1. Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
    Dismiss Notice

The death of the middle class...

Discussion in 'Economics, Business, and Taxes' started by Corruptbuddha, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Minotaur

Minotaur Governor

Yep.

2. Minotaur

Minotaur Governor

I am actually already impressed that you owned up to it well so no need for a speech and flattery will get you nowhere.

3. Minotaur

Minotaur Governor

He fixed the typo. One of those been there/done that typing finger situations we can all relate to.

4. Days

Days Governor

Right. Come up with new product. piece of cake.

Do I believe in it? sure. It does happen once in a blue moon, and it does account for a sliver of growth while the mainstay of our manufacturing continues to fade.

But if you want to put Americans back to work, you've got to compete for and win the market back in something big, like clothing, cars, computers (our one bright spot) ... you know, like the good old days when we made the world's best steel and lots of it.

5. Days

Days Governor

I've got to say, your job is going to get tougher and tougher. Everyone is honest injun so far with these editing tools, but I can see where they could become a moderator's nightmare in very short order.

hope your pay is good.

6. Cicero

Cicero Mayor

This is an exceedingly well-crafted post Corruptbuddha. It has generated good responses from both sides. Well done.

7. Friday13

Friday13 Governor

Great post, haps!

star 4 U (FWIW)

8. MaryAnne

MaryAnne Governor

Happy,that was quite a post. The idead that we would all be wonderful,happy paper pushers has been spoured for years.Thos of us who disagreed were made fun of.

Today the realization that if we do not make anything who in the hell cares about paper pushers? What are they going to push?

Now,experts are turning the corner and the jobs are coming back. Not the jobs of the past as we have already moved into the world of Cad Cam and on.

For those who train for the jobs to make things,they will be wanted once again.

Here in Ohio there are 80,000 jobs unfillled because no one is trained to do them.

Like the horse and buggy stage we have moved on into the computer stage.