• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The Earth Is Now “Locked In” To A 3 Foot Sea Level Rise, NASA Says

Samuel Sam

Council Member
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/the-earth-is-now-locked-in-to-a-3-foot-sea-level-rise-nasa-s#.glqgXAPmg
Finally we can say for sure that the Global warming was not the conspiracy theory. Our planet is officially sinking.
Just recently NASA scientists have indicated the rise of the global waters. They say that soon the water on the planet may raise up to 3 feet.
It's strange but in the age of the scientific triumph people still don't know how to deal with that amount of water that comes from the polar ice.
I feel a bit terrified. I'd better go check on my swimming suit and paddlers

Reactions: Ted
D

Deleted member 21794

So NASA says *soon* the water *may* rise *up to* 3 feet?

That doesn't sound a bit like science.

However, I'd like to go along with you for a moment. What makes you think that if we just let government control us a little more and tax us a little more, this sea level rise that *could* happen *soon* can actually be avoided?

And if it is such an urgent situation, why don't the people preaching the doom and gloom cut down on burning so much jet fuel on their private, charter, government and other jets?

Personally, I'll be concerned when politicians and other pimps are concerned enough that they are changing their personal habits out of concern for the planet. As long as they are telling me what I have to change while they continue with their current lifestyle, their words have little to no meaning.

Please tell me where I am going wrong with my thinking on this.

Boltlady

Mayor
http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimdalrympleii/the-earth-is-now-locked-in-to-a-3-foot-sea-level-rise-nasa-s#.glqgXAPmg
Finally we can say for sure that the Global warming was not the conspiracy theory. Our planet is officially sinking.
Just recently NASA scientists have indicated the rise of the global waters. They say that soon the water on the planet may raise up to 3 feet.
It's strange but in the age of the scientific triumph people still don't know how to deal with that amount of water that comes from the polar ice.

You might want to wax your skis too, just in case.

NASA: “Mega Earthquakes, Food Riots, Ice Age” – This Winter

(Oh yes, and the Old Farmers Almanac, which is rarely wrong, is calling for a particularly harsh winter this year)

My preferred solution - industrial scale desalinization plants. These will turn sea water into fresh water. The people of California will no longer go thirsty. The desert will bloom. Australia too.

Let's take the money we're spending on the failed ethanol programs and get to work on desalinization, which we clearly need

Bugsy McGurk

President

Buying waterfront property is a huge gamble these days.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
"Is that going to happen in 2100 or 2200, or somewhere in between"

Most of us will be dead, but I have faith humankind will figure something out.

"Necessity is the Mother of Invention"

D

Deleted member 21794

"Necessity is the Mother of Invention"
And politicians NEED a reason to tax and control people. I suspect that's the necessity driving the invention here. That said, of course we should be good stewards of the planet and its resources.

D

Deleted member 21794

I don't speak for Al Gore.

No (sensible) comment on what I said?
If you don't see the sense and relevance in the comment, then there's really no hope for you with regards to this topic. Have a nice day.

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
And politicians NEED a reason to tax and control people. I suspect that's the necessity driving the invention here. That said, of course we should be good stewards of the planet and its resources.
Agreed on tax, but I do not believe politicians or government should control people. "We, the People" should control them. Unfortunately, too many citizens abdicate that civic duty. Heck, only about 60% of them even bother to vote for their President, less for Congress (as shown in mid-terms).

Completely agreed on mankind being good stewards of the Earth.

D

Deleted member 21794

Agreed on tax, but I do not believe politicians or government should control people. "We, the People" should control them. Unfortunately, too many citizens abdicate that civic duty. Heck, only about 60% of them even bother to vote for their President, less for Congress (as shown in mid-terms).

Completely agreed on mankind being good stewards of the Earth.
I certainly agree we should control the politicians. We need to find the 21st century equivalent of pitchforks, tar and feathers.

Bugsy McGurk

President
If you don't see the sense and relevance in the comment, then there's really no hope for you with regards to this topic. Have a nice day.
I don't. Rush Limbaugh and his ilk have trained you to yammer about Al Gore whenever the topic is global warming, but that strikes sane people as bizarre.

D

Deleted member 21794

I don't. Rush Limbaugh and his ilk have trained you to yammer about Al Gore whenever the topic is global warming, but that strikes sane people as bizarre.
You are not seeing clearly. You went on about it being a gamble to buy property near the ocean, ostensibly due to environmental concerns. For some reason, you don't think one the world's leading environmental activists buying oceanfront property doesn't diminish the validity of your claim. See if you can respond to the facts presented without going off on a Rush Limbaugh or other tangent.

So I will ask again: if Al Gore doesn't seem concerned, why should anyone else be, or for that matter think of it as a huge gamble?

Bugsy McGurk

President
You are not seeing clearly. You went on about it being a gamble to buy property near the ocean, ostensibly due to environmental concerns. For some reason, you don't think one the world's leading environmental activists buying oceanfront property doesn't diminish the validity of your claim. See if you can respond to the facts presented without going off on a Rush Limbaugh or other tangent.

So I will ask again: if Al Gore doesn't seem concerned, why should anyone else be, or for that matter think of it as a huge gamble?
My point is zooming over your head.

I don't care about Al Gore. People like Limbaugh have warped your mind into thinking that global warming and its effects have something to do with Al Gore's lifestyle. They do not.

D

Deleted member 21794

My point is zooming over your head.

I don't care about Al Gore. People like Limbaugh have warped your mind into thinking that global warming and its effects have something to do with Al Gore's lifestyle. They do not.
Again, you go off on a Rush Limbaugh tangent. I will try to make this more simple for you.

Al Gore clearly thinks there is no risk to be concerned with regarding buying oceanfront property.

An anonymous poster on a bulletin board says it's a "huge gamble".

To which person should the casual observer give more credibility, weight and consideration on this issue?

EatTheRich

President
However, I'd like to go along with you for a moment. What makes you think that if we just let government control us a little more and tax us a little more, this sea level rise that *could* happen *soon* can actually be avoided?
NASA, and most other scientists studying it, say it can't be avoided. What COULD be avoided are the further consequences of unchecked carbon emissions ... complete uninhabitability (due to extreme heat, flooding, or drought) of everywhere in the world besides Britain, Scandinavia, Alaska, and Siberia, and frequent superstorms, acid rain, and deadly heat waves in those areas.

Yeh yeh --- that was supposed to happen six years ago too, they keep old churning out the same old frightening pseudo science.