• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Seriously? We need to just nuke the entire Middle East.....

GordonGecko

President
But then, speaking your true mind and then backpedaling is pretty common in wingerworld. .
Consider it a GOOD thing....that when a Rightly honestly speaks their mind.....it's so obnoxious and toxic that they (or their defenders) have to claim "What? It was all a joke! I was joking!"

Their views being so extreme and horrific to sane people....even THEY know it.

GordonGecko

President
So, if Barbella actually possessed nuclear weapons and made that threat, I would be concerned. Iran, for example, does possess nuclear weapons and has made that threat. Do you see the difference?

1. How many nuclear tests have the Iranians set off, marv?

2. So you're saying that Barbella WAS serious...she just doesn't have the means to carry out her proposal????

Jen

Senator
I took it more as hyperbole, actually. Which many of them can not understand, or continue to argue was meant literally. Its sort of like dealing with a million little Rainmans. They lack the comprehension abilities to understand the nuances of conversational speech or if they do understand, insist on arguing as if the point was meant literally - quite frankly just for the sake of arguing.
I think you are right, connie. It was hyperbolic, not sarcastic. It was late when Wahbooz took to that post and got all upset, treating it as if it was literal. Thank you for straightening me out there.
Either way............ I couldn't just sit there and allow him to go of on something he wasn't understanding.

Minotaur

Governor
I'm a non-interventionist. Always have been...always will be.

Bush was wrong, Obama is wrong.
There has always been intervention but it rarely turns out well, if ever - particularly when we give arms to one side.

I don't know the success ratio so can't say there is a better way but what is seems to have a low payoff success rate.

Last edited:
Z

zzigzzag

Number one, I'm not a 'Republican'...number two....Obama is arming the rebels.

So, you're wrong twice in one statement.
Obama is finally arming the rebels. The right says it was too much too soon....and too little too late. They have it covered.

And I know there are no Republicans among all of you who vote for Republicans every election.

GordonGecko

President
I think you are right, connie. It was hyperbolic, not sarcastic. It was late when Wahbooz took to that post and got all upset, treating it as if it was literal. Thank you for straightening me out there.
Either way............ I couldn't just sit there and allow him to go of on something he wasn't understanding.

Interesting how you switched your opinion from "it was sarcastic" (difficult given Barb used "Seriously?" in her subject line) to "It was hyperbolic" which was Barbella's excuse.

BTW, Jen....answer that question. If a MUSLIM poster came on PJ and said "Seriously? We should just nuke the United States"....how much apologia would you offer for them???

or would you suddenly find yourself taking it literally???

Barbella

Senator
Interesting how you switched your opinion from "it was sarcastic" (difficult given Barb used "Seriously?" in her subject line) to "It was hyperbolic" which was Barbella's excuse.

BTW, Jen....answer that question. If a MUSLIM poster came on PJ and said "Seriously? We should just nuke the United States"....how much apologia would you offer for them???

You ask the dumbest, most inane, questions.....

Jen

Senator

Yes. If a Muslim came here and said that I would take it literally since Muslims really do that sort of thing. But I know Barb and I know her writing and I know she was being hyperbolic. Yes. Hyperbolic. I was dead tired last night when I wrote sarcastic and I was wrong. The writing was hyperbolic. The word "seriously" was sarcastic in nature. That's what messed me up last night (early this morning).

I know you will choose not to understand, and that's okay. It's expected. But I am done talking about this.

GordonGecko

President
You ask the dumbest, most inane, questions.....

No, actually it's a very EMBARASSING question for Jen to try to answer.

She'd either have to say "Uh...yeah...sure. I'd take it as 'hyperbole' if some Muslims said nuke the U.S."....

or contradict herself.

Which is why she probably won't ansswer it directly.

GordonGecko

President
Yes. If a Muslim came here and said that I would take it literally since Muslims really do that sort of thing. But I know Barb and I know her writing and I know she was being hyperbolic. Yes. Hyperbolic. I was dead tired last night when I wrote sarcastic and I was wrong. The writing was hyperbolic. The word "seriously" was sarcastic in nature. That's what messed me up last night (early this morning).

I know you will choose not to understand, and that's okay. It's expected. But I am done talking about this.

Ohhhhhhhh......so because you "know Barb and her writing"....you know SHE was being "hyperbolic"....

well, would you give a Muslim a CHANCE to get to know you and you get to know their writing style and MAYBE consider them saying that to be "hyperbolic"?????

Jen

Senator
No, actually it's a very EMBARASSING question for Jen to try to answer.

She'd either have to say "Uh...yeah...sure. I'd take it as 'hyperbole' if some Muslims said nuke the U.S."....

or contradict herself.

Which is why she probably won't ansswer it directly.
I answered directly. Surprise surprise. Sheeeeesh, Gecko.