• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

thanks to the help of fellow posters, we now know the US was engaged in the Covid fight much earlier

Bugsy McGurk

President
"once/hundreds years pandemic"

CDC says we have two (2) pandemics presently, COVID-19 & Swine Flu and swine flu isn't "one/hundreds years" it came in 2009 and has never left just as C-19 will remain for years.

Obama tried to CUT CDC funding for 8 years...……..

You always seem uninformed

educate thyself

Crikey. You’re still sticking with the “this is just like a flu” idiocy? I thought all you Trump cultists abandoned that by now.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
China wasn't prepared. I think they lied about the numbers.
ok, but other posters seem to have taken issue with the US sending 16 tons of material there, and canada 17 tons for that matter... of medical equipment to help them fight it. and, well, theres all the news and videos of them building massive hospitals, all those masked citizens, you know all that stuff..

fake you say? i dunno. you seem to know it all..

Spamature

President
ok, but other posters seem to have taken issue with the US sending 16 tons of material there, and canada 17 tons for that matter... of medical equipment to help them fight it. and, well, theres all the news and videos of them building massive hospitals, all those masked citizens, you know all that stuff..

fake you say? i dunno. you seem to know it all..
By lying I mean I think they downplayed the numbers of deaths from this virus.

I think they had more than they owned up.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
By lying I mean I think they downplayed the numbers of deaths from this virus.

I think they had more than they owned up.
they likely did... they have some 1.5 billion people living in close quarters...given what we know..it stands to reason...there are more.. meanwhile...to say they didnt attemt to tackle it on a scale we certinly cant seem to..given we saw it with our own eyes.. seems inappropriate.

Spamature

President
they likely did... they have some 1.5 billion people living in close quarters...given what we know..it stands to reason...there are more.. meanwhile...to say they didnt attemt to tackle it on a scale we certinly cant seem to..given we saw it with our own eyes.. seems inappropriate.
But that the whole point. It was something new that no one had ever seen. So they didn't even know what was causing the illness. They had to discover the virus. We saw all of that unfolding and didn't prepare for it as we should have here , acting as if it isn't coming at us at full force.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
But that the whole point. It was something new that no one had ever seen. So they didn't even know what was causing the illness. They had to discover the virus. We saw all of that unfolding and didn't prepare for it as we should have here , acting as if it isn't coming at us at full force.
at the time it wasnt. but, point taken.

excalibur

Mayor

Due to having different receptors and other characteristics, the novel coronavirus isn't able to replicate inside eggs the way flu viruses can, Nicholls said.

Even beyond the immediate problem of the coronavirus, US officials have been pushing for non-egg alternatives in recent years.

US President Donald Trump signed an executive order last September requiring health agencies to expand the use of alternative production methods.

The US keeps millions of chickens in secret farms to make flu vaccines. But their eggs won't work for coronavirus

excalibur

Mayor
On January 29, 2020, in the midst of fauxpeachment, President Trump formed a task force.

On January 31, 2020, in the midst of fauxpeachment, President Trump declared a public health emergency.

Shortly thereafter, in the midst of fauxpeachment, he instituted the China travel ban.

What were the states doing? We know what Congress was doing, the House nothing, the Senate tied up with the fauxpeachment trial.

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
lol. my thinking it trum was thinking better there than here.. unfortunately that didnt work out.
Then Why has trump been saying that he knew it was a pandemic from the beginning? You would jump to any conclusions to defend that idiot who doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground

NinaS

Senator
Supporting Member
You would have called him a racist and a xenophobe for closing borders. Democrats and media sure did. Biden still thinks closing borders is a bad idea last time I heard
Do you have any links for the Democrats and the media saying that it was wrong to close the Chinese border? Very doubtful.

Mick

The Right is always right
No quarrel here - Trump sent 17.8 tons of PPE to China early on. No doubt the result of Trump ignorantly thinking the epidemic wouldn’t strike here, leading to interviews with our own medical workers, crying because they don’t have the PPE they need.
Flip-flopping yet AGAIN and now claiming the Trump administration was doing TOO much to contain the outbreak? Bugs Bunny, what are we going to do with you? Your excuses and conspiracies are ever evolving, ever changing, ever contradicting one another.

LOL

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Now you want to compare zoology credentials? You're pathetic Winnie. Just stop.

Here, here's an explanation for all you foist wespondows as to how this disease metastasizes through a society. We truly are exceptional, look at us go.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-26/coronavirus-covid19-global-spread-data-explained/12089028
Hey genius the bull and bear are stock market terms, the iguana and you share an evolutionary niche on a dead limb.

If it ever happens please see that all of your offspring are aborted