• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So the mask discussion

Wahbooz

Governor
seems to have gone full circle. Even the CDC could be recommending the use of masks even for people who are not sick. I couldn't believe the negative responses by the medical profession on the use of face masks, but I do understand the shortage in this country. That's the countries fault, but perhaps after this pandemic runs it's course that may change.

I've spent a number of years in Asia, and masks are no surprise to me. In Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, it's no surprise to see people wearing them, what surprises me is the younger generation discarding the use of them. They're too infatuated with Western living. No, they're not 100% protection, but they're one hell of a lot better than no protection. Just look at the statistics of many Asian countries.

Wahbooz

Governor
So tired of going into a grocery store, and see someone just open their mouths and fill the air with their spittle every time they cough. It's bad enough on the street, but in a grocery store?

I was in a doctors office one time and watched a woman walk up to the sign in window, with a sign on the counter "Please cover your mouth when you cough." She just stood there, open mouth, coughing in the air. Put a sock in it!!!

A bus driver recently died in Detroit shortly after a woman entered the bus and began coughing all over him. He died of the virus.

Medical staff, and first responders are dying, and people don't seem to give a shit. If they did they'd change their ways. Wear a mask, to protect you not them.

People are so disgusting.

Wahbooz

Governor
Some people continue to equate the virus to the flu, so lets compare. The U.S. right now has 710,021 cases and 37,158 deaths, or 1 death for every 19 positive test, or 5%. The worst flu season in recent years was 2017-2018, the cases were 45,000,000 with an estimated death of 61,000. The Flu, on the other hand was 1 death for every 738 cases, or 0.1%. People there's no comparison.

This is Prof. Woo-joo Kim from South Korea.

Wahbooz

Governor
I wonder. How did China mitigate the virus in Wuhan? Did they take a very proactive action in enforcing the law when the virus broke out? I've seen claims of China lying about the number of cases and deaths. I don't know, and no one knows for sure, but I have read that some officials tried to hide some facts, but I've also read those officials have been punished. But forget all that, what did China do? These videos give you an idea. We take advantage of our 'rights' in this country, and we put others in danger. Maybe China had the right idea. It's pretty obvious to them, you ignore the order, you pay. Wuhan police arresting and putting people in quarantine, Police welding apartment doors shut. They're not hiding the fact they did this. You may find that disturbing, but they refused to quarantine when infected by the virus, putting others in danger.