• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So... Obama To Replace Slave-Owning Democrat With Gun-Toting Republican on $20 Bill....

• Thread starter Deleted member 21794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21794

I'm all for it! Heck, we should really consider rotating famous faces on currency every decade or two to acknowledge all of America's great historical figures. And remember liberals, Harriet Tubman believed in JESUS.

What's not to love about a woman who rose up against severely adverse circumstances, took a stand against Democrat slavery and took action to free people from Democrats? I suggest this picture for the $20 bill:

Here is another picture of her personal pistol:

The National Review summarizes Harriet Tubman this way:

"In short, Harriet Tubman was a black, Republican, gun-toting, veterans’ activist, with ninja-like spy skills and strong Christian beliefs. She probably wouldn’t have an ounce of patience for the obtuse posturing of some of the tenured radicals hanging around Ivy League faculty lounges. But does she deserve a place on our money? Hell yeah."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/434360/harriet-tubman-20-bill-change-honors-american-hero

Poor Barack Obama.... all he knew is he wanted someone black on the $20 bill. He unwittingly made a BRILLIANT choice. So liberals, you think about the paragraph in bold every time you use your government benefits card to get cash.

Arkady

President
What's not to love about a woman who rose up against severely adverse circumstances, took a stand against Democrat slavery and took action to free people from Democrats?
She worked to free people from the clutches of conservative, white, southern states-rights extremists. She worked with and was supported by lots of liberal northerners, like William Lloyd Garrison. Let's not make the mistake of pretending that Tubman would have been aligned with today's Republicans, based on party labels that used to apply to pretty much the opposite demographic and ideological groups.

In Tubman's time, the Republicans were the party of the North, the party that favored strong central government, the party of the cities, the party of blacks, the party of women's rights, etc. The Democrats were the party of the South, the party that wanted to weaken the central government, the party of agrarian America, the party of slave-owners, and the party that fought against women's suffrage. The labels have reversed since then, but you have the same basic cluster of southern/white/states-rights/small-government/rural conservatives and northern/multi-racial/human-rights/big-government/urban liberals. The latter group has an uncanny tendency to be on the right side of history.

She worked to free people from the clutches of conservative, white, southern states-rights extremists. She worked with and was supported by lots of liberal northerners, like William Lloyd Garrison. Let's not make the mistake of pretending that Tubman would have been aligned with today's Republicans, based on party labels that used to apply to pretty much the opposite demographic and ideological groups.

In Tubman's time, the Republicans were the party of the North, the party that favored strong central government, the party of the cities, the party of blacks, the party of women's rights, etc. The Democrats were the party of the South, the party that wanted to weaken the central government, the party of agrarian America, the party of slave-owners, and the party that fought against women's suffrage. The labels have reversed since then, but you have the same basic cluster of southern/white/states-rights/small-government/rural conservatives and northern/multi-racial/human-rights/big-government/urban liberals. The latter group has an uncanny tendency to be on the right side of history.
You were wise to completely dodge her use of firearms to preserve freedom. It ruins your whole DNC-funded messaging effort.

Spamature

President
I'm all for it! Heck, we should really consider rotating famous faces on currency every decade or two to acknowledge all of America's great historical figures. And remember liberals, Harriet Tubman believed in JESUS.

What's not to love about a woman who rose up against severely adverse circumstances, took a stand against Democrat slavery and took action to free people from Democrats? I suggest this picture for the $20 bill:

"In short, Harriet Tubman was a black, Republican, gun-toting, veterans’ activist, with ninja-like spy skills and strong Christian beliefs. She probably wouldn’t have an ounce of patience for the obtuse posturing of some of the tenured radicals hanging around Ivy League faculty lounges. But does she deserve a place on our money? Hell yeah."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/434360/harriet-tubman-20-bill-change-honors-american-hero

Poor Barack Obama.... all he knew is he wanted someone black on the $20 bill. He unwittingly made a BRILLIANT choice. So liberals, you think about the paragraph in bold every time you use your government benefits card to get cash.
Here is a better title for you.

Obama puts original Black Lives Matter activist on $20 bill.

Arkady

President
You were wise to completely dodge her use of firearms to preserve freedom. It ruins your whole DNC-funded messaging effort.
I addressed the firearms comment in another reply. As for her use of firearms, it wasn't about trying to preserve freedom, but rather about trying to create it -- in the face of gun-toting white southern states-rights conservatives, who used their weapons to keep a large portion of Americans in bondage. Without private ownership of firearms, how long do you think plantation owners could have kept hundreds of slaves from rising up against them to demand freedom?

wait a minute. her personal firearm was a single shot flintlock pistol?

colt pistols were patented and entered circulation in the 1830's

MaryAnne

Governor
Ohio was the home of the Underground Railroad. I had no idea how massive it was until I visited that tiny house on the Ohio River and saw the cellar where they stayed after crossing the Ohio River.

Are you honestly comparing the guns used during the Civil War to the weapons of today?
What makes you think I was doing that? Though I do note that the lever action repeating rifle Tubman is carrying in the above photo was a state of the art small arm for the time, akin to an AR-15 today.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

your bigotry is rearing its ugly head.

write on

Senator

I'm confused. :D

The confederacy of yesteryear(today's republicans) had no problem placing pics of slaves on their currency.

MaryAnne

Governor
That's not a flintlock, it's a percussion pistol, and the rifle she's shown holding is a lever-action repeater, which was state of the art for the time.
Yet you still tried to compare what was a weapon during the 1800's to what is flooding our markets today.

Those people were in a war,a real one. Today guns have created their own war zones.

D

Deleted member 21794

I'm confused. :D

The confederacy of yesteryear(today's republicans) had no problem placing pics of slaves on their currency.

Take that up with the Democrats who did that 150+ year ago. I couldn't care less about that currency nor your usual confusion.

D

Deleted member 21794

Yet you still tried to compare what was a weapon during the 1800's to what is flooding our markets today.

Those people were in a war,a real one. Today guns have created their own war zones.
HUGE LIE

A gun is an inanimate object. It cannot create anything on its own.

D

Deleted member 21794

your bigotry is rearing its ugly head.
Your weakness has long been rearing its ugly head. Your use of these silly canned remarks that have no basis in reality nor application to the argument at hand are a clear indication of that. I will always be far ahead of you not so much because I'm brilliant, but because your logic is so pathetic, weak, silly and driven by the talking points of others rather than using your own thoughts and logic. That said, you're probably better off simply parroting what others say.