• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The bottom line on Ferguson and Wilson...

Bugsy McGurk

President
After Brown ran away from the police car Wilson had a choice - chase him without shooting him or call for backup.

The "defense" we hear is that, although Brown was unarmed, Wilson (who is also 6'4" BTW) feared Brown physically. That he didn't think he could physically restrain him. If true, let him run. Don't chase him. Get back up. An unacceptable third choice is chasing after and shooting an unarmed man. And having made that choice, Wilson broke the law.

It's that simple.

BRU

Mayor
right because you should just let a man go that just robbed a store, attacked an innocent store owner; attacked a police officer, and grabbed a police officers gun . It's not like he was a danger to society, no not at all..... It was his DUTY to give chase. What is it with you dumb ass [Unwelcome language removed] people? I swear to god your brains are wired wrong, I don't know what else could explain the stupidity. o_O

RickWA

Snagglesooth
right because you should just let a man go that just robbed a store, attacked an innocent store owner; attacked a police officer, and grabbed a police officers gun . It's not like he was a danger to society, no not at all..... It was his DUTY to give chase. What is it with you dumb ass [Unwelcome language removed] people? I swear to god your brains are wired wrong, I don't know what else could explain the stupidity. o_O
Some folks are so heavily invested that they have no choice but to do this sort of thing. We'd best just shake our heads and walk away.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I didn't say he couldn't give chase. I said he couldn't give chase if he was afraid to do so without shooting an unarmed man. If he truly feared the unarmed man physically, even though he's also a very large man, getting back up was the only permissible course. Chasing and shooting an unarmed man was unlawful.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Some folks are so heavily invested that they have no choice but to do this sort of thing. We'd best just shake our heads and walk away.
Why don't you challenge yourself and do something besides mindlessly ditto?

Argue against positions if you disagree with them. Be man enough to do it directly - not by dittoing.

Try to elevate your game.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Why don't you challenge yourself and do something besides mindlessly ditto?

Argue against positions if you disagree with them. Be man enough to do it directly - not by dittoing.

Try to elevate your game.
There's no point in arguing with loons. Brown had nearly a hundred pounds on Wilson. You fixate on height - and alternately vacillate between untruths about how the shooting occurred and why mace was not deployed while the cop is assaulted in his squad car.

Forget it. You aren't stable.

Bugsy McGurk

President
There's no point in arguing with loons. Brown had nearly a hundred pounds on Wilson. You fixate on height - and alternately vacillate between untruths about how the shooting occurred and why mace was not deployed while the cop is assaulted in his squad car.

Forget it. You aren't stable.
You're too busy dittoing to read and think.

My post assumes that Wilson feared Brown physically for sake of argument in laying out lawful options.

Try to focus on what I said, if possible.

BRU

Mayor
I didn't say he couldn't give chase. I said he couldn't give chase if he was afraid to do so without shooting an unarmed man. If he truly feared the unarmed man physically, even though he's also a very large man, getting back up was the only permissible course. Chasing and shooting an unarmed man was unlawful.
he did request back up dumb shit. The whole thing took 90 SECONDS and he was not even sure he was unarmed at that time, which is irrelevant anyway. He attacked a police officer he punched him in the face before he ever got out of his squad car then grabbed his weapon. He did his [Unwelcome language removed] job . Why do you hate cops and love thugs? Oh that's right you're a peace loving liberal.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
You're too busy dittoing to read and think.

My post assumes that Wilson feared Brown physically for sake of argument in laying out lawful options.

Try to focus on what I said, if possible.
Hence my exact reference to height fixation despite the ~ 100 lb weight delta. Forget it, Bugs. Folks answer your questions and you say they don't. Folks respond down to the precise syllable regarding what you write and you say that they are off topic.

You always post in bad faith. You discuss nothing. You are a simple online gadfly and that is it. I'll leave you to prattle and badger others who don't mind having their time wasted.

Bugsy McGurk

President
he did request back up dumb shit. The whole thing took 90 SECONDS and he was not even sure he was unarmed at that time, which is irrelevant anyway. He attacked a police officer he punched him in the face before he ever got out of his squad car then grabbed his weapon. He did his [Unwelcome language removed] job . Why do you hate cops and love thugs? Oh that's right you're a peace loving liberal.
I'm trying to get you to focus and think, instead of ranting.

The point is that he should have waited for the backup if he truly feared Brown physically. Chasing Brown with his only option being shooting an unarmed man was the unlawful choice he made.

This is America. Shooting unarmed people is not OK here.

BRU

Mayor
I'm trying to get you to focus and think, instead of ranting.

The point is that he should have waited for the backup if he truly feared Brown physically. Chasing Brown with his only option being shooting an unarmed man was the unlawful choice he made.

This is America. Shooting unarmed people is not OK here.
wrong; a cop KNOWS he will put his life on the line. Cops don't pussy out because they FEAR the criminal. GET IT? He did nothing unlawful, the laws are clear and he acted within the law.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Hence my exact reference to height fixation despite the ~ 100 lb weight delta. Forget it, Bugs. Folks answer your questions and you say they don't. Folks respond down to the precise syllable regarding what you write and you say that they are off topic.

You always post in bad faith. You discuss nothing. You are a simple online gadfly and that is it. I'll leave you to prattle and badger others who don't mind having their time wasted.
You're babbling about weight again.

One more time - my post assumed for purposes of the question that Wilson feared Brown physically.

Read it again, try to think critically, and respond to the point, if possible.

Bugsy McGurk

President
wrong; a cop KNOWS he will put his life on the line. Cops don't pussy out because they FEAR the criminal. GET IT? He did nothing unlawful, the laws are clear and he acted within the law.
You're rejecting Wilson's defense while trying to defend him. HE says he feared Brown physically, not me.

BRU

Mayor
You're rejecting Wilson's defense while trying to defend him. HE says he feared Brown physically, not me.
so what? The fact that he feared him doesn't mean he's not expected to do his job. The fact that he feared him justifies chasing him, not the other way around. The supreme court says under the 4th amendment that an officer giving chase to a fleeing suspect, CAN use deadly force to prevent that suspects escape if the officer has probable cause to believe that a suspect poses a threat of death or serious physical injury to him or others. He was well within his rights under the law. He just committed a strong arm robbery and assault and battery against a police officer. You are clearly clueless.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
That's right. If he was so scared of Micheal Brown why did he chase him?

Bugsy McGurk

President
so what? The fact that he feared him doesn't mean he's not expected to do his job. The fact that he feared him justifies chasing him, not the other way around. The supreme court says under the 4th amendment that an officer giving chase to a fleeing suspect, CAN use deadly force to prevent that suspects escape if the officer has probable cause to believe that a suspect poses a threat of death or serious physical injury to him or others. He was well within his rights under the law. He just committed a strong arm robbery and assault and battery against a police officer. You are clearly clueless.
Of course he should do his job. But the job of police officers in the USA is not to unnecessarily shoot unarmed people. If he was afraid to confront Brown physically, with shooting him his only perceived option, he should have waited for backup.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
You're babbling about weight again.

One more time - my post assumed for purposes of the question that Wilson feared Brown physically.

Read it again, try to think critically, and respond to the point, if possible.
Ever match up against a D Lineman in football or a 4 or 5 in hoops? Weight matters - not just height. I'm 6'3, 205. I played D1 hoops. AC Green shoved me around like I was a gnat.

BTW: evidence that you post in bad faith inheres in the FACT that I posted substantively specifically to Wilson being reasonably fearful based on size differential, which you first ignored...and then referenced as "babbling".

You need to be a better person.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
That's right. If he was so scared of Micheal Brown why did he chase him?
He's a police officer and it's his duty to apprehend assailants, thieves, and micreants. It would be an abrogation of his scope and public trust to leave the guy to continue molesting the public at large.