• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Should we have a PJ election??

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The campaign to bring back posters.

I'd like to lure Minotaur back. Or Reptilicus (aka gorn captain)

Aaah thems were the days,

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I've tried to get both and others back. SW48's recent thread in Latest Political News is a great example of why they won't come back.

Jen

Senator

What kind of election would you have in mind?
How would any election woo your favorite posters back?

Jen

Senator
I've tried to get both and others back. SW48's recent thread in Latest Political News is a great example of why they won't come back.
What? They prefer to avoid heated discussions?

SW's thread was hijacked. Thread jacking should be taken care of by moderators. If thread jacking is allowed.....it's on the mods.

But heated discussion is what these forums are all about. So if people leave because they don't like the heat, then there is nothing we can do to lure them away from the insipid echo chamber forums they have found.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Start by eliminating all ratings but "LIKE"

PH does that and is a friendly board by comparison. IMO
Indeed. Reduce rights and options. Subtract down to the lowest common denominator. Some of us DO NOT abuse the ratings system. I am one of those who do not. You, however, do indeed abuse it - as do many others. Are you just abusing the system to drive the board owner’s decision in this regard? It sure looks that way.

Hopefully SW and the mods take notice and are not so easily manipulated.

Bear Claw

President
Indeed. Reduce rights and options. Subtract down to the lowest common denominator. Some of us DO NOT abuse the ratings system. I am one of those who do not. You, however, do indeed abuse it - as do many others. Are you just abusing the system to drive the board owner’s decision in this regard? It sure looks that way.

Hopefully SW and the mods take notice and are not so easily manipulated.

The Bully Gang tries to run this forum. Some of us here stand up to them.

We are not afraid like others!

RickWA

Snagglesooth
The Bully Gang tries to run this forum. Some of us here stand up to them.

We are not afraid like others!
Afraid of what? Not abusing the ratings?

I suppose I should expect illogical responses at this point. I get plenty of “disagrees” from you, 4/15, and several others. I have yet to abuse the ratings in response...or to complain to someone about it because it doesn’t matter. It is unimportant. If you consider abuse of that utility to be “bullying” why do you do it?

Jen

Senator
Afraid of what? Not abusing the ratings?

I suppose I should expect illogical responses at this point. I get plenty of “disagrees” from you, 4/15, and several others. I have yet to abuse the ratings in response...or to complain to someone about it because it doesn’t matter. It is unimportant. If you consider abuse of that utility to be “bullying” why do you do it?
It's kind of funny when abusers complain that other people are abusing. o_O Do they even realize what they are doing?

Barbella

Senator

‘Lure’ them? How? With what?

I dunno, Phil.. it’s like a broken marriage, isn’t it? The partner who left can’t be ‘lured’ back with promises of ... what, exactly? Either they want to, or they don’t.

At least that’s the way I see it.

Jen

Senator

I dunno, Phil.. it’s like a broken marriage, isn’t it? The partner who left can’t be ‘lured’ back with promises of ... what, exactly? Either they want to, or they don’t.

You are exactly right, @Barbella .

Posters who are no longer here left for reasons known only to them.

No promises of how we will all "change" and "be better" (whatever that means) are possible.

Phil mentioned "elections". What would that even be? Does he want to vote some of us off this PJ island in order to get those other, obviously more desirable people to come back?

I asked. But I don't see an answer. So

Carrots, they just want carrots Barb --- lots of 'em to munch on as they fawn over each other in the dark.

No promises of how we will all "change" and "be better" (whatever that means) are possible.

Phil mentioned "elections". What would that even be? Does he want to vote some of us off this PJ island in order to get those other, obviously more desirable people to come back?

I think he wants all of us to vote on who we want back --- ie to tell em we love and miss them and how wonderful they are ........... looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Bear Claw

President

A fair question. Elect what or who??

Jen

Senator
I think he wants all of us to vote on who we want back --- ie to tell em we love and miss them and how wonderful they are ........... looooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Oh Lordy!

My first thought - that it was about voting people off the island - is more appetizing than that.