• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Snow birds beware....

Wahbooz

Governor
Florida has become a haven for tens of thousands of Burmese Pythons. Believe it or not, these reptiles easily get 20 ft long, and weigh as much as 200 lbs. They've been known to swallow an alligator. but if lucky an alligator can eat them as well. They can lay as many as 36 eggs, so you can imagine how exponentially their numbers are increasing. And their strike is lightening quick.

Why Burmese Pythons? Because people buy them as pets, realize they either can't afford to feed them, or they get way too big to handle. So what do they do? They turn them loose, and they are spreading like crabgrass.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Florida has become a haven for tens of thousands of Burmese Pythons. Believe it or not, these reptiles easily get 20 ft long, and weigh as much as 200 lbs. They've been known to swallow an alligator. but if lucky an alligator can eat them as well. They can lay as many as 36 eggs, so you can imagine how exponentially their numbers are increasing. And their strike is lightening quick.

Why Burmese Pythons? Because people buy them as pets, realize they either can't afford to feed them, or they get way too big to handle. So what do they do? They turn them loose, and they are spreading like crabgrass.
Very interesting...

The only thing that could be roaming around your neighborhood that is worse than a bunch of Burmese Pythons?

People eating Corn Dogs...

a24.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_mamdmoOVGZ1roqak9o1_500.jpg

adeanofsports.files.wordpress.com_2012_06_hot_girls_eating_corn_dogs_6.jpg
at1_gstatic_com_images_c25c32cee2a01d3caf7e5a8cde65db40._.jpg
awww.savory.de_stus_blog_pix_corndog.jpg
anicedoggie.net_wp_content_uploads_2012_04_leg.jpg
at0_gstatic_com_images_8209bf0b116a68f0ac6ac37180537a94._.jpg

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Please do a beverage alert in the future on posts like this, I almost choked on my coffee. Thanks for the chuckle.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member

Those snakes can have a real bad attitude, another good reason to keep a .22 handy, as the larger ones can take pets and small children.

I have a few acres here and invariably end up killing a Copper Head (Viper) almost every time I mow, the snakes are safe out in the bush where they belong but in the yard they get graduated to varmints.

Wahbooz

Governor
Those snakes can have a real bad attitude, another good reason to keep a .22 handy, as the larger ones can take pets and small children.

I have a few acres here and invariably end up killing a Copper Head (Viper) almost every time I mow, the snakes are safe out in the bush where they belong but in the yard they get graduated to varmints.
The strike speed of a Burmese Python is scarey, even the largest ones. And the teeth in those suckers mouths are unbelievable. From what I've seen, if they get you in their jaws, you're not getting out.