• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So our country was founded by less than perfect people!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Our Founders were enlightened men. They based our Constitution on the tenet that

ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL.

We strive to meet that ideal.
1. All Men? You mean except for non-white men....
2. All men, but not all women.
3. But slavery was OK by them.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
1. All Men? You mean except for non-white men....
2. All men, but not all women.
3. But slavery was OK by them.
The Founders promoted the IDEAL, a beginning principle.....as the direction we should take. That was enlightened. They even set it up that we could amend the Constitution knowing times would change. Maybe some knew eventually blacks and women and others would demand that equality for themselves. Maybe most didn't, but still they laid the groundwork.
The Founders' forward thinking, I gotta tell you, is so impressive, it gives me goose bumps. Happy 4th of July.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
We are talking about statues vs a president who is the most divisive and inept in my lifetime.

Honor him? For what?
Like Columbus statue torn down and threw in the bay in Baltimore last night, or Grant statue destroyed las week?

LBJ and Peanut Carter were POTUS in your lifetime

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Like Columbus statue torn down and threw in the bay in Baltimore last night, or Grant statue destroyed las week?

LBJ and Peanut Carter were POTUS in your lifetime
And both had qualities that can't be found in Dufus Donald....both were better than him.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
And both had qualities that can't be found in Dufus Donald....both were better than him.
LBJ got 58,479 Americans killed (twice that since) with Gulf of Tonkin LIE
and he loved using the N word

Carter was OK if you liked 23% interest rates

then you converted to their party!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
LBJ got 58,479 Americans killed (twice that since) with Gulf of Tonkin LIE
and he loved using the N word

Carter was OK if you liked 23% interest rates

then you converted to their party!
Really? Carter put interest rates up to 23%? You know the president has no control over interest rates.

Looks to me like that was when Reagan was president..Looks like about when unemployment hit 10.8%.

1593990298964.png

The first Americans killed in Vietnam were when Eisenhower was president. Lyndon Johnson left office in January 1969. The last of our troops to die in the war in Vietname were in 1973. Nixon was president then. 23,000 of our troops died while Nixon was in charge...