• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Coming Storm......

Barbella

Senator
1. When you originally posted it, you said it was something the Nazis got right.
2. Did work make the prisoners in Auschwitz free? Well, if they did enough productive work they were free to live another day ... just as wage slaves everywhere are free to purchase their lives a meal at a time by selling themselves to their capitalist masters. You are trying to have it both ways ... saying you agree with the use of that phrase to redefine capitalist wage - slavery as freedom ... and then claiming you do not agree with the Nazis who used the phrase in exactly the same sense.
When I originally posted it, I said it was the ONLY thing the Nazis got right. And they did.

No one but a moron thought I was talking about slavery in that context.

Barbella

Senator
What I said was not in support of the Nazis, yet Marvin has over 100 posts bringing it up, so far, in dozens of threads, in most of which it was an out-of-the-blue comment having no connection to the topic at hand. And that's for a phrase that isn't actually linked to the Nazis, and which has been used by many here, besides me, with no such temper tantrums by Marvin.

You, by comparison, used an infamous Nazi phrase associated directly with concentration camps, verbatim, in the original German.... a phrase that instantly makes any educated person think of the Nazis. Wanna bet he doesn't spam the forum in a similar way with you?
What? I used the phrase in the original German because a) I AM German, and B) everyone knows what it is in English, so no one should have a problem knowing what it means. It's a phrase known to all... but just because the Nazis used it doesn't mean it's THEIRS. Any EDUCATED person should know that. The Nazis didn't 'invent' it... and the fact remains that yes, work DOES set you free.

EatTheRich

President
When I originally posted it, I said it was the ONLY thing the Nazis got right. And they did.

No one but a moron thought I was talking about slavery in that context.
Considering that slavery was the context you associated it with (the context in which the Nazis used it in their concentration camps), I'd dispute that. But there's a more fundamental issue here, which explains why you feel compelled to defend such a notorious slogan: what the Nazis did in the concentration camps ... forcing prisoners to buy back their right to live one day at a time through their labor ... is not fundamentally different from what the capitalist class does with the laboring class in general. Nazi slavery just revealed capitalist labor relations in their starkest form, stripped of illusions and buffers that alter their appearance but not their fundamental content.

What I said was not in support of the Nazis, yet Marvin has over 100 posts bringing it up, so far, in dozens of threads, in most of which it was an out-of-the-blue comment having no connection to the topic at hand. And that's for a phrase that isn't actually linked to the Nazis, and which has been used by many here, besides me, with no such temper tantrums by Marvin.

You, by comparison, used an infamous Nazi phrase associated directly with concentration camps, verbatim, in the original German.... a phrase that instantly makes any educated person think of the Nazis. Wanna bet he doesn't spam the forum in a similar way with you?
Of course it was in support of the Nazis, just like your frequent use of the term "curb stomped" is used as a tribute to your fellow Nazis' favored method of torture/execution. Every intelligent person knows that someone who refers to 64 million others as "sub-human scum" is a Nazi. That's why your forbear Heinrich Himmler did exactly that. It's quite clear what you are.

Agreed. It's clear I'm someone who really enjoys curb-stomping sub-human scum like you. That's why you pop up in every thread and whine about me.... which, of course, only makes it more fun for me. Whine on, bitch.
Exactly, a Nazi. Just like I've been saying.

EatTheRich

President
@marvin martian @Jen

If you are going to go around pretending leftists are all Nazis, at least have the decency to address a right-wing political ally of yours who literally approvingly quoted a Nazi slogan associated directly with the camps, noting directly that it was a Nazi tenet, and then defended her use of that phrase over the course of several more posts.