• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Stolen Valor

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
You do know, and as usual you would be too stupid to do so, that anyone who served during the Vietnam conflict is a Vietnam Vet, right?

Being a veteran of a certain era does not mean you were in combat, or even out of country.
"Vietnam-era vet", which I was as was anyone awarded the National Defense Service Medal during that time. We called it the "Alive in '75" ribbon. Never mind that I was in training the whole time in active duty then. Anyone who claims to be a Vietnam vet is claiming they were actually there.
National Defense Service Medal-ribbon.jpg

No doubt Nathan Phillips played fast and loose with his military career, but he's not the first to brag or exaggerate. We have a President who takes the cake when it comes to braggadocio.

OldTrapper

Council Member
"Vietnam-era vet", which I was as was anyone awarded the National Defense Service Medal during that time. We called it the "Alive in '75" ribbon. Never mind that I was in training the whole time in active duty then. Anyone who claims to be a Vietnam vet is claiming they were actually there.
View attachment 42886

No doubt Nathan Phillips played fast and loose with his military career, but he's not the first to brag or exaggerate. We have a President who takes the cake when it comes to braggadocio.

Well, for once I actually find myself agreeing with you.