• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Super Dave Osbourne died...

For those of us of a more senior age, Super Dave may ring a bell. He was the brother of Albert Brooks and recently died. I cannot imagine what that family was like having these two kids running around the house. Their poor parents likely became alcoholics trying to keep them in line. But at least the house was kept in stitches, what a pair of siblings. At any rate, Super Dave was a bit character on various sitcoms and variety shows in the late 70s and early 80s. He was a caricature of Evil Knieval and man was he funny. The bits would always start with a host introducing the latest stunt Super Dave was going to do that week. Super Dave had an outfit complete with a helmet, a body suit that looked like a space man, big silver gloves and boots. As he started his latest stunt, he would usually walk through adoring fans up to the mike and then explain the horrifically dangerous stunt he was about to perform. Well, the stunts never really went right. I watched one last night that had me laughing so hard I started coughing in bed. My favorite line from it was:

"Is this going to be as spectacular as when you tried to mate with a blue whale?".

Here is the bit.