• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

SW... about those bots

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
me thinks you are a tad naive about the bots
Methinks you are a tad dishonest:

"*edited* are definitely bots, they have no emotions, and they lie with no conscience, they never recognize or even try to recognize their lies, they are not programmed to do that."

Days

Commentator
Methinks you are a tad dishonest:

"*edited* are definitely bots, they have no emotions, and they lie with no conscience, they never recognize or even try to recognize their lies, they are not programmed to do that."
try to pull yourself out of your personal bias from all the wars you have endured here. What looks to you like an attack against someone - only looks that way because you start with the paradigm that the nic is a person. The nic is not a person, it is a bot.

the bots are programmed to slither from point to point, they don't really lie because they have no conscience, neither can they confess to being wrong. they are following their programming, and I don't have a problem with that, but it is one more thing happening here that is hindering debate.

Because they respond.

For it to be a bot it would login and post a new thread and then would never respond in the thread. Yes or no?

Do you have an example of a bot here? Maybe I am wrong, I'm not here much from April to October.
Days is talking about computer generated persons - simulated persons - and mmmm it takes no great stretch of the imagination to see he that he could very well be right.

Jen

Senator
Days is talking about computer generated persons - simulated persons - and mmmm it takes no great stretch of the imagination to see he that he could very well be right.
There is only one person in my memory (which isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination) one person who never ever to my recollection posted anything that sounded like he was human. That person doesn't post here now. There is one here now that I don't interact with much who might seem that way. But I've seen humanity in MV so it's not him.

I don't know if we have AI that could do what Days says it is doing. I guess it's possible.

There is only one person in my memory (which isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination) one person who never ever to my recollection posted anything that sounded like he was human. That person doesn't post here now. There is one here now that I don't interact with much who might seem that way. But I've seen humanity in MV so it's not him.

I don't know if we have AI that could do what Days says it is doing. I guess it's possible.
It doesn't matter who or what they are - Days is correct over the effect they have had over years and still have in blocking off the peoples' real debate.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
That AI definitely exists. I've never encountered anyone here that I think is an actual computer simulation of a person, though. When we were saying "bots," I thought it was referring to living, breathing human beings who posted & responded like robots; that is, without any independent thought but only pre-fab party-line talking points, without a breadth of emotions, and without a moral compass. That's certainly here. Posters that are actual AI simulations would surprise me. But I'm a Luddite.

Jen

Senator
That AI definitely exists. I've never encountered anyone here that I think is an actual computer simulation of a person, though. When we were saying "bots," I thought it was referring to living, breathing human beings who posted & responded like robots; that is, without any independent thought but only pre-fab party-line talking points, without a breadth of emotions, and without a moral compass. That's certainly here. Posters that are actual AI simulations would surprise me. But I'm a Luddite.
Yes. There are plenty of people..........people........here that don't think very deeply, that march to party line and take their opinion from whoever they think is in charge.

I'm sure the AI type of bot is possible, I'm just not sure if it's on a lowly forum.

Jen

Senator
It doesn't matter who or what they are - Days is correct over the effect they have had over years and still have in blocking off the peoples' real debate.
He is correct in that for certain.

When a good thread for debate starts..............it's certain people who come in and hijack it, change the subject, or make it so horrible that it has to be closed by the moderators. It's no accident. They sabotage good debate when they know the conclusions won't be to their liking.

Anyone who says that doesn't happen is lying.

Those people (the hijackers) put out OP's with premises that simply aren't true and anyone who responds to that false premise is hounded and bullied and badgered and sometimes followed around the board with harassment.

As a result, we have Lefty posts that are barely responded to because they are the false premise posts. And we have Righty posts that are destroyed.

@Days was absolutely right when he said that there really can be no good discussion. Personally, I go elsewhere for discussion. I come here to feed the trolls. I love this board and I wish it was different, but that's the way it is.

I do not blame the moderators. @PhilFish , @bdtex , and @connieb do a great job. I don't blame the owner. @SW48 shouldn't be expected to fix what is wrong.

I blame the trollish posters who come here just to ruin a good board. All the rest of us can do is either feed the trolls or leave.

Days

Commentator
He is correct in that for certain.

When a good thread for debate starts..............it's certain people who come in and hijack it, change the subject, or make it so horrible that it has to be closed by the moderators. It's no accident. They sabotage good debate when they know the conclusions won't be to their liking.

Anyone who says that doesn't happen is lying.

Those people (the hijackers) put out OP's with premises that simply aren't true and anyone who responds to that false premise is hounded and bullied and badgered and sometimes followed around the board with harassment.

As a result, we have Lefty posts that are barely responded to because they are the false premise posts. And we have Righty posts that are destroyed.

@Days was absolutely right when he said that there really can be no good discussion. Personally, I go elsewhere for discussion. I come here to feed the trolls. I love this board and I wish it was different, but that's the way it is.

I do not blame the moderators. @PhilFish , @bdtex , and @connieb do a great job. I don't blame the owner. @SW48 shouldn't be expected to fix what is wrong.

I blame the trollish posters who come here just to ruin a good board. All the rest of us can do is either feed the trolls or leave.
yeah, it doesn't really matter if it is a bot, programmed to threadjack, or a troll, who has learned to threadjack... the result is the same: discussion killed... on purpose. And I'm not firing from the left or right, the point isn't this side or that side is to blame, the point is... debate is stymied.

The political parties have marching orders and that seems to be the goal... kill debate before it gets started. This board reminds me of those panels of five they get together for talk shows and one panelist simply outshouts the other four, not trying to win the argument but shut it down and drown it out. So it is no big deal if there is no thread view; because the posters are not into debate anyway.

Jen

Senator
yeah, it doesn't really matter if it is a bot, programmed to threadjack, or a troll, who has learned to threadjack... the result is the same: discussion killed... on purpose. And I'm not firing from the left or right, the point isn't this side or that side is to blame, the point is... debate is stymied.

The political parties have marching orders and that seems to be the goal... kill debate before it gets started. This board reminds me of those panels of five they get together for talk shows and one panelist simply outshouts the other four, not trying to win the argument but shut it down and drown it out. So it is no big deal if there is no thread view; because the posters are not into debate anyway.
From my point of view it's the Lefties that drown out discussion because every discussion I have tried to have has been ruined by them. EVERY discussion.

Lefty may have had a different experience. I can't speak to that. I can only speak to my own experience.

So for me it ends up being a feed the troll scenario. Sometimes that is fun. But it's not anything that is getting anywhere.

From my point of view it's the Lefties that drown out discussion because every discussion I have tried to have has been ruined by them. EVERY discussion.

Lefty may have had a different experience. I can't speak to that. I can only speak to my own experience.

So for me it ends up being a feed the troll scenario. Sometimes that is fun. But it's not anything that is getting anywhere.
I know I don't post much at the mo but when I did and do I had long ago given up expecting a thread to stay on topic and or even relevant - it is too frustrating to expect it might ;)

I think that it is more sinister than mere political parties - there are sinister shadow powers at work - have been for ages.

When we realize that within the war on Syria factions of the mercenary armies ( IS) where hired by single business persons as well as governments - one realises that the war against us will be made by the same sort of parties - those who want us worn out and or stupid.

I've met a few who work from a manual - Days 'bots' are as applicable as a metaphor as they are taken as literal - and after years of arguing with some of his 'bots' where every boring trick is used methodically to trip one up and or wear one out or confuse the conversation and always eventually turn to insults, if Days is right I would be horrified but not totally surprised - because either he is right or these 'bots' have regular brain surgery.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
We all know who they are. They spam the page everyday. Never have I seen anything worthy to be called a top post. We get 20-50 pot shots every day and all they are doing is flooding your platform, dominating the visual aspect of what readers see when they come to PJ.

It's your gig, so you know what you need to let happen. It gets old, posting with them... they spew out the same material over and over, it's like talking to a recording on the phone.
Can you list these bots for me? I don't know all of them. All Lib posters seem that way to me.

Jen

Senator
I know I don't post much at the mo but when I did and do I had long ago given up expecting a thread to stay on topic and or even relevant - it is too frustrating to expect it might ;)
Of course the topic of a thread will wander all over the place. Threaded view helps us follow the topic drift of our choice. Without it we just go with the flow.

What I was addressing though was purposeful hijacking of a thread making it unpostable or worthy of locking. I may have spoken in hyperbole to get my point across, but that does happen quite a bit.

Jen

Senator
I think that it is more sinister than mere political parties - there are sinister shadow powers at work - have been for ages.

When we realize that within the war on Syria factions of the mercenary armies ( IS) where hired by single business persons as well as governments - one realises that the war against us will be made by the same sort of parties - those who want us worn out and or stupid.
You are right, of course. And there are so many plot twists and turns that it is almost impossible to know where good has gone and evil has come or which is which after a while.