• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So anyone willing to predict how this all ends...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The Reality America Show, where nothing is real, or is it. A hoax turned pandemic, americans lied to once again by their own power structure.
Gee, you're right. How stupid of me. The government has NEVER been caught lying to us...

Yes, because exactly what we need is a return to FDR style welfare state and government control of the economy so we can have Great Depression 2.0
Will you be in the pews on Easter?

It seems only fitting an economic system that functions like a cancer cell is undone by a virus.

MAGA yet?

If this economic shut down lasts until June, there will be no (easy) "coming back." Many, perhaps most, of our small businesses will likely not reopen.
Not if the best congress money can buy prioritizes small businesses over parasitic speculators:

"The chart that tells you how all of today’s economic troubles are going to end is not the bar graph of new deaths from coronavirus in Italy versus deaths in the U.S.

"It’s the chart that shows the number of potential deaths among the banks and insurance companies that have gorged themselves on risky derivatives and serve as counterparties to each other in a daisy chain of financial contagion...."

"As Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin repeats ad nauseum that this is a health crisis not a financial crisis, just remember when the financial crisis actually started: September 17, 2019 – five months before the first death from coronavirus in the U.S.

"(See our more than five dozen articles on this latest financial crisis here.)"

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/03/this-is-the-fear-chart-that-the-smart-money-on-wall-street-is-watching/

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I think it will be very difficult for the governments to back off of their authoritarian efforts to contain the Wuhan Virus. Who will be the first to suggest easing up and having a resurgence of the disease blow up in their face? This is precisely the kind of government ineptitude, like FDR's disastrous agenda that prolonged the Great Depression because he couldn't (or wouldn't) admit that his errors were causing the recovery to be delayed, that turns a bad situation into an epic mess? What do you all think - does government "got this" and all will work out well in a few weeks? Or will this drag on month after month after month, doing irreparable damage to the economy (and our social construct), and result in another Great Depression level economic downturn?
Trump, and America, will win. The Democrats will lose.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Not if the best congress money can buy prioritizes small businesses over parasitic speculators:

"The chart that tells you how all of today’s economic troubles are going to end is not the bar graph of new deaths from coronavirus in Italy versus deaths in the U.S.

"It’s the chart that shows the number of potential deaths among the banks and insurance companies that have gorged themselves on risky derivatives and serve as counterparties to each other in a daisy chain of financial contagion...."

"As Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin repeats ad nauseum that this is a health crisis not a financial crisis, just remember when the financial crisis actually started: September 17, 2019 – five months before the first death from coronavirus in the U.S.

"(See our more than five dozen articles on this latest financial crisis here.)"

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/03/this-is-the-fear-chart-that-the-smart-money-on-wall-street-is-watching/
One quibble - this financial crisis actually began in August 1971, which ushered in the Eurodollar, but its seeds were sown even before that - on April 5, 1933.

reason10

Governor
The entire population will be infected in less than 2 months and millions will die. It's going to burn very hot and very fast.
You wish.

Since this thread is asking for predictions, I'll give something a little more realistic.

The economy slowly comes back to life beginning at Easter. Businesses are able to open to the public, slowly.

There are rumors in the Orlando area that Disney parks will remain closed even after the ban is lifted if governor DeSantis calls for a quarantine of anyone coming in from New York and New Jersey. (Gee, that's kind of like how Trump saved this country from going the route of Italy--stopping flights from infected China)

Not sure whether or not I should believe those rumors. Bottom line, infected people from the New York/New Jersey areas believing they can escape the mass misery by coming to Florida are going to have to go through a 14 day quarantine so they don't infect anyone here. We've already gone through our crisis without inviting any more.

Prediction: Human trials of the life saving drug Chloroquine will begin. (Of course, there'll be some edited idiots taking the stuff, getting sick and LYING about Trump calling it a cure, but the world is full of idiots. That's the only way Democrats get elected: Idiots voting for them.)

By early summer, the fake news media will be looking for some way to give credit to Obama for the record surge in economic activity all across the fruited plain. Trump's approval numbers will surge above 50 percent and there will be talk in the House of impeachment, mostly because he hurt some idiot liberal's feelings.

Kung Flu (whether a cure is found or not) will be OUT of the front pages because it will have been contained and CNN can no longer use it against Trump as a campaign tool.

Edited Trump is going to be reelected, unless some ANTIFA goon shoots him.

Other predictions: A Draft Cuomo movement in the Democrat Party, as he will be seen as one of the few sane statesmen in that otherwise fcked up party. There will be rumors of a brokered convention. Around October, President Trump will be holding rallies in Pelosi's district, pulling record crowds and attracting brownshirt goons from ANTIFA, which Fox cameras will plaster all over the news for everyone to see.

The Dow will return to TRUMP ECONOMY levels (which of course OBAMA had absolutely NOTHING to do with) and some people investing at the bottom of the pile will see their 401 Ks soar.

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:

reason10

Governor
I think it will be very difficult for the governments to back off of their authoritarian efforts to contain the Wuhan Virus. Who will be the first to suggest easing up and having a resurgence of the disease blow up in their face? This is precisely the kind of government ineptitude, like FDR's disastrous agenda that prolonged the Great Depression because he couldn't (or wouldn't) admit that his errors were causing the recovery to be delayed, that turns a bad situation into an epic mess? What do you all think - does government "got this" and all will work out well in a few weeks? Or will this drag on month after month after month, doing irreparable damage to the economy (and our social construct), and result in another Great Depression level economic downturn?
First thing, the number of deaths for this mild flu will not equal the number of deaths during the H1N1 virus that Obama ignored for six months and the fake news media gave him a pass on.

Unless there is a major disaster, there will be an easing of restrictions beginning Easter and the Trump economy will slowly build back up to the Pre Democrat Scare levels. By summer, it'll be off the news and CNN will go back to trying to give Obama credit for the economy while pushing for Trump's impeachment.

You wish.

Since this thread is asking for predictions, I'll give something a little more realistic.

The economy slowly comes back to life beginning at Easter. Businesses are able to open to the public, slowly.

There are rumors in the Orlando area that Disney parks will remain closed even after the ban is lifted if governor DeSantis calls for a quarantine of anyone coming in from New York and New Jersey. (Gee, that's kind of like how Trump saved this country from going the route of Italy--stopping flights from infected China)

Not sure whether or not I should believe those rumors. Bottom line, infected people from the New York/New Jersey areas believing they can escape the mass misery by coming to Florida are going to have to go through a 14 day quarantine so they don't infect anyone here. We've already gone through our crisis without inviting any more.
Think about it, Is Trump going to open the borders? no, well then airlines are still f*cked. Are other countries going to open their borders? no, then the airlines are still double-f*cked.
Schools are still going to be closed, nobody in their right mind is going to book a trip or stay at a hotel unless their is a medical consensus saying its safe. Governors are still going to keep their states shut down. Unions aren't gonna return to work till it's safe. Really no one is going back to work till it's safe.
Trump can't just magically restart the economy. The economy will restart when the virus is contained. Trump saying the economy is open for business will do nothing but reveal how impotent he is at the moment.

reason10

Governor
Think about it, Is Trump going to open the borders? no, well then airlines are still f*cked. Are other countries going to open their borders? no, then the airlines are still double-f*cked.

Closing those borders is the ONLY reason this mild flu hasn't reached Obama h1n1 levels. Agreed, airlines wanting international tourist travel are going to be hurting for passengers. Such is life.

Schools are still going to be closed, nobody in their right mind is going to book a trip or stay at a hotel unless their is a medical consensus saying its safe.

States with massive outbreaks (blue states like New York/ New Jersey) probably will keep their schools closed. It's just as well. Obviously those schools are graduating dumbasses, hence them being blue states. Here in Florida, (which has the best schools in the country) schools may open around April 15. Or it might be pushed back to May. But certainly you snowflakes won't get your wish of everything being closed down until November.

Governors are still going to keep their states shut down. Unions aren't gonna return to work till it's safe. Really no one is going back to work till it's safe.

Governor DeSantis is not going to ass fck Florida's economy. He HAS taken a Trump-like approach and ordered flights from New York and New Jersey to have to go through testing and quarantine before they can mix with our population. And it's possible he'll take Trump's advice and ease restrictions on Easter. While blue states wallow in disease and lousy economies, Florida will once again lead the country in economic growth. We were't stupid enough to elect Democrats to run the state.

Trump can't just magically restart the economy.

He restarted the disastrous Obama economy. Even Obama said it would be impossible to bring those jobs back but Trump did. This will be a piece of cake because the economy right now is a Porsche that is just waiting to be started.

The economy will restart when the virus is contained.

There was no containment of the h1n1 virus and CNN ignored the bodies stacking up. This mild flu is running its course. As soon as the fake news media stops fomenting panic, things will get back to normal. It will take a REAL president like Trump to restart what CNN and the Democrat Party tried to destroy.

Trump saying the economy is open for business will do nothing but reveal how impotent he is at the moment.

Just like he'd need a magic wand to bring back all those jobs the last four presidents sent overseas, huh? Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
States with massive outbreaks (blue states like New York/ New Jersey) probably will keep their schools closed. It's just as well. Obviously those schools are graduating dumbasses, hence them being blue states. Here in Florida, (which has the best schools in the country) schools may open around April 15. Or it might be pushed back to May. But certainly you snowflakes won't get your wish of everything being closed down until November.
I don't think schools are going to be opened up for the rest of the school year.

Governor DeSantis is not going to ass fck Florida's economy. He HAS taken a Trump-like approach and ordered flights from New York and New Jersey to have to go through testing and quarantine before they can mix with our population. And it's possible he'll take Trump's advice and ease restrictions on Easter. While blue states wallow in disease and lousy economies, Florida will once again lead the country in economic growth. We were't stupid enough to elect Democrats to run the state.
Florida's tourism economy is f*cked regardless.
De Santis: You come here, we are going to put you in quarantine for two weeks
Tourist: I think I will just stay at home then.

reason10

Governor
I don't think schools are going to be opened up for the rest of the school year.

So far in this county (one of two I work as a substitute teacher) schools are scheduled to open on April 15. The earlier closing was for an extra week after Spring Break, but the governor moved that date to April 15. I just checked the county's website and so far nothing has changed. I don't think this will be decided from Tallahassee. It'll be on a county basis. Obviously, the more heavily tourist counties like Orange, Broward, Dade, where they have a lot more outbreaks of the Kung Flu, they may wait until later. But FSA testing has definitely been suspended for the rest of the year, which means the moron Reading Class seniors I was in charge of definitely will not be graduating this year.

Florida's tourism economy is f*cked regardless.

If we still had that asss hole Rotten Chiles for Governor, you might have had a point. And yes, we got a big bite taken out of our ass in the middle of our prime tourist season. But Florida's tourist season doesn't necessarily depend on traffic from the blue Northeast. Here on the west coast, we get a lot of business from the east coast, especially at our beach resorts. Admittedly, they are slow in September, but that's the same every year. Orlando might have some major problems if Disney doesn't open its parks for the summer.

De Santis: You come here, we are going to put you in quarantine for two weeks
Tourist: I think I will just stay at home then.

That would be an issue if it were for EVERY state attempting to come here to vacation. Fortunately, it only applies to the two TYPHOID MARY states (New York and New Jersey). And normally they stop visiting Florida around May anyway. May is where we'll get more traffic from the Carolinas, Georgia, and some midwest states.

Admittedly, our timeshare tourist traffic will suffer from European flights being locked out. I see a lot more Brits, Irish, Germans and Swiss around the beaches early summer.

Still, Florida is the tourist capital of America. People want to come here. We have the most beautiful beaches in the world. And we have the Disney resorts, where people can spend a ton of money, spend a lot of quality time in the absolute WORST traffic on the planet (and you wonder why I moved away from that hell hole).

reason10

Governor
So to confirm, COVID-19 is a hoax, correct?
Nobody but lying liberals made that claim. Certainly Trump never called it a hoax.

The hype that brought this record greatest economy of all time to its knees DEFINITELY is the result of a HOAX from the Democrats and fake news. Fortunately, most of America isn't giving those LIARS the time of day.

reason10

Governor
I predict that no matter how well Trump handles this, the Dems will eventually try to claim it was all his fault and impeach him over his handling of the situation.
I don't think Democrats are that stupid, but I DEFINITELY could be wrong on that. Pelosi and her illegal impeachment did something amazing: Raised Trump's approval numbers. I don't think Democrats want to take a chance of him being reelected in an even BIGGER landslide than what's coming now.