• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So is there anything in the military code of conduct about

Cicero

Mayor
They can always get you on conduct unbecoming or nail them on failure to treat enemy fallen in the approved manner. The UCMJ is flexible like that. They can pretty much get you on whatever they want. Two of them have already been identified. It's only a matter of time before they have them all.

Personally I feel they should be able to piss on em crap on em or whatever else if the soldiers killed them during battle. But they shouldn't have posted a video for the whole world to see

Cicero

Mayor
Lord knows it wasn't the bright thing to do. There are easier ways to end one's military career or get bounced out of the service.

fairsheet

Senator
Since this story, I've heard from a variety of U.S Marines in person and in the media who've suggested that it's an insult to the Marines, for anyone to suggest that these jackasses deserve even an ounce of sympathy.

Leave aside for a moment, the abject and craven idiocy behind actually filming and u-tubing the incident - which puts EVERY American soldier at additional and unecessary risk. EVERY Marine I've heard from, has suggested that a US Marine would not and does not - under any circumstances - do anything as pathetic and dishonorable as peeing on another man's corpse.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
The Marines code of conduct is quite clear on this matter....This is a disgrace to the Marines...A disgrace to America and will endanger lives and aids the Taliban.....They need to be punished and serve time

D

Doc

The Marines code of conduct is quite clear on this matter....This is a disgrace to the Marines...A disgrace to America and will endanger lives and aids the Taliban.....They need to be punished and serve time
I vehemenly disagree.

Discharge them, and let it go.

I mean, we let MURDERERS and RAPISTS go free, over simple technicalities, yet, you want to put young men, who RISK THEIR LIVES for American Freedoms, to serve time, for THIS???????

fairsheet

Senator
I vehemenly disagree.

Discharge them, and let it go.

I mean, we let MURDERERS and RAPISTS go free, over simple technicalities, yet, you want to put young men, who RISK THEIR LIVES for American Freedoms, to serve time, for THIS???????
The actual number of murderers and rapists set free "over simple technicalities" is so miniscule, that you'd need a microscope to find it. Anyway, virtually every single person who's actually IN the Afghanistan theater, knows damn well that some people WILL die as a direct result of these pathetic moron's actions. To them...this is one helluva lot more than just "THIS?????"

Lukey

Senator
So you lefties want to release the detainees in GITMO and jail the Marines. Sheesh!

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
That to me is the puzzling thing. This insane fetish with filming and documenting anything and everything that people do. I saw one story of kids who were driving around shooting people on the street, or on bicycles, with paint ball guns. They filmed it and posted it on youtube and got their dumb asses in trouble. How stupid can you get?

One of the funniest things I ever saw was a video of three Ragheads trying to burn an American flag. Somehow they got gasoline on themselves and set themselves on fire, along with the flag. That was a hoot but unfortunately they survived, I think.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
No, they don't need to serve time. Leave it to a Liberal to demand inordinate punishment for anyone in the military. I think they should be given bad conduct discharges.

Lukey

Senator
No, they don't need to serve time. Leave it to a Liberal to demand inordinate punishment for anyone in the military. I think they should be given bad conduct discharges.
I think they should be given PTSD counseling (and possibly retirement for disability). Jack, you may not want to hear it but the Bush/Cheney neocons put these guys into combat tour after tour after tour. Anyone who thinks they aren't (ultimately) to blame for this is just not looking at it logically.

P

PACE

There is human decency, we look like animals when this stuff occurs, and because of a few idiots.
Don't try to spin this, it was wrong, and it shouldn't be "wordsmithed"

Regards
Pace

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
I think they should be given PTSD counseling (and possibly retirement for disability). Jack, you may not want to hear it but the Bush/Cheney neocons put these guys into combat tour after tour after tour. Anyone who thinks they aren't (ultimately) to blame for this is just not looking at it logically.
I understand that the multiple tours are contributing factors, and the Bush Administration made egregious mistakes in not ensuring that we had enough troops to do the job before engaging in the war; and it was and is apparent that we did not have enough to do the mission. But these Marines lost their humanity and that is a personal responsibility. Ultimately, each individal makes the decision how he is going to act.

Saladin2

Senator
Supporting Member
Thankfully the US Military and particularly the Marines hold their soldiers to higher code of conduct than some of the arm-chair warriors spouting their partisan non-sense...This will be handled in a military court....Due punishment will and should be doled for their stupid and reckless actions.....Regardless what the Fox news crowd thinks