• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The 1%ers now worth nearly as much as the entire middle class

The wealth gap has been soaring for decades - no real news there. GOP policies have shifted more and more wealth from the middle class to the ultra wealthy over the last few decades.

Well, it’s truly reaching ridiculous levels - the 1%ers now hold wealth nearly equal to the wealth held by the entire American middle class. Yet somehow, GOP voters have been brainwashed into supporting that, and they have even been brainwashed into supporting GOP policies that will make the wealth gap larger still.

Amazing...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-09/one-percenters-close-to-surpassing-wealth-of-u-s-middle-class?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenews
So what? Where did anybody get the idea that one's earnings are the government's responsibility, or business?
Where did anybody get the idea that one's earnings are up for somebody to judge?

Bugsy McGurk

President
So what? Where did anybody get the idea that one's earnings are the government's responsibility, or business?
Where did anybody get the idea that one's earnings are up for somebody to judge?
By definition, earnings are the government’s business. The government adopts the tax code.

Hello?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
The wealth gap has been soaring for decades - no real news there. GOP policies have shifted more and more wealth from the middle class to the ultra wealthy over the last few decades.

Well, it’s truly reaching ridiculous levels - the 1%ers now hold wealth nearly equal to the wealth held by the entire American middle class. Yet somehow, GOP voters have been brainwashed into supporting that, and they have even been brainwashed into supporting GOP policies that will make the wealth gap larger still.

Amazing...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-09/one-percenters-close-to-surpassing-wealth-of-u-s-middle-class?utm_campaign=news&utm_medium=bd&utm_source=applenews
Here we have a typical Democrat Marxist conflating a person’s “worth” with a person’s wealth. Yep...these dialectical-materialist swine are a dime a dozen. Little wonder that normal people ignore such most of the time.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Here we have a typical Democrat Marxist conflating a person’s “worth” with a person’s wealth. Yep...these dialectical-materialist swine are a dime a dozen. Little wonder that normal people ignore such most of the time.
Translation: I decline to comment on the policy question you raise. I am limited to hurling my idiotic insults. I’m boring and worthless.

;-)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Translation: I decline to comment on the policy question you raise. I am limited to hurling my idiotic insults. I’m boring and worthless.

;-)

Gentlemen. The Marquis of Queensbury iffn you please..

D

Deleted member 21794

The govt has cut taxes on the 1%. Then it turned around and borrowed 1/3rd of our current $23 trillion debt from the 1%, and another 1/3rd of the debt from the worker's govt pension plans, and another 1/3rd from foreign govts, all to cover the shortfall.

So now the govt pays almost $500 billion a year in interest on on that borrowing. Only thing is it's the 1% and the foreign govts who sees a return from their investment. While the workers get told every year at some point the govt will have to default on their portion this investment and cut payments from the pension system.

The right calls the govt pension plan a ponzi scheme. But thanks to penchant for tax cuts it turned into an embezzlement scheme with workers as the victims. As long as you righties keep singing your tunes from their hymn books they'll get away with the caper.
The government cut taxes only on the one percent? Why are you so dishonest?

D

Deleted member 21794

I’m not lambasting anybody. It’s a policy question.

You seem to be content with our current policies, especially tax policies, that make the wealth gap wider day by day. Would you not like to see revised tax laws that cut your taxes by placing a larger share of the overall tax burden on the 1%ers?
You said to me presenting tax policy ideas is a dodge. Now here you are presenting a tax policy idea. Why the sudden change of heart?

By definition, earnings are the government’s business. The government adopts the tax code.

Hello?
Taxes have nothing to do with how much people should be allowed to earn or why they should be concerned with fixing a "wealth gap". Hello?????
There is no rational for the government to determine how much income anyone should have, or not have.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Taxes have nothing to do with how much people should be allowed to earn or why they should be concerned with fixing a "wealth gap". Hello?????
There is no rational for the government to determine how much income anyone should have, or not have.
Your brainwashing blinds you to a truism - by their very nature, tax laws adjust wealth. That’s the very nature of taxation. The only issue is what that tax policy should be. You seem to have no problem with the tax policies that shifted so much wealth upward, but you do have a problem with the notion that such policies should be adjusted to shift some of that wealth back downward. You don’t even offer a clue as to why you think your opposition is good policy.

Your brainwashing blinds you to a truism - by their very nature, tax laws adjust wealth. That’s the very nature of taxation. The only issue is what that tax policy should be. You seem to have no problem with the tax policies that shifted so much wealth upward, but you do have a problem with the notion that such policies should be adjusted to shift some of that wealth back downward. You don’t even offer a clue as to why you think your opposition is good policy.
LOL You are avoiding my question. Your topic is the "wealth gap" and the fact that it is growing. So what? If a man's wealth continues to grow legally, whose business is it? I say nobody's, and certainly not the government's. That has nothing to do with taxes.

Bugsy McGurk

President
LOL You are avoiding my question. Your topic is the "wealth gap" and the fact that it is growing. So what? If a man's wealth continues to grow legally, whose business is it? I say nobody's, and certainly not the government's. That has nothing to do with taxes.
Of course I’m avoiding your “topic.” I have posed the actual question in this thread, which is my topic. You evade my topic, and provide nothing but off-topic ideological blather which ignores a truism - that tax policies affect wealth.

Of course I’m avoiding your “topic.” I have posed the actual question in this thread, which is my topic. You evade my topic, and provide nothing but off-topic ideological blather which ignores a truism - that tax policies affect wealth.
You aren't answering my question because you can't. Your question is really irrelevant to the posted topic. Nice try, Bugs.

Bugsy McGurk

President
You aren't answering my question because you can't. Your question is really irrelevant to the posted topic. Nice try, Bugs.
Sure I did, as idiotic and rhetorical as your “question” was. Your position that wealth is not the government’s business, when tax policy by its very nature affects wealth, is obviously asinine.

And again, you have no problem when tax policy shifts wealth upward, but you rant when it’s proposed that a revised tax policy should shift some of that wealth back downward. And you can provide nothing supporting your ludicrous position.