• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Sweet Cakes must pay lesbian couple

Jen

Senator
For refusing to make a cake for a lesbian couple, Sweet Cakes Bakery must pay to the tune of $135,000.

What a world the Left has for us where they believe it is right to COMPEL
  • a Jewish bakery to make a Nazi cake.
  • a Black bakery to make a cake for the KKK
  • a Northern or Black baker to make a Confederate Flag cake
  • a Muslim to make a cake for a homosexual wedding
These things will be forced won't they?

Or are those other things "different"?

What a world Leftists have for us indeed.

Boca

Governor
For refusing to make a cake for a lesbian couple, Sweet Cakes Bakery must pay to the tune of $135,000.

It's fascism...how else to explain running a red light and endangering people in Oregon carries a maximum fine of $350.

Not to mention you can go to traffic court before a real judge as opposed to administrative bureaucrat with who knows what sexual proclivities?

it

Barbella

Senator

I think it's a damn shame. I feel sorry for these people, whose lives have been thrown into such turmoil for nothing but two bitches' desire for revenge.

Boca

Governor
I think it's a damn shame. I feel sorry for these people, whose lives have been thrown into such turmoil for nothing but two bitches' desire for revenge.
Wonder if they could sue the state, or at least appeal the decision to a real honest to goodness court?

The "hearing" that was held a llowed only 7 family members of the two women and no cross examination of the wome about the sniffles and distress they suffered.

Libs are big on due process sometimes.

Lukey

Senator
I don't get it - if you're in business to make a cake, why would what it has on it or who it's made for matter? Just bake the damn cake. If you want to use some religious criteria for your business decisions, then you ain't a business anymore - you are a church.

Lukey

Senator
No, you don't. We agree.
Not sure if there was an intended explanation in there but if so, I missed it. If you are in business you simply cannot refuse to serve any class of US citizen. That is discrimination and I'd suggest those who attempt to discriminate be denounced, not held up as some sort of martyr.

Boca

Governor
Not sure if there was an intended explanation in there but if so, I missed it. If you are in business you simply cannot refuse to serve any class of US citizen. That is discrimination and I'd suggest those who attempt to discriminate be denounced, not held up as some sort of martyr.
Yes you missed it. We agree on so manynthings.

All that aside....you don't think those women walked into that bakery by chance do you?

If you go to Sweet Cakes by Melissa dot com you'll find the Bible verse John 3:16 proudly displayed.

They were mostly likely targeted as were Jewish businesss in Germany. Same tactics, different agenda.

worldlymrb

Revenge

That is hard core censorship of ones religious belief and a indisputable violation of bakers 1st amendment right.

That bakery not only has a right to be in contempt of court from that unlawful verdict, but a duty.

Won't belong before leftist jackboots start rounding up priests and true believers of Christ as enemy combatants and domestic terrorist.

Jen

Senator
I don't see any of the above, offering to send the "poor" gal some dough (no pun!).
If someone did offer to send money to help the baker pay the fine.............. do you really think that person would herald it here or anywhere? When I do something like that I just do it. I don't seek praise and I don't broadcast what I've done to help someone.

Jen

Senator
So, Lukey. In ALL of those cases I mentioned in the top post, the person providing the business is obliged to do that service? A Muslim or Jewish deli would be obliged to make pork for a customer.

Shouldn't there even be a question as to whether or not the business was targeted? I guess not.

Yes you missed it. We agree on so manynthings.

All that aside....you don't think those women walked into that bakery by chance do you?

If you go to Sweet Cakes by Melissa dot com you'll find the Bible verse John 3:16 proudly displayed.

They were mostly likely targeted as were Jewish businesss in Germany. Same tactics, different agenda.
Well said, but the agenda isn't really any different. That's why I say that this pogrom against primarily Jewish and Christian owned businesses is the left's kristallnacht...

Jen

Senator
Well said, but the agenda isn't really any different. That's why I say that this pogrom against primarily Jewish and Christian owned businesses is the left's kristallnacht...
The Left is no longer "Liberals". The Left is Marxist. We are in deep trouble and people won't admit it or allow themselves to realize it. Maybe the GOP we have in DC are complicit, but nobody's doing anything to stop the march toward Marxism.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
So, Lukey. In ALL of those cases I mentioned in the top post, the person providing the business is obliged to do that service? A Muslim or Jewish deli would be obliged to make pork for a customer.

Shouldn't there even be a question as to whether or not the business was targeted? I guess not.
How often has this been explained?

Kosher and Halal outlets do not sell pork. If they did sell pork...they would have to sell it to everyone. They could not discriminate as to who they sold pork to...if they sold pork. They do not. They cannot be forced to sell...what they do not sell.

Bakeries sell cakes. They cannot discriminate as to who they sell a cake to. Messages fall into a different category...and are not covered by anti discrimination laws.

The Left is no longer "Liberals". The Left is Marxist. We are in deep trouble and people won't admit it or allow themselves to realize it. Maybe the GOP we have in DC are complicit, but nobody's doing anything to stop the march toward Marxism.
I would say they are more fascist than anything else at this point, at least the progreSSive wing of the left are. Think about what happens to college professors, DNC employees, union members, school teachers and journalists who deviate even slightly from the party line. The suppression of free speech and other civil rights by the left is unprecedented.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator
How often has this been explained?

Kosher and Halal outlets do not sell pork. If they did sell pork...they would have to sell it to everyone. They could not discriminate as to who they sold pork to...if they sold pork. They do not. They cannot be forced to sell...what they do not sell.

Bakeries sell cakes. They cannot discriminate as to who they sell a cake to. Messages fall into a different category...and are not covered by anti discrimination laws.
That bakery did NOT refuse to sell the Lesbian couple a cake.
It only refused to put a specific "message" on the cake. If what you are saying is true then the Lesbians should not have won the lawsuit.

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
That bakery did NOT refuse to sell the Lesbian couple a cake.
It only refused to put a specific "message" on the cake. If what you are saying is true then the Lesbians should not have won the lawsuit.
No. They refused to sell a cake.

Boca

Governor
I'm confused. If messages are not covered and the bakery refused the message inherent in a wedding cake, but would bake them a double or triple tired white frosted cake, why is it costing them their business?

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I'm confused. If messages are not covered and the bakery refused the message inherent in a wedding cake, but would bake them a double or triple tired white frosted cake, why is it costing them their business?

Inherent
messages don't matter.

They refused to sell a cake based on their sexual orientation. That is against Oregon law. State's rights, you know...

...Monday, under the Oregon’s Equality Act of 2007, the Bureau has officially found the Kleins guilty of discrimination. They must pay $150,000.

The act prohibits discrimination in place of public accommodation. Except for special treatment of those over 50 (basically, senior citizen discounts), the law covers everyone of every orientation.

…all persons within the jurisdiction of this state are entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities and privileges of any place of public accommodation, without any distinction, discrimination or restriction on account of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age if the individual is 18 years of age or older...

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/248287-cakes-oregon-charges-baking-couple-150k-refusing-bake-cake-gay-wedding/