• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Statute of limitations

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
You seem not to be aware that the testimony of the victim is evidence. Indeed, it can be the most powerful evidence.

Now that you know that, do you think Moore should be prosecuted?
My answer is the same as yours to this question:

Should Bill Clinton be prosecuted? What say you?

Caroljo

Senator
You seem not to be aware that the testimony of the victim is evidence. Indeed, it can be the most powerful evidence.

Now that you know that, do you think Moore should be prosecuted?
Nope. It's still her word against his. I could say Obama raped me 30 yrs ago and come up with a believable story, but I doubt anyone would believe it since I have absolutely no proof but my word. Where is her proof? Why do you believe she's telling the truth? Because he's a Republican?

Drumcollie

If he's indicted, arrested, arraigned, and tried, then yes. See, we have a process to protect the civil rights of the accused from people like you (a.k.a. lynch mobs). And thank God for it, because there are monsters out there like Barack Obama, who just think it's easier to go straight to the execution.
You are 100 percent correct.

I go at it differently. What ever he thinks should be done to Bill Clinton at this point is the same that should be done to Moore. If he/she/it wants to drop the Bill Clinton issue then the same for Moore. Wrong is wrong for everyone, not just. Elitist democratic must also answer the same

Drumcollie

Nope. It's still her word against his. I could say Obama raped me 30 yrs ago and come up with a believable story, but I doubt anyone would believe it since I have absolutely no proof but my word. Where is her proof? Why do you believe she's telling the truth? Because he's a Republican?
Wouldn't that make her a racist, a liar, ect...When this all pans out to be fake, lefty will make sure everyone knows she is a Republican, or at one time voted Republican.

Spamature

President
This is what Moore and his backers are alledging - a smear campaign of activities which took place so long ago they are no longer prosecutable.

whether they would have been prosecutable back then either is debatable. the police would need to demonstrate that (a) Moore knew his victims were underage, and (b) intended to proceed to intercourse, rather than simply offensive banter.

Moore's behavior, it appears was "common knowledge" 30 years ago, before he was famous and powerful. which kind of supports his claim that this was all perfectly timed to put a democrat in the senate.

But that does not exonerate Moore from abhorrent behavior. Based on the preponderance of the evidence, he should withdraw. And both parties should do a better job vetting their candidates on past behavior. not only sexual picadillos, but also mishandling top secret documents; accepting money from foreign powers; destruction of evidence, etc.

chalk one up to the democrats. this is entirely political, and well played. Moore is a pariah.
I didn't hear you call it political when President Underwood was forced to resign his office due to these kinds of allegations surfacing.

It is sad when you have to look to pretend Republicans for some kind of political responsibility.

Last edited:

Spamature

President
I don't believe anyone should have to step down because of 'allegations'. Clinton had the blue dress, Weiner had pics of his dick. And you bring up a fictional character for your response?? Lol!
We had a Hollywood Access taped confession from the guy playing the role of President right now. How is that not evidence on par with Wiener or Clinton ?

Caroljo

Senator
We had a Hollywood Access taped confession from the guy playing the role of President right now. How is that not evidence on par with Wiener or Clinton ?
Wow....you really get into your soap operas! I don't watch the show, and I pay no attention to Hollyweird.

Bugsy McGurk

President
That's what the jury is for - evaluating the evidence. If a sexual assault victim testifies that the defendant assaulted her, and the defendant denies it, the jury evaluates that along with any other evidence that may be offered to the jury.

What do you mean by "proof" in this context?

P.S. The victim is also a Republican.

Interesting how when the Clintons did something illegal it was deemed "old news" that shouldn't even be looked into much less prosecuted. But when a Republican allegedly did something 30+ years ago, it needs to be thoroughly investigated.

No one wants to exonerate Moore's abhorrent behavior. Now, if only the special treatment that the Clintons and other Democrats receive would also stop and allow their actions to be investigated as fully as Moore's is being investigated.
Remember when Cons were accused by the first woman (hardly a lady) of a vast right wing conspiracy?