• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So the nation was wowed by Melania Trump

Days

Commentator
Of course Dems are screaming bloody murder, which means they were blown away by her beauty, style, grace, command of the language and culture, and incredible intellect.

Of course the media outlets are all screaming idiotic arguments of plagiarism ... over what? 30 seconds of a 14 minute speech? I could sum up every speech ever made at a convention for the candidate by his wife... "My husband will make a great president"

Obviously, all the speeches were similar, but Dems are pissed Melania handled it so well in her 2nd or 3rd language (she speaks five languages) in her adopted country.

Bachelors in architectural design... kind of makes sense that she married a Real Estate mogul. I like the way they are so comfortable with each other, no put-on affection, no overly concerned you believe I didn't marry for money behavior.

So while the whole nation knows that Hilliary is a pathological liar, but they excuse her because she's a lawyer/politician. Does anyone think Melania is anything remotely like Hilliary? I think every attempt to throw mud at her will only end up impressing the nation with what a great first lady she would make. We haven't had it this good since Nancy Reagan and Jacqueline Kennedy.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Of course Dems are screaming bloody murder, which means they were blown away by her beauty, style, grace, command of the language and culture, and incredible intellect.

Of course the media outlets are all screaming idiotic arguments of plagiarism ... over what? 30 seconds of a 14 minute speech? I could sum up every speech ever made at a convention for the candidate by his wife... "My husband will make a great president"

Obviously, all the speeches were similar, but Dems are pissed Melania handled it so well in her 2nd or 3rd language (she speaks five languages) in her adopted country.

Bachelors in architectural design... kind of makes sense that she married a Real Estate mogul. I like the way they are so comfortable with each other, no put-on affection, no overly concerned you believe I didn't marry for money behavior.

So while the whole nation knows that Hilliary is a pathological liar, but they excuse her because she's a lawyer/politician. Does anyone think Melania is anything remotely like Hilliary? I think every attempt to throw mud at her will only end up impressing the nation with what a great first lady she would make. We haven't had it this good since Nancy Reagan and Jacqueline Kennedy.
I'll tell you this. We are a nation so utterly consumed with hatred and 100% conscience-free partisanship that we will never unite again. Couple this enthusiastic willingness to utterly destroy anyone who disagrees with our politics over even the slightest issue (real or imagined) with the now functional incapacity to even maintain order at a basic existential level...well...you see where we are.

This country is done. And it's citizens had better prepare themselves for a very real free-for-all. No respect for each other, no respect for institutions, and a quickly failing social order. Done, done, done.

S

Sickofleft

It does not have anything to do with Melania herself it has to do with running a competent campaign. If you can run a competent campaign and convention it bodes well for people believing you can run the country.

It is absolutely [Unwelcome language removed] ridiculous that she was allowed to walk out there with speech. The candidates wife has been humiliated and giant NO NO in Presidential politics.

It does not give an impression of competence.

Days

Commentator
It does not have anything to do with Melania herself it has to do with running a competent campaign. If you can run a competent campaign and convention it bodes well for people believing you can run the country.

It is absolutely [Unwelcome language removed] ridiculous that she was allowed to walk out there with speech. The candidates wife has been humiliated and giant NO NO in Presidential politics.

It does not give an impression of competence.
You didn't like the idea of leading off the convention that way?

I thought it was striking.

D

Deleted member 21794

All I know is I wouldn't have watched the speech if I didn't hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from liberals.

I watched it didn't walk away thinking about plagiarism, but thought what a nice lady she was and what a nice speech she gave.

And unlike Michelle Obama, Melania Trump actually loves the United States.

I think the liberals heard her accent and their xenophobia kicked their hysteria into high gear.

Days

Commentator
All I know is I wouldn't have watched the speech if I didn't hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from liberals.

I watched it didn't walk away thinking about plagiarism, but thought what a nice lady she was and what a nice speech she gave.

And unlike Michelle Obama, Melania Trump actually loves the United States.

I think the liberals heard her accent and their xenophobia kicked their hysteria into high gear.
what you are witnessing by the media and the other party can be summed up in one word:

jealousy

S

Sickofleft

You didn't like the idea of leading off the convention that way?

I thought it was striking.
The only thing people are struck by today is how in the world something like that could possibly be allowed to happen?

D

Deleted member 21794

The only thing people are struck by today is how in the world something like that could possibly be allowed to happen?
I don't know dude... after reading all the whining, I watched the speech. I wasn't thinking about plagiarism at all afterwards. It was a lovely speech by a lovely woman.

S

Sickofleft

I'm missing your point. What was allowed to happen?
The campaign allowed the candidates wife to walk out on stage with a speech that had several lines lifted from somebody else. Not even from a Republican no less but the current First Lady.

I am sorry but it's absolutely ridiculous. She was great, someone should have bothered to write a speech for her without lifting a section from someone else.

Opportunity spectacularly squandered on Day 1.

S

Sickofleft

I don't know dude... after reading all the whining, I watched the speech. I wasn't thinking about plagiarism at all afterwards. It was a lovely speech by a lovely woman.
She was great but nobody is going to care because nobody in the campaign could write her a speech without lifting a section from someone else.

Arkady

President
Nonsense. The Dems are simply pointing out that material from the speech was plagiarized, which, obviously, it was. The Trump campaign, hilariously, made the mistake of pretending it wasn't, rather than simply apologizing and blaming the speechwriter, which would have made the story vanish in half a newscycle. If the Trump campaign is going to make amateurish unforced errors like that, it would be foolish to expect the Dems to resist capitalizing on them.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The campaign allowed the candidates wife to walk out on stage with a speech that had several lines lifted from somebody else. Not even from a Republican no less but the current First Lady.

I am sorry but it's absolutely ridiculous. She was great, someone should have bothered to write a speech for her without lifting a section from someone else.

Opportunity spectacularly squandered on Day 1.
Like it has never happened before:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Wrong, and you make yourself look dumb or dishonest by claiming otherwise. It was clear-cut plagiarism.
Working really hard on a non-issue that you yourself initially sloughed off as very insignificant. You are now invested to the point of dozens and dozens of posts in numerous strands.

Nothin' sez lovin' like DNC-internet-lackey-moonlighting.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Nonsense. The Dems are simply pointing out that material from the speech was plagiarized, which, obviously, it was. The Trump campaign, hilariously, made the mistake of pretending it wasn't, rather than simply apologizing and blaming the speechwriter, which would have made the story vanish in half a newscycle. If the Trump campaign is going to make amateurish unforced errors like that, it would be foolish to expect the Dems to resist capitalizing on them.

we know, it's different

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Working really hard on a non-issue that you yourself initially sloughed off as very insignificant. You are now invested to the point of dozens and dozens of posts in numerous strands.

Nothin' sez lovin' like DNC-internet-lackey-moonlighting.
Bernie support from get go............well

Days

Commentator
Wrong, and you make yourself look dumb or dishonest by claiming otherwise. It was clear-cut plagiarism.
I must say, you are stooping a couple of levels beneath yourself here, Arkady. I won't bother to argue something this obvious, I know how you put your politics ahead of your scruples.

remember SCOTT_TOO from moneybox? He's retired now, he was a professional economist, still lives in Michigan. My wife stayed in touch with him via e-mail of her morning ministry of drawings. I touched base with him, recently, and he wrote me back, he mentioned you, well, here's the first paragraph....

Days,

It’s been way too long, since we communicated. I really did intend to do much better. It looks like much has changed for you. As I recall the last time we saw you was 2005 at a small gathering of Fray people in Chicago. I do miss the Fray, nothing I find comes even close. I see Run and Eric are doing some nice writing in Eric’s forum but I have no inclination to do so much research. Political Jack is rotten although Arkady must be happy to finally have such a large audience. It looks like Mark (LeRoy) is even becoming tired of it all. It’s a rotten shame.