• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

SCOTUS OKs Racial Discrimination Again - As Long As Victims Are White

protectionist

Governor
Again, whites still are first in line for jobs, college admissions, etc. As I noted, for example, whites are more likely than members of any other race to get into their first-choice schools. So where's the Black privilege?

Affirmative action only mitigates the many advantages whites get from living in a white-supremacist society. That you can seriously advocate taking from anti-racist organizations to "compensate" whites for efforts to give nonwhites some chance to be included, while meanwhile you don't see affirmative action as reparations for centuries of ongoing racism and its consequences, suggests a firm white-supremacist mindset.
NO. Whites are LAST in line for jobs, college admissions, etc. because of affirmative action.
Because of this, blacks are more likely than members of any other race to get into their first-choice schools AND get financial aid once there. So where's the white privilege?

As for a white-supremacist society, that doesn't exist except in your race distorted mind. You must think we're living in 1940. And I'm not talking about taking from anti-racist organizations to compensate whites, I'm talking about taking RACIST organizations (ex NAACP) t=and racist people, to compensate whites, including me (50/50 White/Hispanic), no wthat I am retired, because my Social Security payments are reduced due to decades of reduced income caussed by AA.
And that you don't see affirmative action as ongoing racism and its consequences against whites, suggests a firm black-supremacist mindset.

Last edited:

EatTheRich

President
NO. White are LAST in line for jobs, college admissions, etc. because of affirmative action.
Because of this, blacks are more likely than members of any other race to get into their first-choice schools AND get financial aid once there. So where's the white privilege?

As for a white-supremacist society, that doesn't exist except in your race distorted mind. You must think we're living in 1940. And I'm not talking about taking from anti-racist organizations to compensate whites, I'm talking about taking RACIST organizations (ex NAACP) t=and racist people, to compensate whites, including me (50/50 White/Hispanic), no wthat I am retired, because my Social Security payments are reduced due to decades of reduced income caussed by AA.
And that you don't see affirmative action as ongoing racism and its consequences against whites, suggests a firm black-supremacist mindset.
You're entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. Whites are more likely to get into their first choice colleges than Blacks, and for every Black beneficiary of affirmative action there are an average of two white people with poorer qualifications admitted to the same school or offered the same job.
https://books.google.com/books?id=rIISm15lOBIC&pg=PT31&lpg=PT31&dq=whites+more+likely+to+get+into+first-choice+college&source=bl&ots=JTkWo-GVpX&sig=oO28tcIkPdzw2a-T_2YhSDPF_E0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPt62okPrNAhVC0WMKHUfuCYcQ6AEIQzAJ#v=onepage&q=whites more likely to get into first-choice college&f=false

You'll have to explain how the NAACP is racist. Supporting affirmative action, a policy intended to mitigate the effects of racism, does not qualify. Or was Martin Luther King a racist too, when he supported affirmative action AFTER the passage of the Civil Rights Act which you claim put an immediate end to white supremacy forever?

Perhaps your income was reduced by affirmative action. But your presumption is that you were entitled to the higher income that would've been yours in its absence, and that none of that higher income would've been due to racial privilege. Remember, if you had been Black, you might've gotten some extra points on your college application or toward a job-application scoring system. But you'd also have been born in a country where, because of your race, you were twice as likely to die in infancy than you actually were. If you had survived that, you'd have become a Black teenager with 2.5 times as much difficulty getting a job as you actually had. Your parents would've been twice as likely to be unemployed and 3 times as likely to be poor. Your family would've likely had 1/8 as much wealth. In other words, affirmative action is a drop in the bucket compared to the privileges afforded to people because they are white, and your view is based on the presumption that anything that cuts into the unearned privileges afforded to people born with white skin is a racial imposition that requires compensation, but that no compensation is required for the undeserved penalties (e.g., poorer access to health care resulting in a doubled infant mortality rate) accruing to Blacks.

protectionist

Governor
So why is a white person more likely to be hired for a job than a Black person when all the qualifications are equal, except that the white person has a felony conviction and the Black person has a clean record? The initiation of affirmative action with the civil rights act of 1965 (not 1961) didn't immediately change the fact that whites have accumulated advantages (something like 8 times the accumulated wealth of Blacks on average, for example, as well as dominance of business and government institutions that often rely on informal and racially segregated networks for hiring referrals) that perpetuate automatic advantages for whites.
1. To say that "a white person more likely to be hired for a job than a Black person when all the qualifications are equal..." is ludicrous. A baldfaced lie. Who on earth could be so brainwashed as to think of such a thing, when we all know that blacks are getting first shot at everything you can think of ?

2. The civil rights act started in 1965. AA was started by JFK in 1961. He wasn't even alive in 1965.

3. No whites do not now or in 1961 have anything like 8 times the accumulated wealth of Blacks. You just told why. You said "on average" Your words, not mine. So this deceitful idea that blacks are wealthier, is totally wrong. You get an "average" when you add up all whites'incomes, and divide by the number of whites. That resulting "average" number is pushed way up, by a tiny fraction of super rich billionaires, while 99% of whites have nowhere near that wealth, and millions of whites live in poverty (more than blacks)

4. Your mindset would have these people (A) be scorned & diminished, so that these people (B) could be welcomed & accepted.

(A) >>

(B) >> upload_2016-7-17_5-15-12.jpeg

protectionist

Governor
You're entitled to your own opinion, but not to your own facts. Whites are more likely to get into their first choice colleges than Blacks, and for every Black beneficiary of affirmative action there are an average of two white people with poorer qualifications admitted to the same school or offered the same job.
https://books.google.com/books?id=rIISm15lOBIC&pg=PT31&lpg=PT31&dq=whites more likely to get into first-choice college&source=bl&ots=JTkWo-GVpX&sig=oO28tcIkPdzw2a-T_2YhSDPF_E0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPt62okPrNAhVC0WMKHUfuCYcQ6AEIQzAJ#v=onepage&q=whites more likely to get into first-choice college&f=false

You'll have to explain how the NAACP is racist. Supporting affirmative action, a policy intended to mitigate the effects of racism, does not qualify. Or was Martin Luther King a racist too, when he supported affirmative action AFTER the passage of the Civil Rights Act which you claim put an immediate end to white supremacy forever?

Perhaps your income was reduced by affirmative action. But your presumption is that you were entitled to the higher income that would've been yours in its absence, and that none of that higher income would've been due to racial privilege. Remember, if you had been Black, you might've gotten some extra points on your college application or toward a job-application scoring system. But you'd also have been born in a country where, because of your race, you were twice as likely to die in infancy than you actually were. If you had survived that, you'd have become a Black teenager with 2.5 times as much difficulty getting a job as you actually had. Your parents would've been twice as likely to be unemployed and 3 times as likely to be poor. Your family would've likely had 1/8 as much wealth. In other words, affirmative action is a drop in the bucket compared to the privileges afforded to people because they are white, and your view is based on the presumption that anything that cuts into the unearned privileges afforded to people born with white skin is a racial imposition that requires compensation, but that no compensation is required for the undeserved penalties (e.g., poorer access to health care resulting in a doubled infant mortality rate) accruing to Blacks.
FALSE! Blacks are more likely to get into their first choice colleges than Blacks, due to AA. And don't bore me with your silly studies wriitten by liberals to push liberal agendas. Like we're not wise to that right ? Sheeeesh!

No, I DON'T have to explain how the NAACP is racist. everyone in America KNOWS how they are. they support and push Affirmative Action racial discrimination against whites (including dirt poor whites) and you know it. And this is why THEY should pay for reparations$$$$$$$ for whites (out of their own pockets) for 55 years of racial discrimination pushed by THEM.

If MLK supported AA, them I would say he was a racist, but from all I've heard, MLK did NOT endorse AA.

protectionist

Governor
https://books.google.com/books?id=rIISm15lOBIC&pg=PT31&lpg=PT31&dq=whites more likely to get into first-choice college&source=bl&ots=JTkWo-GVpX&sig=oO28tcIkPdzw2a-T_2YhSDPF_E0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPt62okPrNAhVC0WMKHUfuCYcQ6AEIQzAJ#v=onepage&q=whites more likely to get into first-choice college&f=false

All your distorted stats come from figuring in the richest 1%, of whose lifestyles the other 99% of whites couldn't even dream about. Wanna try doing a study with infant mortality among THESE folks ? (whom you're willing to discriminate against) >>>

Dude: you show a glaring lack of awareness of reality. You can take all the studies and stats you like,and pile them up one on top of the other and they're not going to measure up to a single white family in the North Carolina or East Tennessee mountains (where I once lived) whose kids didn't own a pair of shoes until they were 9 years old. (let alone the millions of other families in Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama).

You think poor blacks in inner cities have it tough ? I've got news for you brother. I've been to their apartments in Harlem (largest black ghetto in America). They have indoor heat, AC, and indoor plumbing. Millions of poor whites in the southern mountains live in shacks WITHOUT indoor plumbing, or heating (other than a space heater or wood stove). I've been to their homes in East Tennessee. They have pumps outside their house, to get water from. The most poor ones don't even have that. They go to a nearby stream and get water, and haul it back in a bucket, like some early 19th century pioneers.

And THAT is who you want to shove to the back of the line. I don't buy your phony compassion spiel. If you cared one iota about POOR people (rather than just being racist-favorite to blacks), you would support AA BASED ON INCOME or NET WORTH.

But you don't go that route, do you ? Of course not, because you haven't said one word about AA based on economic class. I was the one who had to bring that up. You're as phony as a 3 dollar bill.

Wanna see more ? You GIVE college admissions and financial aid to these folks >>

While at the same time DENYING it to these folks >>

It's the Opposite of What Their Media Tell You

Exclusion is more like all Whites whose parents aren't rich enough to pay them four years of adult living expenses while these 99% percenters are emotionally crippled for life far more than they are financially crippled by student loans. The upper-class is behind entitlements for unfit races because it knows they are too stupid to ever be a threat to its gated communities. Leftists are agents of the Right Wing they were born in.

All your distorted stats come from figuring in the richest 1%, of whose lifestyles the other 99% of whites couldn't even dream about. Wanna try doing a study with infant mortality among THESE folks ? (whom you're willing to discriminate against) >>>

Dude: you show a glaring lack of awareness of reality. You can take all the studies and stats you like,and pile them up one on top of the other and they're not going to measure up to a single white family in the North Carolina or East Tennessee mountains (where I once lived) whose kids didn't own a pair of shoes until they were 9 years old. (let alone the millions of other families in Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, South Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama).

You think poor blacks in inner cities have it tough ? I've got news for you brother. I've been to their apartments in Harlem (largest black ghetto in America). They have indoor heat, AC, and indoor plumbing. Millions of poor whites in the southern mountains live in shacks WITHOUT indoor plumbing, or heating (other than a space heater or wood stove). I've been to their homes in East Tennessee. They have pumps outside their house, to get water from. The most poor ones don't even have that. They go to a nearby stream and get water, and haul it back in a bucket, like some early 19th century pioneers.

And THAT is who you want to shove to the back of the line. I don't buy your phony compassion spiel. If you cared one iota about POOR people (rather than just being racist-favorite to blacks), you would support AA BASED ON INCOME or NET WORTH.

But you don't go that route, do you ? Of course not, because you haven't said one word about AA based on economic class. I was the one who had to bring that up. You're as phony as a 3 dollar bill.
Ominous Parallels

I remember in Vietnam when we were forced to pass out Christmas gifts to the kids of the treacherous Vietnamese, one Marine from West Virginia said, "Kids at home never get expensive toys like that."

So it fits in with the fact that letting scum have equal rights at home and fighting a war to save foreign scum were projects initiated by the same political party.

Fast Eddy

Mayor
So why is a white person more likely to be hired for a job than a Black person when all the qualifications are equal, except that the white person has a felony conviction and the Black person has a clean record? The initiation of affirmative action with the civil rights act of 1965 (not 1961) didn't immediately change the fact that whites have accumulated advantages (something like 8 times the accumulated wealth of Blacks on average, for example, as well as dominance of business and government institutions that often rely on informal and racially segregated networks for hiring referrals) that perpetuate automatic advantages for whites.
These are just lame arguments. Whites are losing out on college admissions because of lower qualified Black applying. They need to compete like everyone else. I know Blacks IQ's are 20 points lower on average, but they still need to compete. Whites have more wealth because they work and save. You can't accumulate wealth being on welfare.
Black use everything for an excuse for their failures.

protectionist

Governor
These are just lame arguments. Whites are losing out on college admissions because of lower qualified Black applying. They need to compete like everyone else. I know Blacks IQ's are 20 points lower on average, but they still need to compete. Whites have more wealth because they work and save. You can't accumulate wealth being on welfare.
While whites are education and job-oriented, blacks are more welfare-oriented where they can sit home, do nothing, and don't have to know anything. Proof is in the pudding. In this case, who they are choosing for president. Overwhelmingly (87%), blacks are for their welfare queen (Hillary), while most whites are for Trump (the jobs candidate).

EatTheRich

President
1. To say that "a white person more likely to be hired for a job than a Black person when all the qualifications are equal..." is ludicrous. A baldfaced lie.
It's backed up by academic research, cited above. You have cited no research to the contrary.

2. The civil rights act started in 1965. AA was started by JFK in 1961. He wasn't even alive in 1965.
I apologize, you are correct.

3. No whites do not now or in 1961 have anything like 8 times the accumulated wealth of Blacks. You just told why. You said "on average" Your words, not mine. So this deceitful idea that blacks are wealthier, is totally wrong. You get an "average" when you add up all whites'incomes, and divide by the number of whites. That resulting "average" number is pushed way up, by a tiny fraction of super rich billionaires, while 99% of whites have nowhere near that wealth, and millions of whites live in poverty (more than blacks)
The gap in median wealth (which is not skewed by a few people at the top because it measures where someone halfway up the ladder is) between white and Black households is actually 13:1, up from the 8:1 gap as of 2010.

4. Your mindset would have these people (A) be scorned & diminished, so that these people (B) could be welcomed & accepted.

(A) >>

(B) >> View attachment 32026
Actually, I understand that unless race-based discrimination is overcome, the capitalist class will continue to pit poor whites against poor Blacks and keep the poor of either race from being able to change things.

EatTheRich

President
Wanna see more ? You GIVE college admissions and financial aid to these folks >>

While at the same time DENYING it to these folks >>

Actually, poor white people DO get extra points for college admission. In the University of Texas system addressed in this thread, for example, they get 20 extra points on their application. Black people likewise get 20 extra points. But they cannot get 40 points for being poor and Black, so the 20 extra points for being poor goes disproportionately to poor whites and is in effect a race-based entitlement for whites, one of many race-based entitlements for whites for which affirmative action is intended as partial if inadequate compensation.

Poor white people DO get financial aid. In fact, 99.75% of funding available for college can go to people of any race.

EatTheRich

President
FALSE! Blacks are more likely to get into their first choice colleges than Blacks, due to AA. And don't bore me with your silly studies wriitten by liberals to push liberal agendas. Like we're not wise to that right ? Sheeeesh!
If you think something is wrong with the empirical data showing that whites are more likely to get into their first choice colleges, despite AA, you are welcome to try to recruit someone qualified to produce a better study showing what you want to hear. Until then, you are just plugging your ears and yelling "I can't hear you" because reality doesn't comport with your white-supremacist ideology.

No, I DON'T have to explain how the NAACP is racist. everyone in America KNOWS how they are. they support and push Affirmative Action racial discrimination against whites (including dirt poor whites) and you know it. And this is why THEY should pay for reparations$$$$$$$ for whites (out of their own pockets) for 55 years of racial discrimination pushed by THEM.

If MLK supported AA, them I would say he was a racist, but from all I've heard, MLK did NOT endorse AA.
The majority of Americans support affirmative action, and presumably most supporters don't see it as racist. Whites (specifically white women) are the people most likely to benefit directly from affirmative action.

Martin Luther King did indeed support affirmative action.
http://www.nola.com/opinions/index.ssf/2014/04/martin_luther_king_jr_explicit.html

EatTheRich

President

1. Why are the richest 1% disproportionately white?
2. Class oppression and racial oppression are not the same thing and do not have the same dynamic. My politics are all about class liberation of the poor (and I am white myself, so much for your scurrilous accusations of Black supremacy), but it is not until the poor are united across racial barriers by a breakdown of the white-supremacist system that we will be able to effectively fight back.
3. Rural white poverty often is worse than inner-city Black poverty, but it is not the norm for whites, as the statistical evidence shows. Rural Black poverty is worse still.
4. I do support efforts to address rural (and urban) white poverty, and I have consistently posted in support of such measures on this site. I realize you are a newer poster, but I have seen little evidence that you have any interest in addressing it rather than bringing it up to derail efforts to dismantle white supremacy. Historically, the greatest gains of the white workers and peasants in the U.S. (Reconstruction-era extension of voting rights, education, etc.; unionization and especially southern unionization; establishment of a two-party system in the south) have come not when they have worked to undermine Black liberation, but when they have worked closely with Black-liberation movements against their common ruling-class enemy.

http://www.timwise.org/2015/04/how-racism-explains-americas-class-divide-and-culture-of-economic-cruelty-an-excerpt-from-under-the-affluence/ <--- "How racism explains America's class divide"

Last edited:

EatTheRich

President
It's the Opposite of What Their Media Tell You

Exclusion is more like all Whites whose parents aren't rich enough to pay them four years of adult living expenses while these 99% percenters are emotionally crippled for life far more than they are financially crippled by student loans. The upper-class is behind entitlements for unfit races because it knows they are too stupid to ever be a threat to its gated communities. Leftists are agents of the Right Wing they were born in.
@protectionist this is openly racist, speaking of "unfit races" ... you agree with it and yet you have the gall to criticize affirmative action for being racist

EatTheRich

President
Ominous Parallels

I remember in Vietnam when we were forced to pass out Christmas gifts to the kids of the treacherous Vietnamese, one Marine from West Virginia said, "Kids at home never get expensive toys like that."

So it fits in with the fact that letting scum have equal rights at home and fighting a war to save foreign scum were projects initiated by the same political party.
The U.S. wasn't fighting in Vietnam to save anyone over there. They were fighting to save the privilege of the American rich from the Vietnamese workers' and peasants' revolution, which threatened to set an example for the poor people of West Virginia.

EatTheRich

President
Only 5% of overall Black income in the U.S. comes from welfare, while 80% comes from earnings (the equivalent figure for whites is 4% from welfare, 83% from earnings).
http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/deflecting-the-dream-right-wing-lies-about-black-america-and-the-facts-to-counter-them/

Whites have more wealth because for decades they and their parents and their parents' parents have had preferential access to jobs, housing, health care, and education, and because the estimated $2 trillion in wealth produced by the unpaid labor of Black slaves went almost exclusively into the hands of whites.

EatTheRich

President
While whites are education and job-oriented, blacks are more welfare-oriented where they can sit home, do nothing, and don't have to know anything. Proof is in the pudding. In this case, who they are choosing for president. Overwhelmingly (87%), blacks are for their welfare queen (Hillary), while most whites are for Trump (the jobs candidate).
Black parents are more likely to spend an hour or more a night helping their kids with their homework. Black twelfth-graders are twice as likely to have perfect attendance. Again, welfare accounts for only 5% of Black household income, and only 1.2% of Black American adults receive cash welfare benefits.
http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/deflecting-the-dream-right-wing-lies-about-black-america-and-the-facts-to-counter-them/
http://www.timwise.org/2012/09/a-kick-in-the-gutfeld-racism-welfare-dependence-and-foxs-clown-prince-of-prejudice/

Blacks tend to support Clinton because of the open racism of leading Republicans such as Mike Pence, and the incessant bigotry of those who decry Obama as a "food stamp president" and Clinton as a "welfare queen" and repeat baseless racial stereotypes about Black dependency. Economists say Trump's proposals will result in massive job losses.
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/trump-economy-217496

protectionist

Governor
It's backed up by academic research, cited above. You have cited no research to the contrary.

I apologize, you are correct.

The gap in median wealth (which is not skewed by a few people at the top because it measures where someone halfway up the ladder is) between white and Black households is actually 13:1, up from the 8:1 gap as of 2010.

Actually, I understand that unless race-based discrimination is overcome, the capitalist class will continue to pit poor whites against poor Blacks and keep the poor of either race from being able to change things.
1. Liberals always cite "research" as if this was somehow indisputable.
EARTH TO ETR: anybody can scrounge up a source that says what they want it to say, and pop it in here. I don't need a research. I have my own. I was denied an assistantship in graduate school by AA. So were 17 other non-blacks. At the time, none of these students was poorer than I was. Your "academic research" is a pile of crap.

2. There are far more whites in poverty in America than blacks, and they are much poorer, as I already noted. Also, there is less reason for blacks to be in poverty since they have the advantage of Affirmative Action, and thereby have greater access to jobs, job training, business loans, etc. Much of black poverty comes from simple laziness, and from dropping out of school.

3. The only race-based discrimination going on is affirmative action, currently banned in 8 states. That needs to be extended to all 50. Reparations also need to be paid to all whites and other non-blacks who have been victimized (including me)

Last edited:

protectionist

Governor
Actually, poor white people DO get extra points for college admission. In the University of Texas system addressed in this thread, for example, they get 20 extra points on their application. Black people likewise get 20 extra points. But they cannot get 40 points for being poor and Black, so the 20 extra points for being poor goes disproportionately to poor whites and is in effect a race-based entitlement for whites, one of many race-based entitlements for whites for which affirmative action is intended as partial if inadequate compensation.

Poor white people DO get financial aid. In fact, 99.75% of funding available for college can go to people of any race.
Never ceases to amaze me at the ludicrous bullshit that liberals toss around. If non-blacks got points for being poor, I would have gotten those points. I didn't, and it's the same way now. Nothing's changed since 1961. Blacks get all the advantage. Non-blacks get all the DISadvantage.

As for financial aid, sure whites get it. But this is mostly in undergraduate school. And when in competition with blacks, blacks get it first by affirmative action, and as in my case, the non-blacks may get zero.

Last edited: