• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So basically the new DOW high...

Bo-4

Senator
Ali Velshi is a Gloomer of the highest order. If the guy were any more Gloomy.. he'd be WorldlyMrB. ;-)

Bo-4

Senator
By over-inflating the stock markets with monopoly money?

I'm not too sure about that.
So let's have your prediction CB. I mean, there's no question that corporate profits are through the roof. But if you blame the Fed, when will the Wall Street house of cards next come crashing down below 1200?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Beats me. But I know it will.

When I was a kid, around 16-17, my brother and I went to a party. On the surface it looked like any other party we had attended in which a good time was had by all. But for some reason...this one just didn't 'feel' right. My gut told me something was amiss and to get my ass out of there. Which I did. A couple of hours later, a gunfight broke out and three people were killed.

My gut tells me this 'record high' is like that party. Something is wrong. Something is about to go down. And I want no part of it.

I always listen to my gut.

connorbug

Council Member
...is as artificial as plastic flowers.

http://money.cnn.com/video/investing/2013/03/05/investing-dow-record-high-stock-market.cnnmoney/index.html

I suppose the question is, how long can the Fed keep inflating it?
Right now the inflation associated with QE is reflected in inflated asset prices. People are happy about that, right? Well, eventually it will rear its head in overall inflation and when it does, the Fed will have to reverse course, sell the assets and/or raise interest rates and when they do, asset prices will tumble.

Bo-4

Senator
Beats me. But I know it will.

When I was a kid, around 16-17, my brother and I went to a party. On the surface it looked like any other party we had attended in which a good time was had by all. But for some reason...this one just didn't 'feel' right. My gut told me something was amiss and to get my ass out of there. Which I did. A couple of hours later, a gunfight broke out and three people were killed.

My gut tells me this 'record high' is like that party. Something is wrong. Something is about to go down. And I want no part of it.

I always listen to my gut.
Yikes, that's quite a story. One piece of advice.. sell your gold, it's far more likely to take a dump than the blue chips in next few years!

Bo-4

Senator
Right now the inflation associated with QE is reflected in inflated asset prices. People are happy about that, right? Well, eventually it will rear its head in overall inflation and when it does, the Fed will have to reverse course, sell the assets and/or raise interest rates and when they do, asset prices will tumble.
Pop quiz: What were interest rates under Bush during the previous record high in October of 2007?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
The gold was never bought as an investment. It's insurance, nothing more.

And I'll bet you dollars to Krugerrands that you're wrong.

But, hey...if you like to gamble with your future...be my guest.

gabriel

Governor
so your trusted gut cant tell you if the market is gonna rise or fall, it just tells you to absent yourself?? lol. you need rolaids!!