• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Take a moment if nothing else and remember what Memorial Day is about

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
it's not just a 3 day summer vacation:

Thanks, Dawg, nice song/tribute. I should add also, thank you for your service!

Norman Schwarzkopf
"It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."

Last edited:

freyasman

Senator
Walked into the gym this morning at 4:45am..... forgot it was Memorial day until I realized I was the only one there. By 5 after 5, I was doing squats.... breathe in, hold, down with the bar on my shoulders, then drive the hips up and exhale; "Fvck you....", and look at myself in the mirror behind the squat rack, wearing one of my old PT t-shirts that has "ARMY" across the front.
Then bench press, deadlifts, and finish up by hitting the big tire with my sledgehammers 100 times. Changed clothes, climbed on my Harley and went on about my day.

Today is to remember those that are gone, huh?

I'm still here.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
it's not just a 3 day summer vacation
It's not the same as Veteran's Day either. Spent the last month reading about the Civil War battles at The Wilderness and Spotsylvania. Savage combat. Lotta KIAs and soldiers who died later from their wounds. Visited several sites at the Port Hudson battlefield last month. Wish I was at Port Hudson National Cemetery today.

2017-03-23 16.48.51.jpg