• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Sorry, guys... no comfy balls for you!

Barbella

Senator
Somehow, this strikes me as hilarious... "PackageFront Technology?" LOLOLOL

A Scandinavian men's underwear brand named Comfyballs simply will not fly in America, says the U.S. Patent and Trade Office.

The agency has denied the Norwegian company's application to register the trademark in the U.S., calling the name 'vulgar.'

The company was born in 2013 and quickly moved to the UK, New Zealand and Australia where it promises its underwear--designed with PackageFront technology--reduces heat while allowing for freer movement.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2868788/No-Comfyballs-America-Patent-office-says-Norwegian-men-s-underwear-trademark-vulgar-sale-U-S.html#ixzz3LX88ldC4

connieb

Senator

A Scandinavian men's underwear brand named Comfyballs simply will not fly in America, says the U.S. Patent and Trade Office.

The agency has denied the Norwegian company's application to register the trademark in the U.S., calling the name 'vulgar.'

The company was born in 2013 and quickly moved to the UK, New Zealand and Australia where it promises its underwear--designed with PackageFront technology--reduces heat while allowing for freer movement.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2868788/No-Comfyballs-America-Patent-office-says-Norwegian-men-s-underwear-trademark-vulgar-sale-U-S.html#ixzz3LX88ldC4

This country is so ridiculous. On one hand, we have Planned Parenthood teaching sex ed courses and in the other, a product called Comfyballs - is vulgar. I'll be happy to trade Comfyballs being advertised on every City Bus and billboard around, if planned parenthood will give up sex ed instruction in public schools. Besides which.. that model... isn't too hard on the eyes.

connie

Arkady

President

This is consistent with other rulings, like not allowing the registration of Redskins or Nigga.

Arkady

President
This country is so ridiculous. On one hand, we have Planned Parenthood teaching sex ed courses and in the other, a product called Comfyballs - is vulgar. I'll be happy to trade Comfyballs being advertised on every City Bus and billboard around, if planned parenthood will give up sex ed instruction in public schools. Besides which.. that model... isn't too hard on the eyes.

connie
What's wrong with Planned Parenthood teaching sex ed courses? Since I'm not a fan of either abortion or bringing unwanted children into this world, I'm strongly in favor of sex ed.

connieb

Senator
What's wrong with Planned Parenthood teaching sex ed courses? Since I'm not a fan of either abortion or bringing unwanted children into this world, I'm strongly in favor of sex ed.
I dislike the organizational agenda of Planned Parenthood. Furthermore, while I believe in sex ed, I don't believe in promoting sex, or sexual practices or sexual experimentation or sexual exploration and certainly not to teens. Which PP promotes. I am certainly against promoting any o those things to children in public schools whose parents are hopefully trying to teach morals at home.

Arkady

President
I dislike the organizational agenda of Planned Parenthood. Furthermore, while I believe in sex ed, I don't believe in promoting sex, or sexual practices or sexual experimentation or sexual exploration and certainly not to teens. Which PP promotes. I am certainly against promoting any o those things to children in public schools whose parents are hopefully trying to teach morals at home.
I'm not aware of Planned Parenthood promoting sex. The materials I've seen are just matter-of-fact: here are the risks, and here's how to guard against them. For example:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/teens/going-to-the-doctor/stds

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/teens/going-to-the-doctor/birth-control

Do you have an example of Planned Parenthood promoting sex, sexual practices, or sexual experimentation? Do you have some example of the kind of public school lesson Planned Parenthood has provided that you consider inappropriate or immoral?

connieb

Senator
I'm not aware of Planned Parenthood promoting sex. The materials I've seen are just matter-of-fact: here are the risks, and here's how to guard against them. For example:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/teens/going-to-the-doctor/stds

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/teens/going-to-the-doctor/birth-control

Do you have an example of Planned Parenthood promoting sex, sexual practices, or sexual experimentation? Do you have some example of the kind of public school lesson Planned Parenthood has provided that you consider inappropriate or immoral?
Arkady, I am not really into digging that stuff up at this point and no matter what I produce, you will simply want to argue it. I am not really in the mood.

Suffice to say it is the subtle phrasing used. I pulled up your links, to me they read like -hey, its ok if you have an STD, but here is how to get help. That is quite frankly not the attitude I want my kids to be taught. That is in my opinion promoting an attitude of promiscuity is cool, just make sure you go about it the right way. I object to that mentality. Its not one I will promote, and not one I want my kids exposed to.

connie

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Well, our President sure doesn't mind inviting and supporting Jay-Z, An ex-con entertainer who wrote and performed songs loaded with hate for gays, women and black men, while boasting of his allegiance to illegally owning and discharging assault rifles and automatic handguns as tools of lawlessness and murder.
  • “F – – k ‘em all day, f- – k ’em all night. We don’t love these hoes.”
  • “Dirt Off Your Shoulder,” a song president Obama referenced on the campaign trail, boasts about “a middle finger to the law,” while “99 Problems” degrades women with lyrics like “I’ve got 99 problems but a bitch ain’t one.”
  • In September Obama tweeted a picture of himself with Jay-Z and his wife Beyonce, boasting about his supporters who were in “an empire state of mind.”
It's just mind-boggling to me that Obama has never had to answer to this. The media has never asked him about the conflict of interest here.

But, the government he runs... comfyballs? Too vulgar.

Arkady

President
Arkady, I am not really into digging that stuff up at this point and no matter what I produce, you will simply want to argue it. I am not really in the mood.

Suffice to say it is the subtle phrasing used. I pulled up your links, to me they read like -hey, its ok if you have an STD, but here is how to get help. That is quite frankly not the attitude I want my kids to be taught. That is in my opinion promoting an attitude of promiscuity is cool, just make sure you go about it the right way. I object to that mentality. Its not one I will promote, and not one I want my kids exposed to.

connie
I think you're reading into the material stuff that isn't there, if you're even getting that from the links I provided. Are you uncomfortable with premarital sex? If so, then it's possible that your feelings on the topic are causing you to see as encouragement anything that doesn't expressly reflect your revulsion. At least in the materials I found, Planned Parenthood is entirely neutral on it. They simply state facts and provide advice for protecting yourself.

Bugsy McGurk

President

Damn.

So much for my plan to market a new bra called "The over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder."

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
teaching kids how to have sex, I'm sure you are in favor of that.............

Arkady

President
Well, our President sure doesn't mind inviting and supporting Jay-Z, An ex-con entertainer who wrote and performed songs loaded with hate for gays, women and black men, while boasting of his allegiance to illegally owning and discharging assault rifles and automatic handguns as tools of lawlessness and murder.
  • “Dirt Off Your Shoulder,” a song president Obama referenced on the campaign trail, boasts about “a middle finger to the law,” while “99 Problems” degrades women with lyrics like “I’ve got 99 problems but a bitch ain’t one.”
  • In September Obama tweeted a picture of himself with Jay-Z and his wife Beyonce, boasting about his supporters who were in “an empire state of mind.”
It's just mind-boggling to me that Obama has never had to answer to this. The media has never asked him about the conflict of interest here.

In the same sense, I can't recall Reagan ever having to answer for this:

The man in the photo with Reagan was in jail seven times, and smuggled drugs into the US from Mexico. He also glorified violence, with one of his songs famously bragging about shooting a man just to see him die. This wasn't a one-off thing, either. Reagan also appeared repeatedly with other country musicians who glorified the outlaw lifestyle. He even gave Merle Haggard, who spent time in San Quentin, and had a long criminal record, an unconditional pardon:

For some reason, I never seem to hear conservative scolding Republicans for close relationships with white crooks and entertainers who glorify the outlaw lifestyle, but if a Democrat does the same with a comparable black entertainer, look out!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
They're teaching kids facts to protect them from STDs and pregnancy. Yes, I'm absolutely in favor of that!
and where to get abortions................only a fool would support the woman that started PP to ensure black babies were aborted.........well, explains liberals

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
In the same sense, I can't recall Reagan ever having to answer for this:

The man in the photo with Reagan was in jail seven times, and smuggled drugs into the US from Mexico. He also glorified violence, with one of his songs famously bragging about shooting a man just to see him die. This wasn't a one-off thing, either. Reagan also appeared repeatedly with other country musicians who glorified the outlaw lifestyle. He even gave Merle Haggard, who spent time in San Quentin, and had a long criminal record, an unconditional pardon:

For some reason, I never seem to hear conservative scolding Republicans for close relationships with white crooks and entertainers who glorify the outlaw lifestyle, but if a Democrat does the same with a comparable black entertainer, look out!
post Pardons from ALL POTUS............especially Slick___________GO

Arkady

President
and where to get abortions................only a fool would support the woman that started PP to ensure black babies were aborted.........well, explains liberals
You're rambling. Presumably you're referring to Margaret Sanger. She was anti-abortion, and wanted legal contraception, in part, to reduce abortions:

http://www.bartleby.com/1013/10.html

In her autobiography she wrote "[In 1916] we explained what contraception was; that abortion was the wrong way no matter how early it was performed it was taking life; that contraception was the better way, the safer way—it took a little time, a little trouble, but was well worth while in the long run, because life had not yet begun."

Arkady

President

While we're on the topic, I'm curious: did you similarly clutch your pearls and look for your fainting couch about the close ties between George W. Bush and George Jones (Bush listed him as a favorite musician, spoke at Jones' Kennedy Center Honors, and Laura Bush eulogized Jones at his funeral). Jones was a recidivist crook, alcoholic, drug abuser, wife-beater, and drunk driver, known for his arrest record, trashing hotel rooms, and just being an all-around douche-nozzle. He also recorded the racist tune "poor Chinee" making fun of the Chinese (sample lyric: "Me like bow-wow, very good chow-chow"). But, to be fair, he was white, so maybe it's different.