• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Steve Bannon: Trump Tower meeting was “treasonous”

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
It almost reads like a script for a fictional movie... except this is the real deal.

Trump's defenders as usual will make the same old excuses for their hero, Trump, is my guess. He can do no wrong -- he's just being picked on (for his greatness) beating Hillary. :rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He is particularly scathing about a June 2016 meeting involving Trump’s son Donald Jr, son-in-law Jared Kushner, then campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in New York. A trusted intermediary had promised documents that would “incriminate” rival Hillary Clinton but instead of alerting the FBI to a potential assault on American democracy by a foreign power, Trump Jr replied in an email: “I love it.”

The meeting was revealed by the New York Times in July last year, prompting Trump Jr to say no consequential material was produced. Soon after, Wolff writes, Bannon remarked mockingly: “The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor – with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers.

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.”
snip ----------------------------------

He told the Guardian in November that to research the book, he showed up at the White House with no agenda but wanting to “find out what the insiders were really thinking and feeling”. He enjoyed extraordinary access to Trump and senior officials and advisers, he said, sometimes at critical moments of the fledgling presidency.

snip ------------------------------

Trump is not spared. Wolff writes that Thomas Barrack Jr, a billionaire who is one of the president’s oldest associates, allegedly told a friend: “He’s not only crazy, he’s stupid.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff

Bugsy McGurk

President
Steve Bannon fan, are you? Let's take a look at what you had to say about him during the campaign...coming soon.
I know you’re not stupid enough to think I’m a Bannon fan.

Less clear is whether you’re smart enough to see the significance of a key Trump ally willing to honestly describe what Team Trump did as treasonous and unpatriotic.

I take it your Trump sycophancy is nevertheless holding strong?

Bugsy McGurk

President
It almost reads like a script for a fictional movie... except this is the real deal.

Trump's defenders as usual will make the same old excuses for their hero, Trump, is my guess. He can do no wrong -- he's just being picked on (for his greatness) beating Hillary. :rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He is particularly scathing about a June 2016 meeting involving Trump’s son Donald Jr, son-in-law Jared Kushner, then campaign chairman Paul Manafort and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya at Trump Tower in New York. A trusted intermediary had promised documents that would “incriminate” rival Hillary Clinton but instead of alerting the FBI to a potential assault on American democracy by a foreign power, Trump Jr replied in an email: “I love it.”

The meeting was revealed by the New York Times in July last year, prompting Trump Jr to say no consequential material was produced. Soon after, Wolff writes, Bannon remarked mockingly: “The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor – with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers.

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad shit, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately.”
snip ----------------------------------

He told the Guardian in November that to research the book, he showed up at the White House with no agenda but wanting to “find out what the insiders were really thinking and feeling”. He enjoyed extraordinary access to Trump and senior officials and advisers, he said, sometimes at critical moments of the fledgling presidency.

snip ------------------------------

Trump is not spared. Wolff writes that Thomas Barrack Jr, a billionaire who is one of the president’s oldest associates, allegedly told a friend: “He’s not only crazy, he’s stupid.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/03/donald-trump-russia-steve-bannon-michael-wolff
It will be interesting to see whether Bannon and the others admit to what they said. Or, will we see a new lying contest?

Stay tuned.

;-)

Less clear is whether you’re smart enough to see the significance of a key Trump ally willing to honestly describe what Team Trump did as treasonous and unpatriotic.

So, again, you're taking Bannon's side on this.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member

Are all the former Bannon fans going to dump him for their Messiah? LOL

Bugsy McGurk

President
You believe Bannon is telling the truth?
If he admitted what is true, he obviously told the truth. And the truth is that the Team Trump collusion with the Kremlin was treasonous and unpatriotic.

You seem to have a newfound interest in this concept of truth. Progress?

;-)

Bugsy McGurk

President
Are all the former Bannon fans going to dump him for their Messiah? LOL
Dunno. As we see here, wingers will dodge the subject as long as possible.

They’re likely waiting for instructions from Dear Leader Trump, monitoring his Twitter account.

;-)

D

Deleted member 21794

So let's see... treason, obstruction of justice... what other charges against Trump will be recommended?

Bugsy McGurk

President
So let's see... treason, obstruction of justice... what other charges against Trump will be recommended?
Likely more charges of lying to the FBI and campaign law violations, and perhaps illegal money laundering as well.

Anyway, any comment on Bannon’s assessment?

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
If he admitted what is true, he obviously told the truth. And the truth is that the Team Trump collusion with the Kremlin was treasonous and unpatriotic.

You seem to have a newfound interest in this concept of truth. Progress?

;-)
Even Trump tells the truth once in awhile. Someone once told him he stunk and he replied Like Sh*t!

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
Likely more charges of lying to the FBI and campaign law violations, and perhaps illegal money laundering as well.

Anyway, any comment on Bannon’s assessment?
It would be interesting to hear him talk about the actual Bannon statement instead of trying to bait you.

Bugsy McGurk

President
It would be interesting to hear him talk about the actual Bannon statement instead of trying to bait you.
When wingers are flummoxed - which is often the case - they lapse into dodge-and-dissemble mode.

It’s kinda fun to watch.

;-)