• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Scorched Earth Politics

Nostra

Governor
okay...no one. your turn, liar. you said there was one and you are lying. you are not very good at playing a dumbass game you invented!!
I'm not playing a game. I stated a fact you were ignorant of.

One thing you need to learn: I don't care if you don't have a clue who I am referencing. My posts are directed to informed, thinking people not the chronically clueless.

no, you are lying again. the people you quoted have nothing at all in common with crazy ass hippie radicals, who hated democrats as much as republicans. nobody of either party liked these idiots, i know, i was around back then, just as democratic as i am today, and i hated those [Unwelcome language removed].
Hey remember that guy Ayers, one of the crazy ass hippie radicals you were talking about? He bombed a police station, the US Capitol, and the Pentagon. Do you think he ever hung out with any Democrats we might know? Ever heard anything? Just wondering...

Jets

Conservative Pragmatist
There is no civil discourse in this country. Tribalism has become the norm. Elected officials from our two parties have figured out that caterwauling fires up each base. Crafting legislation has taken a backseat to fulminating against the opposition on every issue. No need to deliberate on any bill, just keep as a wedge issue for the next election cycle. While the country is in the US against Them mindset, legislators need only worry about campaigns and SIGs.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
phil was wrong, dufus. of course my post is opposite of his, he blames democrats for hating trump and his actions and policies and as anybody with a real IQ should understand, it is wrong NOT to hate his actions, statements and policies!! of course people who go along with his crazy bigoted corrupt bullshit are part of the problem, and deserve no respect. what has trump done to deserve any loyalty, any defending, any type of the other side is just as bad?
No, that's not what the OP was about. It is about the over the top animus that animates our politics, our discourse, and our society - and that this is the new normal.

You then responded in abject hostility, modeling the precise thing he noted...in real-time, no less.

I'm not sure why you are always such a hot head. You're pretty much the male iteration of Nina.

llovejim

Current Champion
I'm not playing a game. I stated a fact you were ignorant of.

One thing you need to learn: I don't care if you don't have a clue who I am referencing. My posts are directed to informed, thinking people not the chronically clueless.
translated- i can name no one. i am lying about even trying to name any radical violent protester as a mentor of Obama. so i am taking the chickenshit way out.

there, i fixed it for you.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with you for the most part but we gotta remember Trump is not the cause of this, he's a reaction to it by people who've realized the time has come for drastic measures. Even drastic measures won't be enough though. We're in for interesting times.

yes. that's what many dont get

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
it is right to stand up to trump and his minions. this level of rancor was not shown on any level until the repubs sold their soul to trump after he somehow defeated the weak ass GOP list of candidates in 2016 by bragging, just claiming he was going to be a bigoted ass once elected, bring back torture and worse, insulting his opponents instead of trying to debate them, and somehow there were enough elderly white bigots in this country stupid enough to buy into that crazy bullshit.

anybody claiming both parties are to blame for the democrats standing up to this bloated corrupt liar are in the tank for trump and do not see things clearly. the repubs, in secret, amongst themselves, all know he is a dangerous raving moron, unfit to be even a game show host, but he does have a cult following none of them have, and none of them can have. he is the anti-liberal, and that is enough. if a republican shows any tendency to want total equality in this country for all people, and wants less spending on an already bloated military with a way too huge standing army and way too much money spent on outdated military systems and platforms, and god forbid might even believe women have the right to a safe legal abortion as decided by the Supreme Court in 1973, then he is a RINO, and the bigots that support Trump so heavily will not support a Romney or McCain or even a Bush if he were to run right now.

The GOP has committed political suicide by hitching themselves to this shitstain of a punk ass conman. That is why there is no real political discourse right now- one party is totally batshit crazy right now and will not do the right thing and has not been able to since 2016. They deserve what is coming to them.

turns out, he was right. all scum. aka the swamp

they saddled us with him.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
phil was wrong, dufus. of course my post is opposite of his, he blames democrats for hating trump and his actions and policies and as anybody with a real IQ should understand, it is wrong NOT to hate his actions, statements and policies!! of course people who go along with his crazy bigoted corrupt bullshit are part of the problem, and deserve no respect. what has trump done to deserve any loyalty, any defending, any type of the other side is just as bad?

yeah, see.. i knew you'd miss it. you need to carry on the mantle of innocence..and 'what, me, cant be me, politics'.

that's precisely why trump.

everybode should hate trump.

but so too, should everybody hate the vile politics and persons that brought him.

llovejim

Current Champion
No, that's not what the OP was about. It is about the over the top animus that animates our politics, our discourse, and our society - and that this is the new normal.

You then responded in abject hostility, modeling the precise thing he noted...in real-time, no less.

I'm not sure why you are always such a hot head. You're pretty much the male iteration of Nina.
yes, it was what it was all about, you are just kind of dim and slow. it is not wrong to react strongly to someone as corrupt, dishonest, bigoted and immoral as Trump and wanting him to be forced out of office before he does something even dumber and worse and gets way too many people killed and injured because of his senseless ego and incompetence.

it is not in any way equal for trump to call the press the enemy of the people, even fox if they ever ever might say he is wrong or have a poll he does not like. that is nuts. it is wrong to even talk about other countries investigating your political opponents, much less bribe them. it is wrong to separate kids from their parents if you do not have to. it is wrong to talk about shooting illegals in the leg to slow them down or putting aligators in moats near his beautiful wall he has not built, and especially with money from Mexico. AND ON AND ON AND ON...he is a threat to our country, a cancer, and his cult like base is part of the problem.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
yes, it was what it was all about, you are just kind of dim and slow. it is not wrong to react strongly to someone as corrupt, dishonest, bigoted and immoral as Trump and wanting him to be forced out of office before he does something even dumber and worse and gets way too many people killed and injured because of his senseless ego and incompetence.

it is not in any way equal for trump to call the press the enemy of the people, even fox if they ever ever might say he is wrong or have a poll he does not like. that is nuts. it is wrong to even talk about other countries investigating your political opponents, much less bribe them. it is wrong to separate kids from their parents if you do not have to. it is wrong to talk about shooting illegals in the leg to slow them down or putting aligators in moats near his beautiful wall he has not built, and especially with money from Mexico. AND ON AND ON AND ON...he is a threat to our country, a cancer, and his cult like base is part of the problem.
Have a nice day.

Spamature

President
Given what is going on today, do you think there will ever be a return to what can be called a 'norm' of civility and composed politics??

I think not.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-declares-war-on-impeachment-inquiry-alleging-effort-to-undo-trumps-election/ar-AAIsdHJ

the link is but a representation of the climate of today..not meant to be all encompassing.

I believe we have set before us (by our elected) a climate from which we cannot recover.

they play zero sum politics.. and they have abdicated their roles as representatives of the people they were elected to serve.
I think the real question is will the GOP ever be able to go back to where it was. Hey I don't remember seeing large numbers of intellectual stalwarts of the Democratic Party leaving because they were disgusted by the POTUS and his rhetoric.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

actually, you're party to the problem.

quit the name calling

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I think the real question is will the GOP ever be able to go back to where it was. Hey I don't remember seeing large numbers of intellectual stalwarts of the Democratic Party leaving because they were disgusted by the POTUS and his rhetoric.
neither party will ever be able to reclaim a high ground

llovejim

Current Champion
yeah, see.. i knew you'd miss it. you need to carry on the mantle of innocence..and 'what, me, cant be me, politics'.

that's precisely why trump.

everybode should hate trump.

but so too, should everybody hate the vile politics and persons that brought him.
i see your point to a degree, except think back to obama-romney and obama-mccain....do you remember anywhere similar type vile and vitriol between the two candidates, or even the two political parties. there were things about mccain i really admired, i just think he was wrong about tax cuts and using the military too much. romney was a decent guy, who could dislike him, much less hate him? he was cordial, funny, unbiased, a real gentleman, i admired his decency.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
i see your point to a degree, except think back to obama-romney and obama-mccain....do you remember anywhere similar type vile and vitriol between the two candidates, or even the two political parties. there were things about mccain i really admired, i just think he was wrong about tax cuts and using the military too much. romney was a decent guy, who could dislike him, much less hate him? he was cordial, funny, unbiased, a real gentleman, i admired his decency.
mccain was a decent man.

now a bygone notion.. decency.

we are besotted with scum in out political body. left and right

llovejim

Current Champion
actually, you're party to the problem.

quit the name calling
tell some of your friends to stop their name calling from time to time...you know, just to give the appearance you are unbiased. kind of dim and slow...wow, you can't even get kicked out of church for that mild statement.

llovejim

Current Champion
mccain was a decent man.

now a bygone notion.. decency.

we are besotted with scum in out political body. left and right
no, you are lying. warren and sanders and biden and butilliege and harris are not scum, they soar above you, for example. try something else. you haven't gotten anything right yet.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
tell some of your friends to stop their name calling from time to time...you know, just to give the appearance you are unbiased.
i fry everyone equally..

you wanna go, or curb it?

easy peasy.

(note you're the one who came in to the thread (at 16) with spewing shit)