• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Texas official’s “solution” for school shootings: “door control”

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Ok, so you advocate for no ideas...just open doors all around
Is that what that means? He disagrees with one idea and therefore against all ideas?

I went to a high school with 9 buildings. Of the 9 there were four where classes were taught, a gym, pool, cafeteria, admin and maint/furnace etc...Think of the number of doors.

Not all schools are two or three doors and only used in the morning to get to homeroom.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Is that what that means? He disagrees with one idea and therefore against all ideas?

I went to a high school with 9 buildings. Of the 9 there were four where classes were taught, a gym, pool, cafeteria, admin and maint/furnace etc...Think of the number of doors.

Not all schools are two or three doors and only used in the morning to get to homeroom.
Indeed. My main objection here is that it’s lip service.

Bugsy McGurk

President
So tell us just what type of gun control do you think would work?
We could have a long discussion about specific gun control measures and I suspect you would just oppose them all.

So let’s cut to the chase - I would like severe gun control measures, and you disagree.

True?

Fins

Fray Terror
We could have a long discussion about specific gun control measures and I suspect you would just oppose them all.

So let’s cut to the chase - I would like severe gun control measures, and you disagree.

True?
Again, not an answer.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Er yes. And if that one door were guarded? Not appropriate as far as security goes?
Are you thinking of a man trap? So let's say it is just a door with a metal detector and one cop...the shooter kills the cop first. Two cops, one behind sand bags?

In case you've never seen one, a man trap would be two doors with the first opening while the second is locked...the first one locks behind the person entering and the second door opens....meanwhile the person is scanned for explosives and metal....sounds good. Would probably take half a day for all students to enter....