1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

Sorry, guys... no comfy balls for you!

Discussion in 'Latest Political News and Current Events' started by Barbella, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Barbella

Barbella Senator

Some of us operate from the vantage that our kids aren't mindless little animals who can't control their sexual urges, and can't be taught to "wait" a few years.

My granddaughter is turning 12 next month. She's into horses, photography, arts and crafts and a bunch of other hobbies... having sex is the furthest thing from her mind, guaranteed. In fact, at this point she thinks it's rather disgusting....

There's absolutely NO NEED for any goading from PP to push her in that direction. She'll get there when SHE'S good and ready... without being prompted and encouraged. When she does, she'll have plenty of people right here that she can, and will, talk to. This house is very open about sexual issues, but at the same time, no one will PUSH the kids to discuss things they're not ready for, or even interested in.

My grandson, at 15, knows all about the birds and the bees... and he knows about the responsibilities that come with having sex. At this point, he'd rather take care of his own needs than take a chance on getting a girl pregnant or catching a disease... or even getting emotionally and physically entangled to a point where breaking up with someone only gets harder and more complicated once you have sex with that person... and at HIS age, breaking up with the girl is almost guaranteed.

He's a smart kid, straight A student, honor roll, heavily into sports, and a clear vision of his future. Having indiscriminate sex and getting himself all tied up with some emotionally volatile girl by having sex with her simply isn't part of the plan at this time.

:)

2. PhilFish

PhilFish Moderator Staff Member

Then we disagree... my kid, and no kid i know, is in need of that kind of education at that age, and i find the suggestion that some action is needed to forestall STDs and or pregnancy to 13 and 14yo's, somewhat offensive.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. PhilFish

I find the tone offensive. 'We need to do something, cause, you know, them young uns at that age..welllll.....bingo bango....'

Bullshit.

4. connieb

connieb Moderator Staff Member

In this case, it does.

5. connieb

Indeed. There is more to them having sex than just their urges as well. How about parenting in general. I can't even imagine how I could have had sex at that age. I wasn't allowed to be at a friend's house without their parent, I wasn't allowed to have people to my house without a parent and had two younger brothers that would have ratted me out in a second if I had tried. I wasn't allowed to car date. I wasn't allowed to have or participate in co-ed sleepovers. If I had a boy over to my house we had to stay in the common areas of the home. Perhaps even if one has those urges, the alternative is not to teach them it is ok to give into them as long as they do it safely, it is not to provide the opportunity for them to give into them.

6. PhilFish

I'm by no means a puritanical parent. And dont think to take it upon yourself to assume for me or my child. You'll certainly have to bear no such thing. And i find the intimation patently offensive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PhilFish

some apparently feel the need to cast their diminished capabilities as relates parenting upon others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. PhilFish

I mean, WTF? You dont know me from adam, nor what I will, may, or have instilled in my kid in any regard or aspect of parenting whatsoever.

rest easy....no such thing will happen, and if by some stroke of happenstance anything of the kind occurs...you'll bear no dime of mine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. PhilFish

Splendid. Sad part is you offend by taking liberties in assuming such things about my kid in particular...even by way of example.

My kid'll be just fine, and no person will bear that dime but me. That is, should such an alternate universe ever unfold, which it will not....because i'm by no means an incapable parent.

• Like Like x 1
  10. PhilFish

Why, because I dont posit promiscuity and irresponsibility as the baseline assumption for kids that age?

i think the question of who is a bad parent rests elsewhere.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. connieb

Which is exactly why conservatives do not advocate for those types of social safetynet programs. They allow the irresponsible to pass their burdens on to others instead of suffering the consequences of their own bad parenting and their own bad behavior.
    Since, I find the attitude that one can shift the burden of their bad behavior on to others abhorrent, rest assured, that no child of mine will be on the dole.

12. bdtex

bdtex Moderator Staff Member

Boy did this thread drift off course or what?:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. resident_evil

resident_evil Senator

I think the nuanced difference being missed here is EXPECTATION.

One way of teaching expects children to not or participate little in sexual activity. The other way of teaching says we expect you to screw around. Have at and have fun this way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. resident_evil

resident_evil Senator

Well comparing apples and oranges is not honest.

15. resident_evil

resident_evil Senator

Why, did you look up irony yet?

16. resident_evil

resident_evil Senator

17. Barbella

Barbella Senator

Are you fucking kidding me? You've got balls... My granddaughter is sexually and emotionally stunted, because she's not interested in having sex at 12?

Get lost. You're an arrogant fool, nothing else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mr. Friscus

Mr. Friscus I think, therefore, I poop

A. What did Merle say that is on par at all with Jay-Z's lyrical library?

B. Assigning some panicky adjective such as "hyperventilating" doesn't change much. Wouldn't GWB be castrated if he did what Obama did as in the scenario I laid out? I think you know he would have been, as would any person who has been alive in the past 20 years... and you'd probably be not only labeling the vulgar country artist as what he was, but also asking what this implies about then-President Bush.

C. As far as the "right wing" and "hyperventilating", there is certainly shock that Obama could support such a self-described "animal", but oddly this isn't even a huge issue, as it can't go anywhere as long as all of the Obama voters in the media don't ask him about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. oicu812

oicu812 "Trust, but Verify"

rap is to music like piglatin is to english...

20. Bugsy McGurk

Bugsy McGurk President

Just so you know, kids bullshit their elders' brains out about such matters.

;-)