• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The best choice for GOP candidate 2016

Jen

Senator
Leftism/Liberalism/ Democratism.............. is outing itself to be dishonest, manipulative, and just dangerous for America. The Democrat inability to call terrorism what it is and its insistence on calling it anything but what it is is wearing on the nerves of every normal American. Beheadings and massacres are not simple workplace violence. Those acts are being performed by militant terrorists of Islam. There is a growing branch of Islam that is intent on bringing about an apocalyptic end of time scenario. It doesn't represent all of Islam, but it does represent original Islam. To deny that is to deny truth. And our present leaders are not able to speak truth but instead offer up excuses for the reprehensible actions of the Islamic Terrorists.

Americans are becoming fed up with the memes offered by Democrats. We do NOT need to find jobs for those terrorists. They have a job. Terrorist is their occupation of choice. We do NOT need to understand why they do what they do. It doesn't matter why they do it. It needs to be stopped. The meme that "we can't kill all the terrorists so why try" is a foolish one. Mentioning that Christians in the Crusades also killed or that Timothy McVeigh was a Christian [was he?] so Christians are also at fault, is just about as stupid an excuse as anyone can make. The talking points of Democrats are failing miserably.

In all areas of life, the Leftists meme fails.

So the Republicans (unless the GOP is complicit with the Progressive Leftists) need to stand up and offer something different. Offering a Democrat Lite candidate (Romney, Bob Dole of the past, Christie, Bush this time around) is not the way to go. A real conservative needs to be the candidate. Possibilities that I see are Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, Scott Walker and possibly even Rand Paul if we want to embrace Libertarianism.

I don't see a moderate Republican as being a good choice at a time when Leftism is being outed as just plain wrong for our country.

[this has been an opinion piece]

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Leftism/Liberalism/ Democratism.............. is outing itself to be dishonest, manipulative, and just dangerous for America. The Democrat inability to call terrorism what it is and its insistence on calling it anything but what it is is wearing on the nerves of every normal American. Beheadings and massacres are not simple workplace violence. Those acts are being performed by militant terrorists of Islam. There is a growing branch of Islam that is intent on bringing about an apocalyptic end of time scenario. It doesn't represent all of Islam, but it does represent original Islam. To deny that is to deny truth. And our present leaders are not able to speak truth but instead offer up excuses for the reprehensible actions of the Islamic Terrorists.

Americans are becoming fed up with the memes offered by Democrats. We do NOT need to find jobs for those terrorists. They have a job. Terrorist is their occupation of choice. We do NOT need to understand why they do what they do. It doesn't matter why they do it. It needs to be stopped. The meme that "we can't kill all the terrorists so why try" is a foolish one. Mentioning that Christians in the Crusades also killed or that Timothy McVeigh was a Christian [was he?] so Christians are also at fault, is just about as stupid an excuse as anyone can make. The talking points of Democrats are failing miserably.

So the Republicans (unless the GOP is complicit with the Progressive Leftists) need to stand up and offer something different. Offering a Democrat Lite candidate (Romney, Bob Dole of the past, Christie, Bush this time around) is not the way to go. A real conservative needs to be the candidate. Possibilities that I see are Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Ben Carson, Scott Walker and possibly even Rand Paul if we want to embrace Libertarianism.

I don't see a moderate Republican as being a good choice at a time when Leftism is being outed as just plain wrong for our country.

You forgot Santorum,Huckabee and Rick Perry. If Rubio,Cruz,Carson,Walker or Paul get nominated and don't win,you've got some explaining to do.

Jen

Senator
You forgot Santorum,Huckabee and Rick Perry. If Rubio,Cruz,Carson,Walker or Paul get nominated and don't win,you've got some explaining to do.
I didn't "forget" but there is a limit to how far it is wise to go. I believe that Santorum and Huckabee are a tad too far (as would be Michelle Bachman if she chose to run again). Paul was my token winger.
But nope............ I have no explaining to do either way. You seem not to understand that I am not in charge. If I were, THEN I would have 'splainin' to do if my suggestion wasn't carried out. I have stated what I think would be the best choice for the GOP. What's to explain about that if the GOP doesn't choose the best choice ?

Fast Eddy

Mayor
Huckabee is a progressive and likes common core and is leaning on immigration, he is off my list.

Any of said mentioned Republicans would work very well and would beat the clown candidate offered by the loony crats. Who couldn't beat a drunk communist that is a lesbian and had an illegitimate kid by way of Web Hubble. She never accomplished a thing in the State Department, but she sure screwed up Benghazi. That's what they have to beat, not a problem.

Jen

Senator
Huckabee is a progressive and likes common core and is leaning on immigration, he is off my list.

Any of said mentioned Republicans would work very well and would beat the clown candidate offered by the loony crats. Who couldn't beat a drunk communist that is a lesbian and had an illegitimate kid by way of Web Hubble. She never accomplished a thing in the State Department, but she sure screwed up Benghazi. That's what they have to beat, not a problem.
The truth will never change a Leftist's mind. I wish they would wise up.

Z

zzigzzag

A comprehensive synopsis of Sean and Rush's talking points for the week leading up to CPAC. I don't think you missed anything. You must have taken notes. No one could come up with all of those stupid memes by coincidence.

Let's see:

People won't use the exact words you want them to. Check.

Democrats want to find terrorists jobs. Check

The Crusades. Check

"The meme that 'we can't kill all the terrorists so why try' " Stupid lie....check.

"I don't see a moderate Republican as being a good choice at a time when Leftism is being outed as just plain wrong for our country." Sean and Rush every day....check.

(Loved the little note alerting us that you had parroted echo chamber talking points. No shit. How about a heads up the day you post an original thought or a fact?)

Last edited by a moderator:
rubio and cruz are about as untested and uknown as obama was, in 2008. ben carson tells us his political talking points come from god, in dreams. rand paul keeps changing his story.

scott walker remains on my short list.

Arkady

President

Given the dramatic successes of the Obama era (and the Clinton era before that), and the abject failure of the Bush era, I'd think Republicans would be looking for a candidate who'd be more to the Obama/Clinton end of the spectrum, rather than the Bush end of the spectrum.

As a reminder, during the Obama and Clinton years, unemployment and deficits fell, no recessions began, stock values rose, murder rates fell dramatically, the percentage of Americans covered by health insurance rose, and US approval ratings abroad improved. In the Obama years, we also have enjoyed falling incarceration rates, falling consumer debt levels, record-low interest rates, near-record-low inflation, we killed Bin Laden and we have gone without any major terrorist attacks on US interests. And in the Clinton years we also had dramatic income growth, poverty decline, and the longest economic growth cycle in our history.

Now, compare to how things went for America the last time a conservative was in the Oval Office:

Unemployment and deficits soared, consumer debt rose, stock values dropped, two separate recessions began, we made no significant progress against our murder problem, incarceration rates soared, the percentage of Americans covered by health insurance dropped, our approval ratings abroad collapsed, we suffered the worst terrorist attack in our history, we suffered the worst economic meltdown since the Great Depression, income plummeted, poverty sky-rocketed, New Orleans drowned, we started a catastrophic war on Iraq, etc.

I guess it comes down to how practical-minded a person is. Someone grounded in real-world considerations will focus on what has worked and what has failed when actually put into practice. And so such a person will judge the GOP as having strayed too far to the right, and will be looking for them to remake themselves into a more pragmatic, centrist party, to share in the successes Democrats have had in recent decades. On the other hand, someone isolated in a world of abstract conservative theory, uninformed by real-world happenings, will decide that if only the GOP will charge still farther to the right, things will turn out great.

Last edited:

Colorforms

Senator
Given the dramatic successes of the Obama era (and the Clinton era before that), and the abject failure of the Bush era, I'd think Republicans would be looking for a candidate who'd be more to the Obama/Clinton end of the spectrum, rather than the Bush end of the spectrum.

As a reminder, during the Obama and Clinton years, unemployment and deficits fell, no recessions began, stock values rose, murder rates fell dramatically, the percentage of Americans covered by health insurance rose, and US approval ratings abroad improved. In the Obama years, we also have enjoyed falling incarceration rates, falling consumer debt levels, record-low interest rates, near-record-low inflation, we killed Bin Laden and we have gone without any major terrorist attacks on US interests. And in the Clinton years we also had dramatic income growth, poverty decline, and the longest economic growth cycle in our history.

Now, compare to how things went for America the last time a conservative was in the Oval Office:

Unemployment and deficits soared, consumer debt rose, stock values dropped, two separate recessions began, we made no significant progress against our murder problem, incarceration rates soared, the percentage of Americans covered by health insurance dropped, our approval ratings abroad collapsed, we suffered the worst terrorist attack in our history, we suffered the worst economic meltdown since the Great Depression, income plummeted, poverty sky-rocketed, New Orleans drowned, we started a catastrophic war on Iraq, etc.

I guess it comes down to how practical-minded a person is. Someone grounded in real-world considerations will focus on what has worked and what has failed when actually put into practice. And so such a person will judge the GOP as having strayed too far to the right, and will be looking for them to remake themselves into a more pragmatic, centrist party, to share in the successes Democrats have had in recent decades. On the other hand, someone isolated in a world of abstract conservative theory, uninformed by real-world happenings, will decide that if only the GOP will charge still farther to the right, things will turn out great.
I wonder how many democrats who got voted out of office this last election cycle are wishing they hadn't gone Barry's route in screwing up the nation. :)

S

Sickofleft

A comprehensive synopsis of Sean and Rush's talking points for the week leading up to CPAC. I don't think you missed anything. You must have taken notes. No one could come up with all of those stupid memes by coincidence.

Let's see:

The Crusades. Check

"The meme that 'we can't kill all the terrorists so why try' " Stupid lie....check.

"I don't see a moderate Republican as being a good choice at a time when Leftism is being outed as just plain wrong for our country." Sean and Rush every day....check.

(Loved the little note alerting us that you had parroted echo chamber talking points. No shit. How about a heads up the day you post an original thought or a fact?)

The Crusades. Check

Perfect synopsis on this Presidents foreign policy. Will not call anything what it is unless he is directing at the American people (or the west in general see comments on the crusades). According to Dumb and Dumber at the State Department all ISIS apparently needs is a hug and a job.

Getting back to the "crusades", always talk down to people because you know best and they just don't.

I don't listen to Limbaugh, I don't watch Fox News or MSNBC but I do watch and listen to the this President, his people at State etc. AND THEY SUCK.

THEY JUST ABSOLUTELY SUCK.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

Arkady

President
I wonder how many democrats who got voted out of office this last election cycle are wishing they hadn't gone Barry's route in screwing up the nation. :)
You aren't even attempting to grapple with the demonstrable facts. The nation is considerably less screwed up than when Obama came to office, and the real "screwing up" was during the abysmal presidency of Bush.

Colorforms

Senator
You aren't even attempting to grapple with the demonstrable facts. The nation is considerably less screwed up than when Obama came to office, and the real "screwing up" was during the abysmal presidency of Bush.
Ah, then everyone loves you guys. Must be the elections that were wrong. :)

Arkady

President
Ah, then everyone loves you guys. Must be the elections that were wrong. :)
As you're surely aware, our elections are mostly decided by a handful of marginally political "undecided" voters, who either show up at the polls or don't, and who sometimes sway from one party to another. They tend to be the least informed voters, in a nation known for low-information voting. Looking for any great wisdom in which way the wind happens to have blown them in a given year is a fool's errand. Conservatives tend to realize that when the wind happens blows the undecideds away from them, but then they conveniently forget when it goes the other way. Those people deciding the election outcomes are mostly ill-informed dimwits, whether they went the way we liked or not.

fairsheet

Senator
Wow that was a lot of whiny words to just say "There is no best choice for GOP candidate. Republicans have no candidate for 2016."
This one's gonna be 2012 all over again. For a party so convinced that they're right and the other party's 100% wrong about EVERYTHING, you'd think they'd have a surfeit of viable candidates. Instead and again....they're desperate for that one illusive candidate who can make some sense and tell THEM what makes sense!

Colorforms

Senator
As you're surely aware, our elections are mostly decided by a handful of marginally political "undecided" voters, who either show up at the polls or don't, and who sometimes sway from one party to another. They tend to be the least informed voters, in a nation known for low-information voting. Looking for any great wisdom in which way the wind happens to have blown them in a given year is a fool's errand. Conservatives tend to realize that when the wind happens blows the undecideds away from them, but then they conveniently forget when it goes the other way. Those people deciding the election outcomes are mostly ill-informed dimwits, whether they went the way we liked or not.
Actually, no. I was not aware of this. Please elaborate on how stupid people put Barry into office, then followed him up with republicans. :)

Jen

Senator

Dramatic successes of the Obama era?
Unless you approve and our applaud on our slide into Marxism, you don't consider the Obama era anything but a dramatic and abject failure. Our Constitution and our laws have been shredded and corruption reigns. I'm sorry. But I didn't read past your first sentence and don't intend to. You made your position clear. You have the right to be a Marxist and I have the right to reject it.

One more comment though. Bush and Clinton were cut from the same cloth. The main difference between Bush and Obama is that Bush was a Neocon and he was an honest man. Honesty didn't make for a bad president but Neocon led us into a war we shouldn't have had. I can't think of one thing about either Clinton or Obama that is honest.

Zam-Zam

Senator
The right does not appear to have any great candidates. The saving grace is that neither does the left.

We've suffered through at least six years of incompetence now, so we'll likely survive another clueless wonder.

Zoar

Governor
The right does not appear to have any great candidates. The saving grace is that neither does the left.

We've suffered through at least six years of incompetence now, so we'll likely survive another clueless wonder.
You think the long, idiotic and freedom crushing and economy wrecking Bush 8 years were NOT clueless????

Jen

Senator

When I look at the world situation and our situation, I have to think we are at the end of being able to survive clueless wonders. That said, I don't think there is any one person who can successfully dig us out of the awful place we are in. I am beginning to believe in the Tribulation and if we are in the beginning of the Tribulation, I certainly want to believe in the Rapture. It won't be pretty.