• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So our country was founded by less than perfect people!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No, the right-wing mob is too ignorant to understand what tearing down the statues mean.
So please explain why they'd tear down a statue of a well known abolitionist? Why Grant?

In any case, their vandalism causes them to lose support. Those statues are not theirs to destroy.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Dude, after that - you're blocked.
That is one way to address being caught lying about other posters. Do you think putting me on ignore hurts my feelings? Nah. I'll still poke holes in your posts, only you won't know why people are laughing at you.

EatTheRich

President
Americans have done that time and again. More so when there were more Christians. It is the people who do those things. It isn't the government that does and that is your problem. Your expectation that the government should.
If the government isn’t instituted to help secure our God-given rights, what is it good for?

My Bible not no stinkin' communist's ;0)
We’re expropriating it.

EatTheRich

President
Sound reasoning but you are giving the people doing this too much credit. They don't care what the Statues represent because they have no idea who these people are.

For the left, it is a means to end, erase the past, and control the future. When they are done with this, as movements through history have done, they will start coming for people.

They won't give a shit that you voted for Biden.
You’re ignoring that the statues are being toppled by individuals acting alone, from a variety of motives, and not by an organized leftist movement.

Got a link to some organization calling for Grant's statue to be pulled down?
Right, it's all just coincidence, the red paint, the vandalism, Grant, Jackson, Jefferson, Baldwin, and Washington...1619, ACAB, 1312 .....not coordinated at all. :rolleyes:

Lenin in Seattle is still up, you can rest easy.

Foot soldiers of the Left and DNC... you must be so proud.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Right, it's all just coincidence, the red paint, the vandalism, Grant, Jackson, Jefferson, Baldwin, and Washington...1619, ACAB, 1312 .....not coordinated at all. :rolleyes:

so the answer is that you do not.

Isn't Lenin's statue on private property?

EatTheRich

President

Not coincidence. Red paint shows up well and is one of many colors used. All the people you mention except Baldwin were slaveowners, and more importantly the internally colonized are striking back at the symbols of the colonial power ... sometimes with poor strategic aims and leading to alienating people. But creating a debate about the country’s past and its heroes.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Now there is a shocking bit of news...but those people, mostly men, did risk all to found the country. If they'd lost the war they certainly would have "hanged together". Some people may think the world would be better off if there had been no revolutionary war. No independent USA. I think the good about this country is far better than the bad.

So some of those founders owned slaves...does that mean we should not honor their contribution to building a nation? I say no. Racism was pretty common for hundreds of years. Should we judge Lincoln by today's standards? Seems kind of dumb to me...who knows what values may be accepted in a hundred years that many of us would be condemned by long after we are gone? Did Lincoln think highly of blacks? Doesn't seem so. Did his official acts benefit blacks in America?
In fact, isn't it true that his official policies benefited African Americans for all time, changing the course of our country forever? Didn't he actually lose his life because of that?

To fail to balance their contributions with what anyone sees as their failures is simply short sighted. If we want to go down that road then wouldn't we also have to take down Martin Luther King statues? He wasn't perfect either.
Well said.

No one from the past should be judged on the ever changing standards of today.

I read articles every day, "there are calls to take down such and such statue". Are there really "calls" or just like one college student somewhere?

We have to be careful with social media. One voice is made to seem like the majority when it could actually be just one voice.

Just ignore the "calls" and it will probably go away. If it is legitimate then it will have staying power and the statue can be voted to be removed. Those who erase history are doomed to repeat it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It's funny when you pretend to have a point. Like when you pretended that the FISA warrants were ok because none of those judges spoke out about it... hysterical.
The point being putting a statue of someone on your property isn't the same as those on public land. Was that too hard for you?

The point being putting a statue of someone on your property isn't the same as those on public land. Was that too hard for you?
You didn't have a point, you just had a snarky come back as if you think it actually matters where the statues are to the mob.

The answer is obviously NO, your mob would not care where the statue was if they wanted to destroy it.

Thus Lenin, a man who starved millions upon millions of people to death (at one point literally causing authorities in Ukraine to put up signs imploring people "don't eat your babies") not to mention his political killings, statue still stands.

Why is that?:rolleyes:

Oh and if you can get me a statement by BLM or Antifa condemning the destruction of these statues? Surely there must be a statement from them calling for debate and vote on the removal... I can't seem to find it..... huh go figure...