• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So we have...ahem...ULTRA TRUTHFUL JAMES COMEY....( snicker ) Telling us

Jen

Senator
Comey to testify soon...and bring that piece of shit trump down
Comey's story changes with whatever the democrats tell him to say. That's obvious to everyone but the most stupid among us. I'm not worried. In fact, I look forward to it.

D

Deleted member 21794

You really don't have to pretend to be that dumb to keep your GOP beanie.

As you know, the clearest case of Trump's obstruction of justice is his attempts to convince Comey to not investigate or prosecute Flynn and Trump himself. Stay tuned for additional counts.

;-)
Slowly but surely.... now specifically, what did Trump say in "his attempts to convince Comey to not investigate or prosecute Flynn and Trump himself".

And for bonus points, would you like to bet money that your evidence will not result in an impeachment?

That he wrote memos.....BWAHHHH......BWHAHAHAHAHAH....ahahahahahaha...heh heh heh ......ahahahahaha.

I love it.

James Comey....who was the enemy of the left up till Trump fired him is suddenly Saint James Comey.

My God lefty you are a whore.

JO
How would you compare Comey's integrity with the national 'toon who fired him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Comey#Bush_years_.282002.E2.80.932005.29

"Bush years (2002–2005)

"U.S. Attorney

"He was the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, from January 2002 to the time of his confirmation as Deputy Attorney General on December 11, 2003.[24]

"Among his first tasks was to take over the investigation into President Bill Clinton's controversial pardon of Marc Rich.[26]

"In November 2002, he led the prosecution of three men involved in one of the largest identity fraud cases in American history. The fraud had lasted two years and resulted in thousands of people across the country collectively losing well over $3 million.[28]

"He also led the indictment of Adelphia Communications founder John Rigas for bank fraud, wire fraud, and securities fraud. Rigas was convicted of the charges in 2004 and in 2005, was sentenced to 15 years in federal prison. Adelphia Corporation was forced to file for bankruptcy, after it acknowledged it took $3.3 billion in false loans.

"It was 'one of the most elaborate and extensive corporate frauds in United States history'.[29]

"In February 2003, Comey led the prosecution of Martha Stewart, who was indicted on the charges of securities fraud, obstruction of justice, and lying to an FBI agent. She sold 3,928 shares of ImClone Systems, making $227,824. The next day, the Food and Drug Administration refused to accept the company's application for Erbitux.[30]

"In March 2003, he led the indictment of ImClone CEO Samuel Waksal, who pleaded guilty to avoiding paying $1.2 million in sales taxes on $15 million worth of contemporary paintings.

"The works were by Mark Rothko, Richard Serra, Roy Lichtenstein, and Willem de Kooning.[31]

"In April 2003, he led the indictment of Frank Quattrone, who allegedly urged subordinates in 2000 to destroy evidence sought by investigators looking into his investment banking practices at Credit Suisse First Boston.[32]

"In November 2003, he led the prosecutions in 'Operation Wooden Nickel', which resulted in complaints and indictments against 47 people involved in foreign exchange trading scams."

S

Sickofleft

So while he did not report the conversation to the DOJ, he did report it to others in his chain of command. I'm not sure of the exact procedure, are you?
I do not know the exact procedure but since the FBI does not prosecute people they only investigate I would assume if someone were trying to bribe an agent etc. (no evidence that Trump did that) It would need be turned over to the DOJ.

Chain of command is good point, at the FBI chain of command ended with Comey. If he was that alarmed and really thought it was undo influence etc. he should have informed the DOJ since he cannot go any higher in the FBI.

Like I said yesterday it would not surprise me if Trump got himself impeached at some point (no matter who won the 2016 election I fully expected a constitutional crisis) but its not going to be over a memo or phantom Russian Collusion.

Days

Commentator
middleview said:
So while he did not report the conversation to the DOJ, he did report it to others in his chain of command. I'm not sure of the exact procedure, are you?
I do not know the exact procedure but since the FBI does not prosecute people they only investigate I would assume if someone were trying to bribe an agent etc. (no evidence that Trump did that) It would need be turned over to the DOJ.

Chain of command is good point, at the FBI chain of command ended with Comey. If he was that alarmed and really thought it was undo influence etc. he should have informed the DOJ since he cannot go any higher in the FBI.

Like I said yesterday it would not surprise me if Trump got himself impeached at some point (no matter who won the 2016 election I fully expected a constitutional crisis) but its not going to be over a memo or phantom Russian Collusion.
Comey's position answers to the Deputy AG; the law required Comey to report such a violation to his superior; which was the Deputy AG in the DOJ. Hence, the point about Comey not having reported it to the DOJ is the same point as not having reported to his chain of command.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

As the head of the FBI I think Comey would be first looking to his subordinates for info on what the rules are....This would have been an unprecedented event. The next step probably was not all that obvious. It would be helpful to know exactly who he sent the memo to and what was init.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
middleview said:

Comey's position answers to the Deputy AG; the law required Comey to report such a violation to his superior; which was the Deputy AG in the DOJ. Hence, the point about Comey not having reported it to the DOJ is the same point as not having reported to his chain of command.
And in your position of authority on the matter....how much time would Comey have to report it? Until we see the memo we will not know if he was seeking advice on the steps necessary to report to the AG or not.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
And in your position of authority on the matter....how much time would Comey have to report it? Until we see the memo we will not know if he was seeking advice on the steps necessary to report to the AG or not.
sounds like libs excuse for Sow In Pant Suits not knowing what was Classified.......proves they were in jobs above their pay grade.

That he wrote memos.....BWAHHHH......BWHAHAHAHAHAH....ahahahahahaha...heh heh heh ......ahahahahaha.

I love it.

James Comey....who was the enemy of the left up till Trump fired him is suddenly Saint James Comey.

My God lefty you are a whore.

JO
No matter what dems think of Comey adults believe James Comey more than this guy

Under Oath.......oh hell yeah, bring it on
Memo of Slick meeting Lynch will be interesting to hear
We agree, it will be interesting and no matter what was said during that meeting Lynch, Hillary, Comey, Bill Clinton and Hitler all have more credibility than Benedict Donald k?

thx

Bugsy McGurk

President
Comey's story changes with whatever the democrats tell him to say. That's obvious to everyone but the most stupid among us. I'm not worried. In fact, I look forward to it.
A HELL of a way to talk about the guy who made Trump president.

;-)

Comey caused Sow In Pant Suits to LOSE ☻
yeap and for that he needed (past tense) to be fired by Obama ...

after opening an investigation on Benedict Donald and firing Comey in part because of said investigation Benedict Donald obstructed justice.

Hate America, support the conservative cult k?