• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The death of the middle class...

Minotaur

Governor
I am actually already impressed that you owned up to it well so no need for a speech and flattery will get you nowhere.

Days

Commentator
Right. Come up with new product. piece of cake.

Do I believe in it? sure. It does happen once in a blue moon, and it does account for a sliver of growth while the mainstay of our manufacturing continues to fade.

But if you want to put Americans back to work, you've got to compete for and win the market back in something big, like clothing, cars, computers (our one bright spot) ... you know, like the good old days when we made the world's best steel and lots of it.

Days

Commentator
I've got to say, your job is going to get tougher and tougher. Everyone is honest injun so far with these editing tools, but I can see where they could become a moderator's nightmare in very short order.

hope your pay is good.

Cicero

Mayor
This is an exceedingly well-crafted post Corruptbuddha. It has generated good responses from both sides. Well done.

Friday13

Governor
And actually, there is an answer - profit simply is't everything. Quality of life, quality of the workplace, quality of education, quality product and quality people matter. You pay a higher price for better labour to obtain a better product that creates better consumer relations which provide steady and reliable profit margins consistently without having to resort to getting the most profit for the least cost to compensate for lost sales due to poor product performance or customer relations.

The middle class is the middle class for a reason - because the middle class is A-OK. We all don't have to be the owner, it is plenty good to be a top-notch worker at a top-notch company, making top-notch wages to make a top-notch product. It's plenty good to know that after 20 years of that, I'll have my house paid off, enough money to live comfortably through my retirement and be able to do most of the things I want to do with my life.

Will I ever own a yacht and a mansion and a mink coat? Nope, but, I never really wanted to anyway, so what does that matter?
Great post, haps!

star 4 U (FWIW)

MaryAnne

Governor
Happy,that was quite a post. The idead that we would all be wonderful,happy paper pushers has been spoured for years.Thos of us who disagreed were made fun of.

Today the realization that if we do not make anything who in the hell cares about paper pushers? What are they going to push?

Now,experts are turning the corner and the jobs are coming back. Not the jobs of the past as we have already moved into the world of Cad Cam and on.

For those who train for the jobs to make things,they will be wanted once again.

Here in Ohio there are 80,000 jobs unfillled because no one is trained to do them.

Like the horse and buggy stage we have moved on into the computer stage.