• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Sooo: What's for dinner?

P

PACE

I had this done in one hour, I am a focused kinda cook, assembly line work for me Bo...,

It's the "engineering training"

Regards
Pace

P

PACE

For that leftover prime rib

Whip 1 cup of whipping cream, till stiff peaks
Add two tbsps of good horseradish, the white
Add 1 or 2 tbsp of chives, dried is okay
Cracked pepper,

Now, spread this luciousness on that cold prime beef, it's classic!

Regards
Pace

Bo-4

Senator
Oh my HELL... if dialed down for spice (my 55 year old stomach no can handle) i will definitely try THIS!!!

<3 Thanks!!

Bo-4

Senator
Bubble & squeak is just a funny name for fried cabbage & potatoes (and in this case ham). I didn't make the roast lamb last night. I have made burgers out of ground lamb but never tried to cook it any other way. I also forgot to mention we had Scotch eggs (hard-boiled eggs wrapped in sausage).
ETR, curious.. from where do you hail?

Bo-4

Senator
OmG you're making me hungry.. i have the creamy horsy sauce, canned sweet corn and leftover scalloped cheesy potatoes Pace.

My LAST feast prior to thinning down by 15 pounds for summer!

Started that process with a 30 mile bike ride today.. oh my HAIL it beauteous out!

apics4.city_data.com_cpicc_cfiles29827.jpg

MaryAnne

Governor
Ditto here! Yeah, in the winter we eat more and get less exercise. Here in Boise it was a brutal winter so there were no bike rides out on the greenbelt. If i get busy and get some stuff done, i'll have time for that in a few hours. Another lovely 72 degree spring day!!
Had my first Spring walk Saturday. Stiff legs for the first block,loosened up,and it feels so good. funny thing,I did not gain,but my body looks different.

I dug up,transplanted about 50 Day Lilies that were too close to my knockout roses. They are all trimmed back,too. ordered mulch from the Boy Scouts,they are going to s put it down, and I am ready for Spring!

MaryAnne

Governor
Thanks Jen, yep.. and the prime was spectacular. I don't like the red red prime like a lot of people do. Braised it at 500 for 20 minutes to seal the juices, then went around 20 minutes per pound (instead of the usual 15).
A man after my own heart,Bo! I hate the red! Can I adopt you?

Us -- Rosemary crusted bone-in prime rib roast, fresh green bean casserole (with those crunchy little French-fried onions on top :) and scalloped Idaho cheesy potatoes.

Carrot cake for dessert!

:hungry:
Same as every night.... nothing.

I've given up dinner for 2 reasons (now - it used to actually be because I was too lazy to eat when I got home and/or already still full from lunch).

1) Because I'm too fat to fit into my clothes anymore, and I can't afford new ones, so I have to lose 10 lbs.

2) I eat too much earlier in the day.

My question was going to be "what's for breakfast?" As breakfast is the most important meal of the day, your power meal, so to speak, I try to make the most of it and get every food group in first thing in the morning. That way, if I miss something at lunch, I'm not nutritionally lacking.

Breakfast usually consists of LOTS of fruit, some kind of dairy, some kind of grains, some kind of meat, some kind of nuts. So it could be anything from a bowl of muesli type cereal with several pieces of fruit or maybe fruit salad with a handful of nuts, a chunk of cheese, some crackers and beef jerky. The other day, I added an avocado because it was sitting in the fruit bowl and didn't look like it was going to be good for much longer... that was kind of interesting first thing in the morning.

I've had to cut back on breakfast and lunch also, though, so I have to do little portions of everything. :(

Now, every night I go to bed the way most of the rest of the world does - HUNGRY. And, yes, yes, it does suck.

MaryAnne

Governor
Happy, I have found the easiest way is to eat early in the day,and very light after lunch!

Good luck,with Spring you will lose it.

Bo-4

Senator
You GO ---> HA! Yep, my diet starts tomorrow but i did go on a 30 mile bike ride this afternoon!

MaryAnne

Governor
For that leftover prime rib

Whip 1 cup of whipping cream, till stiff peaks
Add two tbsps of good horseradish, the white
Add 1 or 2 tbsp of chives, dried is okay
Cracked pepper,

Now, spread this luciousness on that cold prime beef, it's classic!

Regards
Pace
I do love that horsey sauce!

Any one ever make Lasagna with corn tortillas? not flour,corn! So good!

Bo-4

Senator
Had my first Spring walk Saturday. Stiff legs for the first block,loosened up,and it feels so good. funny thing,I did not gain,but my body looks different.

I dug up,transplanted about 50 Day Lilies that were too close to my knockout roses. They are all trimmed back,too. ordered mulch from the Boy Scouts,they are going to s put it down, and I am ready for Spring!
30 mile bike ride for me MA!! Surely beat reading ASOT's "comedy" :)

MaryAnne

Governor
I usually have Easter dinner at my sister's place, as she lives only 12 miles away. But they were traveling, so I had Easter dinner alone. Just grilled some juicy filets on my grill, and chowed down. Watched college basketball while I ate.
I had to drive 40 miles for mine. The Son is into bread making now. Wheat bread. They came out with the oil and vinegar. I asked for butter!

Carrots are good for you,LeRoy! Especially when baked in a cake! That is what Paula Dean told me!
I like carrots just fine. Just don't bake them in a cake, please. I'll take raw carrots with some spinach dip. And carrots in a beef stew or beef pot pie are A-OK, too.