• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So...here's where we are America

gigi

Mayor
Facts like that don't faze haters.

But anyway it didn't take long did it before the judge dropped the contempt of court thing and ordered Davis released?

Like I suggested to you just this morning...

I'm pretty sure the liberal establishment doesn't want to see a headline next fall before the election, "Christian Woman Still Imprisoned".

Bottomline is she will be offered a deal she can't refuse and it will be kept secret.

Looks like DNC internal polling over the long weekend showed imprisoning a Christian woman - for whatever reason - wasn't working out for them. Particularly when as you say she took her oath of office before the marriage of sodomites became legal and constitutional.
I'm betting she either agreed to comply or she is agreeing to resign.

Sodomy happens in straight marriages, too.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I'm betting she either agreed to comply or she is agreeing to resign.

Sodomy happens in straight marriages, too.
From what I read, she keeps her job, but cannot stop her deputies issuing lawful licenses or interfere with them doing so.

gigi

Mayor
From what I read, she keeps her job, but cannot stop her deputies issuing lawful licenses or interfere with them doing so.
But a baker on his own property running his own business is forced to close down and pay exorbitant restitution to a couple because he wouldn't make their cake.
Activist judges on both sides.

Caroljo

Senator
I heard the Muslim woman that is a flight attendant was given the option of working it out with other attendants so they would serve drinks so she didn't have to. It was something the owners gave her an option to do, and it worked out for quite some time. Until they put her on a fight with her being the only attendant...and someone complained. So, why can't they find a different job in the government for the clerk to let her continue to work but won't force her to do something against her faith? Especially since the SC ruling happened AFTER she originally ran & was elected to office? I agree with Gigi...it wasn't an issue when she took the job....now it is. She shouldn't be punished for her beliefs.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
But a baker on his own property running his own business is forced to close down and pay exorbitant restitution to a couple because he wouldn't make their cake.
Activist judges on both sides.
I don't agree with what happened to the baker, but Davis is a public servant who swore an oath. Just because the baker got hosed doesn't mean what Davis is doing is okay.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I heard the Muslim woman that is a flight attendant was given the option of working it out with other attendants so they would serve drinks so she didn't have to. It was something the owners gave her an option to do, and it worked out for quite some time. Until they put her on a fight with her being the only attendant...and someone complained. So, why can't they find a different job in the government for the clerk to let her continue to work but won't force her to do something against her faith? Especially since the SC ruling happened AFTER she originally ran & was elected to office? I agree with Gigi...it wasn't an issue when she took the job....now it is. She shouldn't be punished for her beliefs.
1) That's up to the state of Kentucky.

2) I doubt there are many $80,000 jobs she can do. Did I mention this was Kentucky? ;)

3) Regardless if she took her oath before or after a SCOTUS ruling, she's sworn to comply. If she doesn't like it she can resign. It's not like the military where we have to comply until our contract is up.

Caroljo

Senator
1) That's up to the state of Kentucky.

2) I doubt there are many $80,000 jobs she can do. Did I mention this was Kentucky? ;)

3) Regardless if she took her oath before or after a SCOTUS ruling, she's sworn to comply. If she doesn't like it she can resign. It's not like the military where we have to comply until our contract is up.
Why should she have to resign? Why should someone be thrown out into the street because our government changed some rule that wasn't in place at the time you took your job? Other faiths get special treatment, like making sure Muslims have a room to pray, or the flight attendant had the choice not to serve drinks as long as she could make arrangements. Why shouldn't this woman have the option to go to another job in the government that wouldn't involve having to support gays? Why is it always Christians that are told to suck it up or quit?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Why should she have to resign? Why should someone be thrown out into the street because our government changed some rule that wasn't in place at the time you took your job? Other faiths get special treatment, like making sure Muslims have a room to pray, or the flight attendant had the choice not to serve drinks as long as she could make arrangements. Why shouldn't this woman have the option to go to another job in the government that wouldn't involve having to support gays? Why is it always Christians that are told to suck it up or quit?
Any public servant or sworn official who can't carry out their sworn duties is honor bound to either comply or resign. I don't care what religion they are.

You are mixing public officials and private companies. If it was up to me the baker would have been in the right, the flight attendant fired and Davis would still be in jail or her resignation letter would be on file.

Caroljo

Senator
Any public servant or sworn official who can't carry out their sworn duties is honor bound to either comply or resign.
I understand that. But as far as I know, we have never seen a case where the SC made a ruling (not a law) that can effect many people with faith. They knew what problems this would cause. My 'opinion' is she shouldn't be forced out on the street because of her faith. She didn't swear under oath to provide marriage licenses to gays, she didn't even know that would be an issue!

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
I understand that. But as far as I know, we have never seen a case where the SC made a ruling (not a law) that can effect many people with faith. They knew what problems this would cause. My 'opinion' is she shouldn't be forced out on the street because of her faith. She didn't swear under oath to provide marriage licenses to gays, she didn't even know that would be an issue!
She's not being forced out nor punished because of her faith. It's all about her oath.

What if her faith said she could only serve lesbians? Would you be okay with her remaining in office?

Let's not forget we went through this same rodeo with the same excuses when SCOTUS ruled against segregation in schools and laws against mixed marriages.

People are free to be racist asshats and/or homophobes, but if they swore an oath to the Constitution, they should be held accountable to that oath.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/388/1
Loving v. Virginia 1967
Virginia's statutory scheme to prevent marriages between persons solely on the basis of racial classifications held to violate the Equal Protection and Due Process Clauses of the Fourteenth Amendment

Caroljo

Senator
Well since she's been released from jail, I've heard she will keep her job. She also won't have to personally issue marriage licenses. The Deputy clerks will do that. See? It's simple....why did they have to throw her in jail before coming up with something like this?

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Well since she's been released from jail, I've heard she will keep her job. She also won't have to personally issue marriage licenses. The Deputy clerks will do that. See? It's simple....why did they have to throw her in jail before coming up with something like this?
Why didn't she do the honorable thing in the first place?

Obama took an oath, yet he selectively enforces border law. He uses the IRS as a political club, against the law. He changes the law by decree, see Obamacare. He issues Presidential orders that are unlawful, making law when that is congresses job. The list of Obama laws he has broken is very long, why isn't he in jail?
because none of that is true.