• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Seattle welfare recipient lives in million-dollar home

Adam C

Council Member
Hmmmm

There's something fishy about this story. Unless these people are pulling in $10K/month on welfare, which, according to what I have read, they are not, they are getting an awful lot of money through some other means... I don't suppose they found a meth lab or marijuana farm on the property when they raided it, did they?
I agree that there is something wrong here. I've been a social worker for years, and while some people take advantage of this program, I don't think anyone could pull this off. I originally became a social worker to help people, and I still feel like I do, but people like this make me want to find a way to keep them out of the program. There are quite a few requirements to go on welfare in each state (which you can find here), but I feel like there should be more if it would mean that people like this aren't allowed. I want to do everything in my power to help those who need it, and if you feel the same, I would encourage you to become a social worker as well. Check out my website, socialsciencedegree.net, to compare the many schools and programs you have to choose from.