• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ten months until the election, how about a little attention to Europe now.

lilly

Council Member
If they don't make the right moves financially soon, we are going to be dust no matter what person gets the job of President.

Hope General Discussion is right for this.

G

Greenridgeman

You know, a good Eurpean war might work again.

GOUSA to the rescue thing.

We are headed where Europe is, people have to learn to support themselves, not count on government skimming the productive, because government always steals too much off the top to deliver on its promises.

G

Greenridgeman

Oh, care for a cookie, chocolate chip and pecan.

lilly

Council Member
I'm even surprised that this soon we are beginning to see the light.

Of course I can understand how the Europeans feel that each country should fend for themselves but if they don't help each other and all of Europe goes under, where does that get them.

We had to bail out the banks, something we all hated to do but that and saving the auto industry kept us from a depression.

G

Greenridgeman

Gee lilly, I think we are in a depression.

I surely don't trust the book-keepers.

To me a depression is a severe reduction in the exchange of goods and services.

With the unemployment rate what it is, and property transactions stalled everywhere, if it ain't a depression I do not know what it is.

But, I can shoot and grow what I need to eat, I will not starve or beg.

lilly

Council Member
More money was spent by Americans over this holiday season than in years, it's not very bright in some ways but many have the money and spending does help the economy. So I will have to disagree, we are not in a full blown depression yet.

You are smart that your gardening can take care of some of your needs.

G

Greenridgeman

Well, like many, I spent too much last year.

Unlike many, and Europe, and the GOUSA, I will suck it up, stay close to home, work my arse off, grow some vegetables, make some money, and pay off 2011 in 2012. I will not be as free with the credit card this year, for sure.