• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Texas Gun Nutters who blamed immigrants actually shot each other, cops say

Boca

Governor
[QUOTE="Baz Ares, post: 1820345, member: 25939"
Complete with the stupid white hat.

But it was a lie, according to police and, now, a grand jury. Investigators determined that guides Walker Daughetry and Michael Bryant in fact shot at one another by accident, striking Daughetry and hunter Edwin Roberts in the process. Daughetry and Bryant were indicted for third-degree felonies
[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to figure out what a 3rd degree felony accident is?

Baz Ares

Eradicating ALT-Facts!

But it was a lie, according to police and, now, a grand jury. Investigators determined that guides Walker Daughetry and Michael Bryant in fact shot at one another by accident, striking Daughetry and hunter Edwin Roberts in the process. Daughetry and Bryant were indicted for third-degree felonies
I'm trying to figure out what a 3rd-degree felony accident is?[/QUOTE]

Seem is texASS you can get the 3rd-degree felony, the suspects here who is a convicted felon, is being charged with illegal possession of a firearm, a 3rd degree felony.

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/local-news/tpwd-says-convicted-felon-shot-himself-in-the-foot-in-hunting-accident/304198743

Baz Ares

Eradicating ALT-Facts!
:)As for DumbSteer and DumberSteer gun nutters.:);):D

Michael Bryant and WalkerDaughetry were indicted by a grand jury on ... discharging firearms in the direction of others, a 3rd Degree Felony. ... 6 incident where police found Daugherty and another hunter, Edwin Roberts, with gunshot wounds.http://wset.com/news/nation-world/hunters-charged-in-texas-shooting-had-blamed-immigrants-02-19-2017

PRESIDIO COUNTY -- Two hunting guides have been charged in connection to a shooting that took place at a Presidio County ranch in January.

According to Presidio County Sheriff Danny Dominguez, both Michael Bryant and Walker Daughetry were indicted by a grand jury on Wednesday for one charge each of using deadly conduct by discharging firearms in the direction of others, a 3rd Degree Felony.

Sheriff Dominguez tells CBS 7 that arrest warrants for both Bryant and Daughetry have been issued, though as of Wednesday afternoon they had not been taken into custody.

On Jan. 6th, a deputy with the Presidio County Sheriff's Office responded to a shooting at the Circle Dug Ranch.

When he arrived on scene, he found Daughetry and their client Edwin Roberts with gunshot wounds.

Both Daughetry and his fiancee claimed to have seen illegal immigrants from Mexico on the property before, and believe the shooters came from across the border.

After the shooting, a GoFundMe page was started for Daughetry's medical bills which garnered over $20,000.

According to Sheriff Dominguez, an investigation into the shooting showed that Daughetry shot Roberts and that Bryant had shot Daughetry.

You can find our previous story on the investigation here.

freyasman

Senator

I'm trying to figure out what a 3rd degree felony accident is?[/QUOTE]
Lying on a police report probably....

Baz Ares

Eradicating ALT-Facts!
I'm trying to figure out what a 3rd degree felony accident is?
Lying on a police report probably....[/QUOTE]

I would say so too. But

A wide range of behavior is criminalized as “disorderly conduct” in Texas if it takes ... It is also considered disorderly conduct if someone “for a lewd or unlawful ... or other deadly weapon, and convictions resulting from discharging a firearm on ... as a third-degree felony if a court finds you knowingly discharged a firearm at or ...

Texas Penal Code § 22.05.
a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly engages in conduct that places another in imminent danger of serious bodily injury.

(b) A person commits an offense if he knowingly discharges a firearm at or in the direction of:

(1) one or more individuals; or

(2) a habitation, building, or vehicle and is reckless as to whether the habitation, building, or vehicle is occupied.

(c) Recklessness and danger are presumed if the actor knowingly pointed a firearm at or in the direction of another whether or not the actor believed the firearm to be loaded.

(d) For purposes of this section, “building,” “habitation,” and “vehicle” have the meanings assigned those terms by Section 30.01.

(e) An offense under Subsection (a) is a Class A misdemeanor. An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the third degree.

- See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-22-05.html#sthash.V77tCQuo.dpuf

freyasman

Senator
Lying on a police report probably....
I would say so too. But

A wide range of behavior is criminalized as “disorderly conduct” in Texas if it takes ... It is also considered disorderly conduct if someone “for a lewd or unlawful ... or other deadly weapon, and convictions resulting from discharging a firearm on ... as a third-degree felony if a court finds you knowingly discharged a firearm at or ...

a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly engages in conduct that places another in imminent danger of serious bodily injury.

(b) A person commits an offense if he knowingly discharges a firearm at or in the direction of:

(2) a habitation, building, or vehicle and is reckless as to whether the habitation, building, or vehicle is occupied.

(c) Recklessness and danger are presumed if the actor knowingly pointed a firearm at or in the direction of another whether or not the actor believed the firearm to be loaded.

(d) For purposes of this section, “building,” “habitation,” and “vehicle” have the meanings assigned those terms by Section 30.01.

(e) An offense under Subsection (a) is a Class A misdemeanor. An offense under Subsection (b) is a felony of the third degree.

- See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-22-05.html#sthash.V77tCQuo.dpuf[/QUOTE]
Okay..... and? So what?

Boca

Governor
I would say so too. But

- See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-22-05.html#sthash.V77tCQuo.dpuf

That sounds reasonable but a prosecutor would have a hard time convicting two hunting guides out in field of recklessly pointing guns at each other an pulling the trigger.

I'll go with the police report, except that the client who was shot wasn't charged for having his "story" straight". That doesn't make much sense?

I gotta think there's a little bit more to it..... sort of smells.

freyasman

Senator
That sounds reasonable but a prosecutor would have a hard time convicting two hunting guides out in field of recklessly pointing guns at each other an pulling the trigger.

I'll go with the police report, except that the client who was shot wasn't charged for having his "story" straight". That doesn't make much sense?

I gotta think there's a little bit more to it..... sort of smells.
Who cares? Either way, they're out of business.... nobody is going to book a hunt with these guys anytime soon.

Boca

Governor
Who cares? Either way, they're out of business.... nobody is going to book a hunt with these guys anytime soon.
Well according to Baz's post above which I hadn't seen before the 3rd degree felony was for "discharging firearms in the direction of others". Like I said, that could be a tough sell to a jury.

I'm assuming there is forensic ballistic evidence though which would close the deal.

freyasman

Senator
Well according to Baz's post above which I hadn't seen before the 3rd degree felony was for "discharging firearms in the direction of others". Like I said, that could be a tough sell to a jury.

I'm assuming there is forensic ballistic evidence though which would close the deal.
It will get pled down to a misdemeanor because their lawyer will argue that they need to be able to handle firearms as part of their business, and that is their livliehood, and the judge will not give a shit, so they will probably just get a fine and some community service. And then they will lose their business anyway, because nobody is going to book a hunt with a guide like this.