• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The death of the middle class...

mark14

Council Member
We used to teach kids how to work through home chores and through part time jobs.

The home, as we old scholers knew it, and disciplined labor within the home, has virtually been destroyed, and replaced by the single mom head of household model, and the minimum wage being set so high has eliminated most teens from the job market.

Sad state of affairs, kids grow up, have never known a person who gets up and goes to work every day, on time.
Probably true in your house if you say so but not mine.

mark14

Council Member
Well, it has happened to every other country who has "made it". And, it has happened here. It is so easy to see how when and why, too. We really have become a nation of spoiled brats.
Once again feel free to speak for yourself but Americans work longer and are more productive than most people in a other industrialized nations. Let me know when the whining and moaning Republican party finished so I can wash the dishes mop the floor and go home.

mark14

Council Member
Agreed.

And now that the middle class is suffering, the left's answer is confiscatory taxation to increase the dole of said 'bread and circuses'. Which will, inevitably, increase the rate of the nation's decline as the money leaves trying to keep from being taxed out of existence.
Yes life is nothing but suffering and then you die. But of course you are a Buddhist and know that.

MaryAnne

Governor
CB, I think it is our job to demand they work together for the good of the Country.

I am seeing a big change in Manufacturing in this area, New Caterpillar plant built across from the Vocational school to take advantage of the graduates. Times are changing once again,Tool and Die makers hard to find, plants working 7 days a week to supply the Auto Industry. Manufacturing is on the move again. Companies moving back to the US because of the monetary system. Steel mills in full swing.,Industrial parks opening all over.A good share of this is being done without the Government.
New Auto plants being built.Mercedes and Honda.

I feel better about the future for our children than I have in a long time. I think the pendulum that you and I have seen so many times is swinging back.

MaryAnne

Governor
Great post,Happy! I am seeing the same thing and also am seeing the rise in stature of our Vocational Schools and Community Colleges that prepare you for the work force that is highly automated now.

I had this discussion with a woman whose husband owned several Tool Shops. He could not even get Punch press operators.

MaryAnne

Governor
I admire your optimism.

I sincerely hope you're right.
It is not optimism. This is what I can seeing in my own community. Plants are hiring all over. I keep a pretty close watch on these things and have an Engineer in the family who has to take a days vacation to get a day off.

I watched things go down ,am now seeing them rise. I will not tell you how many years:eek:)

Days

Commentator
to start with, you still haven't got the right diagnosis. You need to grasp the size and scope of manufacturing that was planted in brand new manufacturing plants throughout the Pacific Rim. Outsourcing hurt, but the real bandit was the closing of old factories and no opening of new factories. That's the disease. the cure is simple: reinvestment of capital in new manufacturing right here in the land of the free and home of the poor.

Romney going to do that? nope
Obama? nope
Gingrich? nope

mark14

Council Member
I admire your optimism.

I sincerely hope you're right.
Are we not a Buddhist nation? Optimism is for fools. Tax fairness is an illusion and immaterial. All is suffering, especially when we vote Republican. Then we die. Don't vote. Don't think. Concentrate on nothingness. Seek Nirvana.

mark14

Council Member
to start with, you still haven't got the right diagnosis. You need to grasp the size and scope of manufacturing that was planted in brand new manufacturing plants throughout the Pacific Rim. Outsourcing hurt, but the real bandit was the closing of old factories and no opening of new factories. That's the disease. the cure is simple: reinvestment of capital in new manufacturing right here in the land of the free and home of the poor.

Romney going to do that? nope
Obama? nope
Gingrich? nope
Targeted tax breaks going help do that?
Investment in education going do that?
Rebuilding the infrastructure going to do that? I dunno.

MaryAnne

Governor
CB, I do not see class warfare ,I see the dimnishing of the middle class as you top posted. That has to be reversed,

Days

Commentator
I read his post as directed at her post...
my first impression was that he was saying her post would make an excellent work sample to get her a job as a revisionist.
really, how else would you read that?

Lapcat

Governor
The cure is to get someone in DC that isn't anti-profit and anti-private sector business (ie free market capitalism). And hopefully, we'll accomplish that this November.

Days

Commentator
If you spent the past decade scratching your head over this, as many of us have, it is likely you have come to the same conclusion as cb... there is no fix.

I have said it over and over... how can you expect to convince the same guy who just built a megalithic factory in Vietnam making clothes for Americans, to turn around and build another factory in America to compete with the factory he just built in Vietnam?

This much we can do, we can fix the currency. Nothing is going to get better giving all our money to the banks. Obviously, we need to get back to money created by the Treasury, for the Treasury... and that's something the government can do.

mark14

Council Member
The cure is to get someone in DC that isn't anti-profit and anti-private sector business (ie free market capitalism). And hopefully, we'll accomplish that this November.
Who are you referring to? Did you remember to google your absurd statement before posting it?

mark14

Council Member
If you spent the past decade scratching your head over this, as many of us have, it is likely you have come to the same conclusion as cb... there is no fix.

I have said it over and over... how can you expect to convince the same guy who just built a megalithic factory in Vietnam making clothes for Americans, to turn around and build another factory in America to compete with the factory he just built in Vietnam?

This much we can do, we can fix the currency. Nothing is going to get better giving all our money to the banks. Obviously, we need to get back to money created by the Treasury, for the Treasury... and that's something the government can do.
Yes. America is washed up. But wait. What if we don't build the same factory here but make something the Vietnamese want to buy here so that we can get our money back from them. Don't you believe in the free market system anymore?

G

Greenridgeman

It is said that of every three Americans, one weighs more than the other two.

To me, that is a crime.

mark14

Council Member
It is said that of every four hundred Americans, one weighs more than the other three hundred ninety nine.

Isn't it wonderful?