• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

So you don't think illegal aliens vote?

reason10

Governor
Why is the left wing House trying to get illegals the right to vote? (which by the way is ILLEGAL)
House votes to support illegal immigrant voting in local elections
House Democrats voted Friday to defend localities that allow illegal immigrants to vote in their elections, turning back a GOP attempt to discourage the practice.
The vote marks a stunning reversal from just six months ago, when the chamber — then under GOP control — voted to decry illegal immigrant voting.
“We are prepared to open up the political process and let all of the people come in,” Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat and hero of the civil rights movement, told colleagues as he led opposition to the GOP measure.

The 228-197 vote came as part of a broader debate on Democrats’ major legislative priority this year, HR 1, the “For the People Act,” which includes historic expansions of voter registration and access, as well as a major rewrite of campaign finance laws.

The measure would have had no practical effect even if it had passed. Illegal immigrants — and indeed noncitizens as a whole — are not legally able to participate in federal elections.

It's obvious. Democrats cannot win elections with legal voters.
The DNC Is the party of criminals.

FakeName

Governor
Why is the left wing House trying to get illegals the right to vote? (which by the way is ILLEGAL)
House Democrats voted Friday to defend localities that allow illegal immigrants to vote in their elections, turning back a GOP attempt to discourage the practice.
The vote marks a stunning reversal from just six months ago, when the chamber — then under GOP control — voted to decry illegal immigrant voting.
“We are prepared to open up the political process and let all of the people come in,” Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat and hero of the civil rights movement, told colleagues as he led opposition to the GOP measure.

The 228-197 vote came as part of a broader debate on Democrats’ major legislative priority this year, HR 1, the “For the People Act,” which includes historic expansions of voter registration and access, as well as a major rewrite of campaign finance laws.

The measure would have had no practical effect even if it had passed. Illegal immigrants — and indeed noncitizens as a whole — are not legally able to participate in federal elections.

The issue is local elections like school boards, park service director etc.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

So you are against state rights and are in favor of the federal government making rules to control local school board elections?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
If you are a LEGAL immigrant, or hold a green card or long term VISA, that's fine.

ILLEGAL is the key word. Someone here ILLEGALLY should NOT be allowed a vote. Period.
You should feel free to make sure that your city, county and state follow your wishes. These are local elections, not federal and as such are not the business of the federal government.

reason10

Governor
So you are against state rights and are in favor of the federal government making rules to control local school board elections?
States rights? Does that mean Florida can ban all abortions? Take the right to vote away from women and blacks? Do states have such automony?

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No. The issue is these people are here illegally using up our resources.
Really? So none of them are working? None of them are paying taxes? They don't buy things (and therefore pay sales taxes)? They don't buy houses or pay rent?

What farging planet are you on?

Last edited:

reason10

Governor
Really? So none of them are working? None of them are paying taxes? They don't buy things (and therefore pay sales taxes)? They don't buy houses or pay rent?

What edited planet are you on?
They are in this country illegally. They are breaking our laws. They are straining our welfare services. They are engaging in identity theft. Let criminals vote?

Are you out of your edited mind?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
States rights? Does that mean Florida can ban all abortions? Take the right to vote away from women and blacks? Do states have such automony?

Edited
So you really do not have the ability to discern where a state might interfere with rights guaranteed by the constitution or the rulings of the supreme court?

States are acting to ban abortions. If you were paying attention you'd know that.
Taking away the right to vote would be a violation of the constitution.

People like you think liberals are idiots. Since my opinion of people like you couldn't get much worse, you can imagine how much your opinion matters to me.

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member

What edited planet are you on?
All of which means jack shit if they broke the law to get here and are ILLEGALLY in this country.

Ask LEGAL immigrants how they feel about taking a back seat to ILLEGAL immigrants.

reason10

Governor
So you really do not have the ability to discern where a state might interfere with rights guaranteed by the constitution or the rulings of the supreme court?

I'm pretty sure there are no Constitutional protections for wetbacks.

States are acting to ban abortions. If you were paying attention you'd know that.

That's a lie. Abortions will only be banned (and only in certain states) when the Supreme Court gets enough constitutional judges to overturn Roe V. Wede. As far as taking away the right to vote, allowing illegal aliens to vote amounts to pretty much that; Disenfranchising the majority by letting criminals vote.

People like you think liberals are idiots. Since my opinion of people like you couldn't get much worse, you can imagine how much your opinion matters to me.

EVERYBODY thinks liberals are idiots. Democrat politicians run away scared to death of the term "liberal," and somehow think America is stupid enough to believe these ignorant Neo-Marxist ideas of the 19th Century somehow amount to "Progressive."

And idiots should worry about what I think, since I pay taxes so they don't have to.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
All of which means jack shit if they broke the law to get here and are ILLEGALLY in this country.

Ask LEGAL immigrants how they feel about taking a back seat to ILLEGAL immigrants.
1. Some localities take it to heart when they hear the words "No taxation without representation". So when they think about people paying local and state taxes they think it right that those people should be allowed to vote in their local elections.

2. That is not the law here in Colorado, but if it were a ballot measure I'd have to hear both sides to make up my mind about it.

3. Federal government should not intrude on something that is clearly not a national matter. That is the argument I hear all the time when we talk about a federally mandated universal background check.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure there are no Constitutional protections for wetbacks.

That's a lie. Abortions will only be banned (and only in certain states) when the Supreme Court gets enough constitutional judges to overturn Roe V. Wede. As far as taking away the right to vote, allowing illegal aliens to vote amounts to pretty much that; Disenfranchising the majority by letting criminals vote.

EVERYBODY thinks liberals are idiots. Democrat politicians run away scared to death of the term "liberal," and somehow think America is stupid enough to believe these ignorant Neo-Marxist ideas of the 19th Century somehow amount to "Progressive."

And idiots should worry about what I think, since I pay taxes so they don't have to.
I probably pay more in taxes than you earn there edited. Your opinion on what "everybody thinks" is just you being another ignorant right winger pretending to speak for anyone but yourself.

If a state mandates prohibitive rules for facilities to perform abortions and they go out of business...abortion is effectively banned.