• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Stay at home Moms

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
That's the best ever situation. My son's family [his wife's] will be that way for his new baby. Mommy will go back to work, but the extended family will care for the baby.

I never lived close enough to have that luxury.
We're like the Waltons too [sit around the table at dinner time, say good night, love you ... every night] but we are a quiet family. Not sure why. The only yelling is at what's going on on the video game my husband and son are playing.
My 5 year-old grandboy does most of the yelling.

ElGringo

Mayor
Bwa hahahaha.......... Lupe. Bad ...bad....:p I love Min, so she and I won't cat fight. But ........ Renee and Nina........mebeeeeeee......... :D

Oh. Sorry. You were quoting someone.............. now I have to go find out who said it.
:eek::D:p

Guilty! :D

Minotaur

Governor
I hear you, when I've talked to Renee her stock response is to say that she hopes I don't have kids. Min is wrong on this...now all we need to do is get another woman in here to argue with Min so I can finally see a proper cat fight!
Sorry my friend but I think that there is some history going on here that I am not privy to and my momma didn't raise no fool - I am exiting stage one. Haha

Don't gang up on Renee you guys! I am not wrong in actually agreeing with much of what Renee says on relationships. It is today's world.

But I will mud wrestle Shelia if she ever stops by again! Whose got the candles?

Jen

Senator
Sorry my friend but I think that there is some history going on here that I am not privy to and my momma didn't raise no fool - I am exiting stage one. Haha

Don't gang up on Renee you guys!

But I will mud wrestle Shelia if she ever stops by again! Whose got the candles?
Renee is holding her own just fine. I think I'm gonna like her. Nothin' wrong with a little prickle, ya know.

And I'll buy tickets for the mud wrestle AND I'll bring the candles. Wine too?

Minotaur

Governor
Renee is holding her own just fine. I think I'm gonna like her. Nothin' wrong with a little prickle, ya know.

And I'll buy tickets for the mud wrestle AND I'll bring the candles. Wine too?
Renee will be fine. She is a smart woman and I relate to her views on relationships. I think there is much, much more to her so hopefully you enjoy getting to know her.

I once threatened Shelia with candles and of course she was wayyyy to willing so I played hard to get. LOL

She is going to kill me for saying that lie if she finds this post and she is sneaky enough to search. Haha

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
I have read this thread and am still not sure one way is better than the other
But the one thing I am certain of is that I would home school for a year if my only choice for my kids teacher is Renee
I decided to take my kids to private schools when, in a parent teacher conference the teacher said she would teach the students to "think critically" and when I asked her what that meant and questioned her on it [ I had written those sorts of objectives in the past and KNEW they sounded important and meant nothing] she couldn't stay in the conversation adequately.

I found there are bad teachers in private schools as well as in public schools so I did most of their education myself.

Minotaur

Governor
Renee is smart but her tilt toward culturally shaping kids is out of bounds for a public school teacher as far as I am concerned
Renee is 100% correct on relationships imo! We all give opinions and it doesn't mean we discuss issues at work the same way we do here or everyone here would be out of bounds. If so you'd have to worry about all the posters. It is what it is here.

Jen

Senator
Renee is 100% correct on relationships imo! We all give opinions and it doesn't mean we discuss issues at work the same way we do here or everyone here would be out of bounds. If so you'd have to worry about all the posters. It is what it is here.
Some teachers do give these sorts of opinions at work. I agree with you that it should not be done. Not ever. My own children were raised to think for themselves and not feel they had to agree with me on everything and they certainly do not. I have at least one child who voted for Obama. That's fine.

But lupe is right, that if he finds a teacher who is attempting to brainwash his kids he should remove them. In the case of my kids when they were in school, I knew their teachers so we could discuss them and where they were coming from and I encouraged my kids to learn from every teacher whether they agreed with their political or religious perspective or not. [side note: I taught at a private school where the thoughts on religion were downright scary.][so caution has to be taken everywhere regarding our kids]

Jen

Senator
Renee is smart but her tilt toward culturally shaping kids is out of bounds for a public school teacher as far as I am concerned
I agree, Lupe. She has said that she believes she should culturally shape her kids and I have no reason to disbelieve her. Depending on their age, if my kids had a teacher like that I would either talk to them about that sort of person daily OR I would remove them. My children, when they were in the 4th and 7th grade respectively had teachers that believed in brainwashing kids. I was careful with the 4th grader that year (and started home schooling her the next - and we've talked at length about her 4th grade teacher since). And with my 7th grade boys I had to intervene once, but I talked to them in generalities about teacher actions until they were away from the situation. It worked out well.

Minotaur

Governor
Some teachers do give these sorts of opinions at work. I agree with you that it should not be done. Not ever. My own children were raised to think for themselves and not feel they had to agree with me on everything and they certainly do not. I have at least one child who voted for Obama. That's fine.

But lupe is right, that if he finds a teacher who is attempting to brainwash his kids he should remove them. In the case of my kids when they were in school, I knew their teachers so we could discuss them and where they were coming from and I encouraged my kids to learn from every teacher whether they agreed with their political or religious perspective or not. [side note: I taught at a private school where the thoughts on religion were downright scary.][so caution has to be taken everywhere regarding our kids]
I didn't actually say it shouldn't be done. I am actually just hinting that online posting is not a reflection of anyone's job necessarily who posts here so bringing up a poster's profession is a bad indicator. You all have to understand that I don't agree with ya'll on this issue so Renee looks pretty good to me. I've seen that said about you as a teacher as well and I don't like it. But that is me and I am leaving this thread. I'll catch you on another thread.

Renee

Governor
I bash feminists who insult me and others for not "choosing" to live life exactly in their prescribed fashion. I bash feminists who play the victim card. I bash feminists who march in the street doing and saying lewd things about men. I bash feminists who hate men. But I would bash any group of people who did stuff like that.
Feminists do not insult anyone for choosing to live life as they chose ...not in a "prescribed fashion". How dare you say something like that. why don't you , instead of looking for the exception be grateful for the women who open doors for your daughter. Do you bash Christians people because they are in the KKK? Do you bash all the civil rights activists because some black people preached hatred for white? Feminist are the ones who wanted you to be able to have the choice of being a homemaker without being deprived of your own credit. They are the ones who fought for homemakers to have financial protection if their men leave them. Man, you sure identify with men....even though you were denied equality. Rather than laud those who opened doors, you look for extremists. Well, I guess it is because you are an extremist

Renee

Governor
It's the very crap she's spouting that I "hate". And I thank you for pointing that out, gigi. The word "feminist" is nothing...........but those actions that people who have to announce that they ARE feminists are deplorable. I don't want to be associated with them in any way.

Feminist is one who believes in equal rights....period. Actually we don't want female misogynists associated with us either