• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Should US military bases named after Confederates be renamed?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Several US military bases are named for Confederate generals. A poll in Stars & Stripes asks if they should be renamed. The response is overwhelmingly "NO" at 87% to 13%.

http://www.stripes.com/military-life/military-history/poll-should-us-military-bases-named-after-confederates-be-renamed-1.353890
What do these US military bases have in common?

• Fort Bragg
  • Fort Rucker
  • Fort Hood
  • Fort Lee
  • Fort Benning
  • Fort Gordon
  • Fort A.P. Hill
  • Fort Polk
  • Fort Pickett
  • Camp Beauregard (Operated by the Louisiana National Guard)
They are all named for Confederate generals. There’s been talk for years about whether this is appropriate, and now in wake of Charleston and the South Carolina Confederate flag, it’s coming up again.

Do you think these posts should be renamed to honor people who fought in the U.S. Army exclusively? Vote, and share your thoughts in the comments section below.

I think we should rename them after popular "Star Trek" characters.

Who WOULDN'T want to take basic training or be stationed at:

Fort Spock

Camp James T. Kirk

or the Worf Naval Air Station?

Barbella

Senator
Several US military bases are named for Confederate generals. A poll in Stars & Stripes asks if they should be renamed. The response is overwhelmingly "NO" at 87% to 13%.

http://www.stripes.com/military-life/military-history/poll-should-us-military-bases-named-after-confederates-be-renamed-1.353890
What do these US military bases have in common?

• Fort Bragg
  • Fort Rucker
  • Fort Hood
  • Fort Lee
  • Fort Benning
  • Fort Gordon
  • Fort A.P. Hill
  • Fort Polk
  • Fort Pickett
  • Camp Beauregard (Operated by the Louisiana National Guard)
They are all named for Confederate generals. There’s been talk for years about whether this is appropriate, and now in wake of Charleston and the South Carolina Confederate flag, it’s coming up again.

Do you think these posts should be renamed to honor people who fought in the U.S. Army exclusively? Vote, and share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Absolutely not.

...or named after Hollywood celebrities:

Fort Caitlyn

Fort Britney

Fort P Diddy
since we're kicking dead presidents off the currency and replacing them with "important american women", how about . . .

Amelia Earhart AFB
Annie Oakley Sniper School
Fort Sacagawea

Please tell me something, what exactly has the name of a military installation got to do with racism? Liberals need to understand something. The Civil War is part of our history, America's history. A flag or the name of a military post has nothing what so ever to do with racism or bigotry. That flag was the battle cry of the Confederated States of America not what the war was about or even fought for. Just to piss off liberals I bought a Confederate flag to fly at my house and I will fly it proudly, it is part of American history. I just don't get it, is it that important to them to control what kind of flag we can fly? How about what kind of underwear I have on? God Almighty Holy Mother of God and Baby Jesus grow the F--k Up.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
since we're kicking dead presidents off the currency and replacing them with "important american women", how about . . .

Amelia Earhart AFB
Annie Oakley Sniper School
Fort Sacagawea
Annie Oakley and Sacagawea might actually work, but as famous as Amelia Earhart was, I tend to snicker at the idea of an "Amelia Earhart Navigation School" for the USAF.

How about:
Fort Pee Wee Home of the Army's Gay Pride
or
Camp Terminator
or
Fort Hillary Home of the most corrupt units ever.
or
Gumby and Pokey Air Force Base
or
Fort Homey the Clown

Last edited:

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Please tell me something, what exactly has the name of a military installation got to do with racism? Liberals need to understand something. The Civil War is part of our history, America's history. A flag or the name of a military post has nothing what so ever to do with racism or bigotry. That flag was the battle cry of the Confederated States of America not what the war was about or even fought for. Just to piss off liberals I bought a Confederate flag to fly at my house and I will fly it proudly, it is part of American history. I just don't get it, is it that important to them to control what kind of flag we can fly? How about what kind of underwear I have on? God Almighty Holy Mother of God and Baby Jesus grow the F--k Up.
Logic and Liberals rarely go together. Trying to figure out why they think the way they do will just drive you as nutty as them. ;)

Annie Oakley and Sacagawea might actually work, but as famous as Amelia Earhart was, I tend to snicker at the idea of an "Amelia Earhart Navigation School" for the USAF.

Annie Oakley Sniper School might be a good one.

Fort P. Diddy might not fly
but Fort Heavy "D" might
or Fort Ludicrous
or Fort 50 Cent
or Fort Snoop Dog
or Fort Puffy

Those are not Racist names and they could fly a blank flag with nothing on it, problem then would be what color it had to be and here we go again.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Annie Oakley Sniper School might be a good one.

Fort P. Diddy might not fly
but Fort Heavy "D" might
or Fort Ludicrous
or Fort 50 Cent
or Fort Snoop Dog
or Fort Puffy

Those are not Racist names and they could fly a blank flag with nothing on it, problem then would be what color it had to be and here we go again.
Aha! I think you've hit on a great idea. The ultimately non-offensive flag courtesy of American Democrats to be flown over all government buildings, both civilian and military:

Caroljo

Senator
I heard people are trying to buy those flags like crazy right now before they're all gone! I just saw a guy yesterday in an F350 with a HUGE confederate flag flying from the truck bed...it looked pretty cool actually! I think they're COMPLETELY wrong for banning this flag. Like you said, it's part of our history. It had nothing to do with those people being murdered....how does a flag force someone to murder?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I heard people are trying to buy those flags like crazy right now before they're all gone! I just saw a guy yesterday in an F350 with a HUGE confederate flag flying from the truck bed...it looked pretty cool actually! I think they're COMPLETELY wrong for banning this flag. Like you said, it's part of our history. It had nothing to do with those people being murdered....how does a flag force someone to murder?
Who is banning the flag?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Don't question what passes for Liberal Logic. They think guns cause people to shoot each other and that banning guns would solve all gang violence, domestic violence and suicides.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Who is banning the flag?
The Cartel of Liberal Activists and the media basically is, through severe intimidation.

Hey, if you're all for getting your lunch money by slamming someone much smaller than you up against a locker and "suggesting" that they "donate" it to you "or else".. then there's no problem in this methodology.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
They might as well be. Stores are even taking them off their shelves. Companies that make the flag are starting to discontinue making them.
That's their choice. No one is forcing them to do so. They are not being banned. This is the way the world sorts it self out. Some manufacturer...and some distributor will be certain to supply the demand.

CVS, for example, stopped selling tobacco. Lo and behold, a new little tobacco shop opens or the nearby convenience store suddenly has a larger tobacco selection...

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
The Cartel of Liberal Activists and the media basically is, through severe intimidation.

Hey, if you're all for getting your lunch money by slamming someone much smaller than you up against a locker and "suggesting" that they "donate" it to you "or else".. then there's no problem in this methodology.
Yeah...WalMart gives in to liberal activists...:rolleyes:

Mitch McConnell...Tim Scott...Nikki Haley...damn liberal activists...