• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So now the government wants to ban....

Corruptbuddha

Governor
...trans fats.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/trans-fat-fda-food-taste-99557.html?hp=l19

Jesus H. Christ.

When will enough be enough for you big government, nanny-state [Unwelcome language removed]?

The government thinks this ban could help with heart attacks, strokes, and healthcare costs. Yet...alcohol and it's issues cause far more damage each year than trans fats ever could.

And what did we learn about banning alcohol?

Jesus...these people won't be happy until they control every facet of our lives from cradle to grave.

fairsheet

Senator
I've expressed my concern over the years, that one of the unintended consequences of legalizing marijuana is that its erstwhile vendors would seek new black markets.

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if that black market were in trans-fats. Although....that might lead to the porcine being looked on with suspicion.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
I've expressed my concern over the years, that one of the unintended consequences of legalizing marijuana is that its erstwhile vendors would seek new black markets.

I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if that black market were in trans-fats. Although....that might lead to the porcine being looked on with suspicion.
It's the damnedest thing. One would think that a government for/of/by the people would assume those people would know how to run their own lives.