• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Shenandoah

Days

Commentator
the meeting hall design is, by itself, the greatest expression of the holy spirit at work in the body of Christ... in the past millennium.

See, we have this collection of books, written in memory of the messiah, and in them, there is this radical formation of a working extension of the heavenly ministry of the resurrected Christ... which is witnessed by the gathering of his earthly members in local churches: prophesying, teaching, healing, and a host of other works of God almighty acting through and empowering the members... aka the saints. But then, the evil one, the subtle life sucking enemy of God's church; the great incorporable snake of officialdom, inspired dead minds to design church buildings to represent the one-size-rules-all mentality of the dark ages, destroying the function and flow of the holy spirit in the local church, before anyone even sits down in a pew. Inspiration and corporal growth was killed and stomped out for hundreds of years... until finally, in glorious resurrection, the spiritual insight into what is written in every single book in the New Testament gave rebirth to a simple design that would facilitate a meeting of the saints, by the saints, for the saints.

Wish I got the chance to attend one of those. We had some fractional corrupted form of that meeting in the Living Stream Ministry.

Days

Commentator
the point being; not all American nostalgia revolves around death and war...
but those guys do tend to be the loudest.
JackDallas is a fine writer and poet, a tad too earthy for all the time he's been saved,
but he spends most of his time in prayer and worship in the Baptist Church...
and on Civil War battlefields. Politics is a cesspool, but these forums do give us a voice...
Christians are supposed to be living witnesses (Greek: martyrs) to Jesus spirit inside us...
not death and war. I'm not judging Jack, but I can see how you came away with that impression of Americans.
I think Americans are much more spiritual than is represented in the media, you have to look for it.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
1 John 4:1 -- "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to determine if they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world". Other translations render the phrase: "try the spirits" or "put the spirits to a test." The Message reads, "Carefully weigh and examine what people tell you .... for there are a lot of lying preachers loose in the world." God expects His people to be discerning, for there are indeed many deceivers in the world about us ... and also not a few hiding in among the sheep of the One Flock. It is critical that we learn to identify the wolves, lest we become their next meal.

Christ did not call us to make fools of ourselves, nor did he call us to believe and follow every lying spirit and conspiracy theory ceated in the minds of fools. The earth is not flat; and the government did not rig the Twin Towers for demolition. An airplane crashed into the Pentagon and we really did send men to the moon in 1969. We are saved by grace, not by works.

the point being; not all American nostalgia revolves around death and war...
but those guys do tend to be the loudest.
JackDallas is a fine writer and poet, a tad too earthy for all the time he's been saved,
but he spends most of his time in prayer and worship in the Baptist Church...
and on Civil War battlefields. Politics is a cesspool, but these forums do give us a voice...
Christians are supposed to be living witnesses (Greek: martyrs) to Jesus spirit inside us...
not death and war. I'm not judging Jack, but I can see how you came away with that impression of Americans.
I think Americans are much more spiritual than is represented in the media, you have to look for it.

Jack,

Your observations of Maryland from a historical prospective are totally correct. We lived on the N.E. side just across the D.C. line for years before moving back to PA. My wife and I would take day trips to many of the places that you mentioned with our children to teach them the history of our nation. We lived a 20 minute walk from Bladensburg where the British landed when they sacked and burned Washington during the war of 1812. Most historical sies were within a two hour drive of where we lived. I had an aunt that lived in Manassass,VA. and on Sundays I would take the kids to her place and we would look for Civil War artifacts on her property because Bull Run ran through her back yard.

TomFitz

Mayor
I thought it was kind of odd that only one of the three site Jack talked about was actually in Maryland.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I loved living in Maryland. It's a beautiful state and is geographically situated close to so many sites and places there is always so much to do and see. We went to Fort McHenry, that was awesome; and about once a month we went out to the South Mountain Inn, near Middleston, for Sunday brunch. It's a historical old building andthe scene of some major activity preceding the battle of Antietam.

Baltimore's Inner Harbor and the Constellation, sister ship to Old Ironside, is a great place. I enjoyed the seven years we were there, but business got slow and I started getting Yellow Rose Fever to go home to Dallas so we left there in 1995.

Jack,

Your observations of Maryland from a historical prospective are totally correct. We lived on the N.E. side just across the D.C. line for years before moving back to PA. My wife and I would take day trips to many of the places that you mentioned with our children to teach them the history of our nation. We lived a 20 minute walk from Bladensburg where the British landed when they sacked and burned Washington during the war of 1812. Most historical sies were within a two hour drive of where we lived. I had an aunt that lived in Manassass,VA. and on Sundays I would take the kids to her place and we would look for Civil War artifacts on her property because Bull Run ran through her back yard.

I loved living in Maryland. It's a beautiful state and is geographically situated close to so many sites and places there is always so much to do and see. We went to Fort McHenry, that was awesome; and about once a month we went out to the South Mountain Inn, near Middleston, for Sunday brunch. It's a historical old building andthe scene of some major activity preceding the battle of Antietam.

Baltimore's Inner Harbor and the Constellation, sister ship to Old Ironside, is a great place. I enjoyed the seven years we were there, but business got slow and I started getting Yellow Rose Fever to go home to Dallas so we left there in 1995.
We left in 1991 b3ecause the taxes were killing us and I didn't want the wife going back to work to make ends meet and she prefered to stay at home with the kids. So we moved back and bought a house off the beaten path and I traveled back and forth until 1994 when I retired. We haven't been back since my sister passed 7 years ago and I can't say I miss it since I am only about a 45 minute drive from MD.

PS: We lived for a while in Laural and then I bought a house in Pasadena. I worked quite often in DC and by the time we left there, I had learned my way around the city like a native. I often went to the New Carrollton Metro Station and rode the tram down to the Capital Mall. DC is a great city but if you aren't a fearless driver, you'd better be riding shotgun.

http://adventures-in-time.blogspot.com/2007/12/ode-to-washington-dc.html
Than you didn't live to far from me. My folks bout a house in Mt. Rainier and I lived throughout PG County. Laurel, Colmar Manor (Bladensburg), College Park, near Andrews AFB off of Pennsylvania Ave. extended ande even New Carrolton for awhile. Through the summer when the kids were out of school and the wife had to work I would take them to the national mall for the day and were always in and out of the museums and such. I can remember Pennsylvania Ave. before it was closed off and if you wantec to tour the White House all you had to do was walk through the front gate. My father drove buses and streetcars for the local transit co. and I learned my way around D.C. by riding the buses and streetcars with him.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
Silver spoon oil tycoons: for president,

Men bloated by bags they drag like trusted nags,
Swaybacked, swinging under loads,
Of hand-worn bills for which are sold,
Goods like salt: or sex.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Darn. Missed it. The anniversary of Sharpsburg just passed. Bump it up anyway.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Darn. Missed it. The anniversary of Sharpsburg just passed. Bump it up anyway.
I missed it too. just skipped my mind. Antietam is the main thing I loved about living in Maryland. I went there on a regular basis.