• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

shortage of sacrificial virgins results in major hurricanes

Days

Commentator
I'm not really sure if the jamaicans sacrificed virgins to the great god HURRIKANE. Someone must be asleep at the switch, because we've got 3 named storms in a row doing incredible damage.

Harvey
Irma
Jose

Barbuda was completely destroyed by Irma, 185 mph sustained winds and gusts up to 225 mph... the eyewall went directly over the island. I say blame the vestal virgins, someone on that island has pissed that old god off. And look, just in case they still haven't got the message, Jose is giving them a 2nd helping, and Jose is a category 4 hurricane... the eye came real close, I can't tell if they got nailed twice in a row, but Jose hit 'em with 130 mph winds, minimum.

So if you were thinking about that old Beach Boys song and romancing about moving to Antigua, I say first thing to do is work on hurricane counseling; those people have definitely pissed off their god and there's nothing left of their islands to move to.

Irma did a squeeze play under the jetstream and now looks to be headed for the Gulf of Mexico - more open waters, and this time, even hotter water. It's anyone's guess where Irma goes next. Irma just spent 2 days ripping up the entire northern coast of Cuba. It got so bad last night, the eye was half on shore to almost entirely onshore for hours, plugging along at 10 mph with a 30 mile wide eye; the hurricane was at 160 mph sustained winds when it decided to dip slightly south and engage the coast. So after running parallel with the coast for 24 hours; try to imagine the storm surge when it veered into the coastline; I'm guessing 25 feet of water. Of course it is Cuba, so nobody cares. There will be no reporting and no relief effort. Irma was still a category 3 storm @ 125 mph sustained eyewall winds, when she headed back out to sea, but as of this typing, she is still headed west/northwest, hasn't turned north yet. If Irma continued straight ahead on her present course, she will slam straight into Houston.

Jose looks to be turning north in front of the jetstream - like Irma was supposed to do. Jose may have delivered his only blow; Barbuda is just now starting to see sunny skies again... I wonder how the island looks now? I wonder how many people made it through Irma but didn't make it through Jose?

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Irma is not going to make landfall in Florida tomorrow. Irma's movement is west/northwest and has slowed from 18 mph to 7 mph, she has lost 65 mph of sustained wind speed in her eyewall, and as long as her feedwinds are being dried over Cuba, she should continue to weaken.

Irma acts like a hurricane that will slide under the Florida keys and reach for those warm Gulf of Mexico waters. I know they say she will turn north, but she steadfastly refuses to do that... for 2 days now.

It's a good thing they evacuated the Florida Keys... they are getting pummelled something fierce by this storm, even if the eye misses them. Irma seems to be slowing to walking speed right under the Keys... who knows how long this hurricane batters those islands?

I'm guessing Irma heads into the Gulf of Mexico and quickly returns to category 5. She is going to go down as a very, very destructive hurricane.

Days

Commentator
well, there it is, Irma finally began to swing northward. Could end up hitting Florida tomorrow after all. Irma is slowing down, she's now moving northwest at 6 mph. Acts like she is about to stall.

Days

Commentator
well, there it is, Irma finally began to swing northward. Could end up hitting Florida tomorrow after all. Irma is slowing down, she's now moving northwest at 6 mph. Acts like she is about to stall.
yeah, the system looks like it hit a wall and bounced north, so that slowed it down. It might speed up now, the eyewall should get stronger, the feedwinds are drawing from warm waters; northeast quarter. This hurricane system is pushing up into Georgia...

Days

Commentator
Okay, this is cool, the image is updated in our posts...

wow, that's got to be causing a huge storm surge.

Tomorrow, these pics will show a hurricane in Georgia.

Okay, when Irma made landfall in the Florida Keys it was the first time in US history that two category 4 hurricanes made landfall in the US in the same year.

Wonder if Jose will make it three?

Days

Commentator
Fort Myers is going to get the eye and one helluva storm surge.

soon, within the hour, me thinks.

Days

Commentator
yeah this is crazy... can you see Jose?

Jose is running about 300 miles north of Irma's track and is heading northwest. From what I can see in this picture; Jose should not turn north until it bumps into Irma's system. That could steer Jose north into the colder Atlantic waters or ----> if Irma continues to pick up speed (she slowed to 6 mph but is now moving 9 mph) it is just possible that Irma moves and shrinks out of the way. Jose could be sucked into our east coast by Irma, there's the dynamic of a shrinking storm; two days from now, Irma could easily be a zero factor hindering Jose but she might have pushed back on the pressure zone she ran into... IOW, Irma might clear the path for Jose to make landfall on the east coast.

Jose has all open water in front of him. If the storm would slow down a little it will become category 5. Jose has been moving so fast, the hurricane's headwind is its own sheer... at one point last night, the entire feedwind separated instead of feeding the eye; the hurricane is moving too fast for its own development. Jose is its own worst enemy.

If I was a betting man... looking at this scenario... I think Jose will become a category 5 hurricane and make landfall in the Carolinas.

Days

Commentator
So now, just as the eye is nearing terra-firma, Irma is downgraded back to a category 3... with 120 mph winds. That's the same thing that happened to her when she ran along the Cuban coast, the feedwinds are now crossing Florida and drying her out. Wow, did the Keys ever take a beating. Miami got a taste of category 2 winds. Ft Myers and Port Charlotte are probably both seeing 20 foot storm surges. Still wondering where the eye will come onshore... right now the eye is just off shore of Naples.

Jose is going to be another category 5 storm, just wait and see.