• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Senator Imhofe, family values, NRA and Amurica.

I am reading a wonderful book about War Cloud, the chief of the Sioux during the Indian Wars of the 1800s. The Sioux, Lakota, Cheyenne, Crow, Blackfeet, Omaha and all the rest of the plains and mountain tribes were vicious to each other to and to the white man. The white man had already killed all the Eastern Tribes out long ago yet they still had enough bloodlust to kill each other by the hundreds of thousands in a civil war. The Indian wars turned everyone into monsters by our modern ethics. But the Indians did not invent barbarity nor did they perfect it, leave that to civilization to finely tune for nothing kills more effectively than civilization. It becomes an art form in the hands of the industrial giants and leaders. We make very efficient killers on a mass scale.

But one thing really strikes at me during the whole book and that is the insane slaughter of millions of bison by white men. Men would shoot 1000 of them a day taking only the tongue and skin leaving the rest to rot or become food for predators. The immensity of the carnage is hard to grasp in today's world unless one cares to watch Japanese or Norwegians slaughter whales and dolphins. We all recoil at the absolute craven nature of these kills not really thinking that any modern person could enjoy killing on this scale.

And yet here we see a standing US Senator holding an event where 1000 pigeons are released while men stand around with shotguns to mow them down in hearty celebrations of manliness. I tend to get on Oklahoma a lot because it is ground zero for all that is wrong with the GOP today. This just adds to the argument I make which is that the culture in OK needs to change.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Your video is mind boggling. Wasn't prepared for all of that deliberate/senseless slaughtering of those helpless/tame pigeons.

Jen

Senator
It is one thing to show your contempt for a person by spelling his/her name wrong:
Algore, Shrub, Shrillery, etc.

And some go a little further and show your contempt for the "other" party:
DemocRATS, DIMocrats, RepuGlicans, PUGS,

It reveals something pretty disturbing when a poster exhibits his disdain for our country in the headline of a post:

Amurica

Shameful.
At least one Democrat here thinks the way of Rev Wright and his "God D America".
I suspect others do too.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
It is one thing to show your contempt for a person by spelling his/her name wrong:

It reveals something pretty disturbing when a poster exhibits his disdain for our country in the headline of a post:

Amurica

Shameful.
At least one Democrat here thinks the way of Rev Wright and his "God D America".
I suspect others do too.
Rev Wright?...was he there shooting the birds?...When is the fund raiser puppy stomp?...These people in Oklahoma are sick and twisted

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that looks pretty sick also....Was it an actual hunt?...Or a bunch of ass hole gun nuts shooting tamed birds?
looks to me like they were blastin them some doves/pigeons....

damn democrat and republican gun nuts.

that democrat senator... crazy man, just crazy...supportin all that nra type blasty blast shit..

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member

Amurica

Shameful.
I suspect others do too.

Really? All that post gets is your disdain because he wrote Amurica? With a side helping of Reverend Wright? Was that...uh...necessary? On topic? Salient?

Nothing on the slaughter of pigeons in your state? By your Senator?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Yes.
He used the word and I commented on his obvious disdain for America.
Nothing needed to be said regarding the rest of the post.
So the content of the post wasn't the subject and it was of no value to discuss because of the spelling of a word. Not even the name of our country...which is The United States...of...America.

To me, plenty could be said about the top post. One could condemn this "sport"...or one could say....hey, it's a good time and we redneck goofballs Okies just love shootin' those flyin' rats...

Zoar

Governor
Yes.
He used the word and I commented on his obvious disdain for America.
Nothing needed to be said regarding the rest of the post.
Typical Righty strategy: claim some high and mighty position and dismiss anything you don't deem comfortable or easy to defend!!!

Bahahahahaaaa. So predictable!

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Dick Cheney's hunting party once boasted of killing 417 such penned and released birds. And Republicans were cheering his manliness!!!!
http://www.alternet.org/story/67663/dick_cheney's_sadistic_passion_for_shooting_tame_animals/

Righties here love their Dick.
I really don't get it. Cheney, Inhofe, Nugent...

These guys and their ilk love killing helpless creatures a little too much for my tastes.

Don't get me wrong, I've eaten pigeon. It's the weirdness of it all, the phony "sport" of it all. It isn't hunting...it's just killing. Even Opie Taylor knew it was wrong to kill for fun.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Rev Wright?...was he there shooting the birds?...When is the fund raiser puppy stomp?...These people in Oklahoma are sick and twisted
The comment on Wright is really really weird. Talk about veering off...

Regardless, it always makes me laugh. The sermon they so love to quote is very long. Like...10,000 words or something. They can recite 3 of those words. With zero context.

Here's a "squab" recipe...although I dispute the modifier "meaty"...

Roast Squab with Bacon and Grapes

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/roast-squab-with-bacon-and-grapes