• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Something Screwy RE Hillary Collapse

D

Deleted member 21794

Click.
Hold.
Drag across the midline.
Damn:rolleyes:
Amazing, isn't it? I used to do all kinds of trick stuff in Photoshop. I still remember my best pieces. One was making a girl on a windsurfing board, shot in a studio, adjusting the color, smoothing her skin and making it look like she was on the ocean. It is literally amazing what you can do. I got pretty good at Photoshop, and let me tell you: I didn't use but 20% of what it was capable of. I'm certain video editing software is even better with regards to ability to manipulate and create than Photoshop was back in the mid-2000s when I left the business. We literally need to question EVERYTHING we are shown by the media, which of course is controlled by very rich, powerful and dark and evil interests.

been there
... since around 2000.

The great thing about these tools is they were in heir infancy in 2001, so it was easy to see how the networks broad casted video shopped feeds on 09/11/2001. The tools were so crude back then, it is easy to catch.
I had no idea.
Maybe it's a good thing I don't own a television; although, it is not unlikely there are many suspect videos online? I have heard 911 stories of shopped feeds before, but had no idea what to look for. Maybe I need to catch up?

Amazing, isn't it? I used to do all kinds of trick stuff in Photoshop. I still remember my best pieces. One was making a girl on a windsurfing board, shot in a studio, adjusting the color, smoothing her skin and making it look like she was on the ocean. It is literally amazing what you can do. I got pretty good at Photoshop, and let me tell you: I didn't use but 20% of what it was capable of. I'm certain video editing software is even better with regards to ability to manipulate and create than Photoshop was back in the mid-2000s when I left the business. We literally need to question EVERYTHING we are shown by the media, which of course is controlled by very rich, powerful and dark and evil interests.
Do you find it credible that Rush was ignorant of horizontal flipping? (OP)

Days

Commentator
I had no idea.
Maybe it's a good thing I don't own a television; although, it is not unlikely there are many suspect videos online? I have heard 911 stories of shopped feeds before, but had no idea what to look for. Maybe I need to catch up?
photo edit tools were plenty good already in 2001, but the video tools were pretty raw, 1.0 stuff.

catch up here...

D

Deleted member 21794

I had no idea.
Dude, you're not missing anything. I believe television has overall been damaging to the country. You're the smart one here. While I have cut the satellite signal and 90% of what I watch on TV is stuff on Netflix, you're the really smart one here. Believe it.

D

Deleted member 21794

Do you find it credible that Rush was ignorant of horizontal flipping? (OP)
No way in hell. Or was he simply tricked like I was before carefully watching both versions. I think odds are better than 50/50 he knows about flipping photos and videos and is spinning a yarn for some reason.

Other than being flipped, I can't find a single difference between the two. Oh and he notes the camera being closer- that's simple to do as well. You can crop the video to give the impression it's being filmed from closer. I think he knows this. So the question is, what's his agenda? I think he's being dishonest- for whatever reason.

Dude, you're not missing anything. I believe television has overall been damaging to the country. You're the smart one here. While I have cut the satellite signal and 90% of what I watch on TV is stuff on Netflix, you're the really smart one here. Believe it.
I stream a lot of Netflix, and there are three televisions in common areas of my senior building, but I think I've become allergic to commercials. (What do we know for sure about people who will say anything they are paid to say?) I haven't had my own television since early 2008, and I haven't driven a car in over twenty years. It is amazing what one can learn to live without?

No way in hell. Or was he simply tricked like I was before carefully watching both versions. I think odds are better than 50/50 he knows about flipping photos and videos and is spinning a yarn for some reason.

Other than being flipped, I can't find a single difference between the two. Oh and he notes the camera being closer- that's simple to do as well. You can crop the video to give the impression it's being filmed from closer. I think he knows this. So the question is, what's his agenda? I think he's being dishonest- for whatever reason.
I think we lost a lot of journalistic integrity when the Fairness Doctrine was done away with. I get the some sophistry on left-wing outlets like Democracy Now! when they repeatedly conflate legitimate examples of police violence with the well deserved demise of a thug like Michael Brown in Ferguson. Without hearing both (all) sides of an issue, it is easy to live in a echo chamber.

D

Deleted member 21794

I stream a lot of Netflix, and there are three televisions in common areas of my senior building, but I think I've become allergic to commercials. (What do we know for sure about people who will say anything they are paid to say?) I haven't had my own television since early 2008, and I haven't driven a car in over twenty years. It is amazing what one can learn to live without?
That's funny you should mention a car. We'll be selling one soon. I plan on living in SE Asia, and will most likely do without a car. I'll be in my mid-50s when I go, semi-retired, and want to challenge myself to be more active, learn a new language and culture, hopefully keeping me well preserved. When one thinks about the expense of an automobile: the initial cost, maintenance, fuel, insurance, registration, it is a TON of money. I am looking to simplify my life and like your approach.

Indeed it's amazing what we humans can adapt to. And to think, going without a car is kindergarten compared to how some people in third world nations survive. I know we complain about the US a lot, but we still have a lot to be grateful for.

For a lefty, you make some pretty good decisions. ;)

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
No, cuz I made it up on my own. But I know you can flip pictures that way, you can flip them upside down also, so I'm sure you can flip videos that way. The contents of the videos are identical, this might be the exact same footage, flipped horizontally and zoomed.
It's probably flipped horizontally and zoomed. Did you look at the lapel pins? They should be on reverse sides if that was done.

D

Deleted member 21794

I think we lost a lot of journalistic integrity when the Fairness Doctrine was done away with. I get the some sophistry on left-wing outlets like Democracy Now! when they repeatedly conflate legitimate examples of police violence with the well deserved demise of a thug like Michael Brown in Ferguson. Without hearing both (all) sides of an issue, it is easy to live in a echo chamber.
My problem with the Fairness Doctrine is trusting government to regulate the whole thing- the same reservation I have with pretty much everything government does. That said, I won't deny a link between journalistic integrity and implementation of the Fairness Doctrine. Honestly, I don't know enough about the history of it to say much other than I believe in free speech and being forced to give up my time on the air for someone else doesn't make sense to me, as a matter of principle.

D

Deleted member 21794

Oh and HAHAHAHAHA! to your being allergic to commercials! I'm right there with ya! That's one of the best things about Netflix. To me, if you have to spend a bunch of money on TV trying to talk me into buying your product or service, it's probably too expensive and bad for me. Just look at all the pharmaceuticals pushed on TV. Hell, I'd rather have the original symptoms than the side effects warned about!

I tried watching Crackle, a free service, but they have commercials every ten minutes. I think Netflix is one of the greatest things to come from the entertainment scene in eons. Some of their original shows are really good. Narcos has been an awesome dramatization of the Pablo Escobar years. I do like a lot of the documentaries and also watch some shows on house flipping.

Jen

Senator
That's funny you should mention a car. We'll be selling one soon. I plan on living in SE Asia, and will most likely do without a car. I'll be in my mid-50s when I go, semi-retired, and want to challenge myself to be more active, learn a new language and culture, hopefully keeping me well preserved. When one thinks about the expense of an automobile: the initial cost, maintenance, fuel, insurance, registration, it is a TON of money. I am looking to simplify my life and like your approach.

Indeed it's amazing what we humans can adapt to. And to think, going without a car is kindergarten compared to how some people in third world nations survive. I know we complain about the US a lot, but we still have a lot to be grateful for.

For a lefty, you make some pretty good decisions. ;)
I lived on Sardinia and another tiny island for 2 years while I was 30-ish, and it was difficult. No English radio or television at all. No phone. Newspapers and magazines were a month old if I could get them at all. It was nice to just pretend the world didn't exist for a while. I learned to use Italian to ask for the things I needed . Shopping for food locally was a learning process. We found out what the weather was by looking out the window. There was some bad weather there too.

I had a car but didn't use it unless I was going to a distant town. It usually wasn't necessary. If you are in a city I doubt you'll need it or want it. If you need one, you can probably buy it there.

I am not certain that I could do it now, but I am guessing that communication is a lot easier in a remote area than it was in 1980 when I was there. Will you go dark? Or will you keep your communication?

D

Deleted member 21794

I lived on Sardinia and another tiny island for 2 years while I was 30-ish, and it was difficult. No English radio or television at all. No phone. Newspapers and magazines were a month old if I could get them at all. It was nice to just pretend the world didn't exist for a while. I learned to use Italian to ask for the things I needed . Shopping for food locally was a learning process.

I had a car but didn't use it unless I was going to a distant town. It usually wasn't necessary. If you are in a city I doubt you'll need it or want it. If you need one, you can probably buy it there.

I am not certain that I could do it now, but I am guessing that communication is a lot easier in a remote area than it was in 1980 when I was there. Will you go dark? Or will you keep your communication?
What you did in Sardinia is essentially what I want to do. I think we'll skip the car-depends though on where we end up living. If we live outside the city, we'll probably pick up a late model Corolla or equivalent. Of course, it will all come down to costs. Frankly, I'm looking to keep it as simple as possible. If I don't have a car, it won't break down. There's cheap tuk tuks, taxis, trains and buses where we're going- well, depending on the locale.

As for communications, I'll keep a smart phone and computer. Bandwidth and reliability isn't so hot, so I suspect I'll spend less time on the computer.

Caroljo

Senator
They are posted as "different angles" which would mean two different cameras.

Just flipping it wouldn't give that result.
It's not the same at all. Except for the guy on the right being the same person, not all are the same. In the 1st picture there are 2 men standing behind everyone else. In the 2nd picture it's a man and a woman. Where's the guy that was standing next to the passenger side door with the bright lapel pin?

Days

Commentator
It's not the same at all. Except for the guy on the right being the same person, not all are the same. In the 1st picture there are 2 men standing behind everyone else. In the 2nd picture it's a man and a woman. Where's the guy that was standing next to the passenger side door with the bright lapel pin?
Once you know the video is doctored, anything could be changed.

Caroljo

Senator
What you did in Sardinia is essentially what I want to do. I think we'll skip the car-depends though on where we end up living. If we live outside the city, we'll probably pick up a late model Corolla or equivalent. Of course, it will all come down to costs. Frankly, I'm looking to keep it as simple as possible. If I don't have a car, it won't break down. There's cheap tuk tuks, taxis, trains and buses where we're going- well, depending on the locale.

As for communications, I'll keep a smart phone and computer. Bandwidth and reliability isn't so hot, so I suspect I'll spend less time on the computer.
If the internet connection is as bad as Mauritania SW Africa, it'll suck! That's where my son was last year for about 3 months. We'd try to Skype & it seldom worked.

D

Deleted member 21794

If the internet connection is as bad as Mauritania SW Africa, it'll suck! That's where my son was last year for about 3 months. We'd try to Skype & it seldom worked.
Yeah I think streaming Skype or other video will be out of the question.