• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Settled Science

middleview

President
Supporting Member
“Anti-capital” in this case means not supplied by the “free market” and not available under a capitalist political system. If you claim basic safety regulation is not anti-capital, you need to demonstrate that by effecting such regulation.
Sorry...your post isn't easily deciphered.

Are regulations preventing the sale of asbestos anti-capital? Are rules preventing the sale of opiates anti-capital? For a system to be capitalist does it have to avoid any and all regulations related to safe food, safe work environments, building standards (methods and materials)?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So in other words, you not only want to control Americans through regulation, but rather all the people of the world. And when those nations don't enforce the rules, then what? Don't tell me, let me guess - we go to WAR!!! Am I right?
Yeah, no such thing as a world court or international sanctions. Why do you bother posting such crap?

EatTheRich

President
Sorry...your post isn't easily deciphered.

Are regulations preventing the sale of asbestos anti-capital? Are rules preventing the sale of opiates anti-capital? For a system to be capitalist does it have to avoid any and all regulations related to safe food, safe work environments, building standards (methods and materials)?
Those rules represent the market having its way. They were opposed by some particulr capitalists, but a competing capitalist bloc (perhaps including the “business unionist” leaders who represent the financial power of labor) were able to outbid them in the market for political pull. So far, in the U.S., the market having its way with CO2 has been far short of what is needed to effectively address the crisis.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Did you read what you posted? Doesn't seem like it. Germany and Japan were not peacefully minding their own business and only attacked the rest of the world because of sanctions.

The Japanese sank the USS Panay long before the US enacted an embargo on steel and oil.
The Flying Tigers, US pilots flying US planes with Chinese emblems on them shooting down Japanese planes happened long before the sanctions.

You should work a little harder on your world history lessons....