted ass once elected, bring back torture and worse, insulting his opponents instead of trying to debate them, and somehow there were enough elderly white bigots in this country stupid enough to buy into that crazy bullshit.

anybody claiming both parties are to blame for the democrats standing up to this bloated corrupt liar are in the tank for trump and do not see things clearly. the repubs, in secret, amongst themselves, all know he is a dangerous raving moron, unfit to be even a game show host, but he does have a cult following none of them have, and none of them can have. he is the anti-liberal, and that is enough. if a republican shows any tendency to want total equality in this country for all people, and wants less spending on an already bloated military with a way too huge standing army and way too much money spent on outdated military systems and platforms, and god forbid might even believe women have the right to a safe legal abortion as decided by the Supreme Court in 1973, then he is a RINO, and the bigots that support Trump so heavily will not support a Romney or McCain or even a Bush if he were to run right now.

The GOP has committed political suicide by hitching themselves to this shitstain of a punk ass conman. That is why there is no real political discourse right now- one party is totally batshit crazy right now and will not do the right thing and has not been able to since 2016. They deserve what is coming to them.

Bear Claw

President

I think not.

Time to empty the swamp and get trump out! IMO

RickWA

Snagglesooth
it is right to stand up to trump and his minions. this level of rancor was not shown on any level until the repubs sold their soul to trump after he somehow defeated the weak ass GOP list of candidates in 2016 by bragging, just claiming he was going to be a bigoted ass once elected, bring back torture and worse, insulting his opponents instead of trying to debate them, and somehow there were enough elderly white bigots in this country stupid enough to buy into that crazy bullshit.

anybody claiming both parties are to blame for the democrats standing up to this bloated corrupt liar are in the tank for trump and do not see things clearly. the repubs, in secret, amongst themselves, all know he is a dangerous raving moron, unfit to be even a game show host, but he does have a cult following none of them have, and none of them can have. he is the anti-liberal, and that is enough. if a republican shows any tendency to want total equality in this country for all people, and wants less spending on an already bloated military with a way too huge standing army and way too much money spent on outdated military systems and platforms, and god forbid might even believe women have the right to a safe legal abortion as decided by the Supreme Court in 1973, then he is a RINO, and the bigots that support Trump so heavily will not support a Romney or McCain or even a Bush if he were to run right now.

The GOP has committed political suicide by hitching themselves to this shitstain of a punk ass conman. That is why there is no real political discourse right now- one party is totally batshit crazy right now and will not do the right thing and has not been able to since 2016. They deserve what is coming to them.
Your post is a perfect example of what Phil was writing about.

...And you can't even see it.

llovejim

Current Champion
For once you're right. In the 1960s and 70s, you people were bombing police stations, assassinating cops and innocent civilians, and kidnapping the children of prominent American families. Leftist terror is only beginning to approach what it was just 40 or 50 years ago.
you are lying. no real democrat of any national import did that, ever condoned it, you are a liar. why do you lie so much? what is wrong with you? why do you post such crazy shit?