• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Shooters of Color are Called ‘Terrorists’ and ‘Thugs.’ Why are White Shooters Called ‘Mentally Ill’?

AIL

Jet fuel that's a good one.
Standard white men excuses: His mommy did not love him; his father left home; poor white boy had a difficult childhood that is why he was angry. Must be mentally ill; white men are not terrorist.

Have pity on the white man..

Shooters of Color are Called ‘Terrorists’ and ‘Thugs.’ Why are White Shooters Called ‘Mentally Ill’?

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article42190.htm

Jen

Senator
Standard white men excuses: His mommy did not love him; his father left home; poor white boy had a difficult childhood that is why he was angry. Must be mentally ill; white men are not terrorist.

You may very well see that happening, AIL.
The reason is simple.
Terrorists and Thugs are called that because there is a group of people doing heinous acts in concert. There is a presumption of some sort of mental illness in all of them, but their action is thuggish and meant to terrorize people. It's a group action.

When one shooter shoots up a crowd of people ........ he is mentally ill and we say so. He is obviously a thug. He is - in some sense of the word - a terrorist. The words Thugs and Terrorists are usually reserved for groups of people. That doesn't mean one person doing a heinous deed isn't a mentally ill thug and a terrorist. He is all of those things.

BobbyT

Governor
The reason is simple.
Terrorists and Thugs are called that because there is a group of people doing heinous acts in concert. There is a presumption of some sort of mental illness in all of them, but their action is thuggish and meant to terrorize people. It's a group action.

When one shooter shoots up a crowd of people ........ he is mentally ill and we say so. He is obviously a thug. He is - in some sense of the word - a terrorist. The words Thugs and Terrorists are usually reserved for groups of people. That doesn't mean one person doing a heinous deed isn't a mentally ill thug and a terrorist. He is all of those things.
Trayvon Martin was called a thug. Which "heinous" act did he commit?

BobbyT

Governor
You do not have to commit a heinous crime to be a thug.
Dang, Bobby............. do you ever think before you type?
I'm not the one who said you did, you are. You said: "Terrorists and Thugs are called that because there is a group of people doing heinous acts in concert." If you're unhappy with the definition you invented, change it. Here's some help - change "are called that" to "may be called that."

Jen

Senator
I'm not the one who said you did, you are. You said: "Terrorists and Thugs are called that because there is a group of people doing heinous acts in concert." If you're unhappy with the definition you invented, change it. Here's some help - change "are called that" to "may be called that."
Goodbye, Bobby.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
I think people are called "mentally ill" when they have a history of mental illness, are proven violently unstable individuals who often attempt to save themselves through risky medication, and have eerie written manifestos.

To contrast what is being referenced, Inner city black gang members usually have no psychological history documented and don't have a written manifesto of hate. They simply act.

So, this attempt to make the terms racial is quite intellectually irresponsible.

AIL

The reason is simple.

It's a group action.
What if this group is the US military, following orders of your Commander in chief (or as I call your presidents warmongers) Why isn't this "group" called "terrorist."

Jen

Senator
It's a group action.
What if this group is the US military, following orders of your Commander in chief (or as I call your presidents warmongers) Why isn't this "group" called "terrorist."
I'll let you research and figure that out, AIL. I"m sure I don't have an answer that would suit you.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member

White people make excellent terrorists, but I think people in general do, so being a terrorist is not about race. It is about a method.

Last edited:

4/15

Mayor
It's a group action.
When Bush is the leader of the regime it is!!!

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member

They can be all three at once.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
White people make excellent terrorists, but I think people in general do, so being a terrorist is not about race. It is about a method.
While true, it takes someone who is mentally unstable or very desperate to wear a suicide belt or drive a truck bomb into a building.

BobbyT

Governor
I think people are called "mentally ill" when they have a history of mental illness, are proven violently unstable individuals who often attempt to save themselves through risky medication, and have eerie written manifestos.

To contrast what is being referenced, Inner city black gang members usually have no psychological history documented and don't have a written manifesto of hate. They simply act.

So, this attempt to make the terms racial is quite intellectually irresponsible.
except we're talking about the characterizations that happen immediately after the murder, not after facts have come out

several posters - myself included - immediately identified Michael Brown as "mentally ill" and "a drug user"

we were shouted down by others, who described his as "innocent".

until the forensic evidence confirmed he had been attempting to disarm officer wilson and kill him with is own service revolver.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
several posters - myself included - immediately identified Michael Brown as "mentally ill" and "a drug user"

we were shouted down by others, who described his as "innocent".

until the forensic evidence confirmed he had been attempting to disarm officer wilson and kill him with is own service revolver.
Even "anger issues" are mental. The law sees mental illness differently than the medical field. Most laws require that a person be unable to see the difference between right and wrong to be declared mentally ill. Brown knew the difference and, I suspect, Roof did too. That doesn't mean they didn't have mental issues or were acting irrationally, which both obviously were doing.

One difference between them is that Brown attempted to flee after the attack and Roof, according to the surviving witnesses, attempted to take his own life.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
except we're talking about the characterizations that happen immediately after the murder, not after facts have come out
Characterizations are made from established stereotypes from other cases where the facts had already come out.

So, it's not just about some unconnected characterization, which you're trying to claim.

Why are you trying to inject race into so many things?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Trayvon Martin was called a thug. Which "heinous" act did he commit?
The very influential rap community in black culture has already claimed the term "thug" as a compliment or a badge of honor.

Thus, even if it were used more commonly to describe black criminal acts than any other race, it'd make sense within cultural context...

Blame 2Pac and every other prominant black gangsta rapper for that. They owned black youth culture for many years.

AIL

While true, it takes someone who is mentally unstable or very desperate to wear a suicide belt or drive a truck bomb into a building.
" very desperate to wear a suicide belt or drive a truck bomb into a building." If your family is being starved and does not have access to clean water or shelter that can make any one including you desperate; but never mentally unstable.
If you have nothing to lose why not have some revenge that is all you got and nothing to live for.
I am not ,making excuses for suicide bomber (Martyr form the other point of view) ) you have to use other people views of the situation and or other people words to describe the actions being taken.